2022 RB Jaydon Blue

texifornia

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

"The average NFL career lasts 3.3 years, according to the NFL Players' Association; 78 percent of players go broke within three years of retirement and 15.7 percent file for bankruptcy within 12 years of leaving the league, according to a paper published by the National Bureau of Economic Research."

https://www.nber.org/system/files/working_papers/w21085/w21085.pdf

The median level of earnings across all players is about $3.2 million (in year 2000 dollars).

Plus, there is some pension and other benefits post career.

And the career length is a little misleading in that over 75% of rookies get a second contract. The 3.3yr. stat is based on the 90 man roster. If you make a roster opening day the average career is 6.1 seasons.

Those NFL numbers are spin, and it looks like that research paper took the NFLs numbers at face value (one of their sources is literally NFL.com.)

Players who make the opening day roster their rookie seasons average a 6 year career, not all players who make any opening day roster. You’re eliminating a huge part of the league to get that six year average. They’re playing with numbers.

https://www.sportscasting.com/how-long-is-the-average-nfl-career/

The NFL likes to play down the actual numbers, calling them a “myth” and making it seem like NFL players have longer careers than they actually do. The league once issued a press release discussing the topic, claiming that the average player’s career lasts for six years or more. However, the NFL included a bunch of qualifiers in its calculations.”

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

$2.5 million can go a long way if they are smart. Investing that money at 5% brings in $125K on top of whatever they make in their new career.

yeah but with $2.5MM you can pay cash for a new Lambo and some sweet fuckin jet-skis. you sound boring. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

It’s personal for you too shithead or you wouldn’t be here. It’s a personal connection that has us all here.

It’s ok to have an opinion. It’s ok to have differing opinions. It’s not ok to write off Blue for the remainder of his life.

Take Brooks as an example. He’s an afterthought for many and probably assumed that Blue would jump him on the depth chart upon arrival. I hope Brooks whips ass and dominates. I had hoped Brooks to be successful regardless of Blues announcement. As he signed with Texas, I have a personal interest in his success. If he’s a good rep of the university and an average player, I’m ok with that. Not everyone succeeds on the field. If our program is worth a damn, someone else will step up.

But you carryon and continue with your Schlick being a poor mans Futureman.

Go ahead have the last word if you desire it.

I’m not sure you have a full grasp of the word “personal.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

It’s personal for you too shithead or you wouldn’t be here. It’s a personal connection that has us all here.

It’s ok to have an opinion. It’s ok to have differing opinions. It’s not ok to write off Blue for the remainder of his life.

Take Brooks as an example. He’s an afterthought for many and probably assumed that Blue would jump him on the depth chart upon arrival. I hope Brooks whips ass and dominates. I had hoped Brooks to be successful regardless of Blues announcement. As he signed with Texas, I have a personal interest in his success. If he’s a good rep of the university and an average player, I’m ok with that. Not everyone succeeds on the field. If our program is worth a damn, someone else will step up.

Thank you?

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Haha 1

So much bitchassedness in this thread. I better get 1000 rep on this post when Jaydon rushes for over 1000 yards in a single season at Texas. See you in a few years. 

Lulz. You own the whole goddamn website and you’re still thirsty for rep. Can’t you just add like a thousand reps to your profile? Fucking lame.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, immamac said:

So much bitchassedness in this thread. I better get 1000 rep on this post when Jaydon rushes for over 1000 yards in a single season at Texas. See you in a few years. 

Not happening. He’s opting out after his first 100 yard game to prepare for the next level.

• Haha 1

Here’s what I want to know. How the hell does PGFrog come blowing in here with an “I told you so” post about Blue. Then get asked no less than four times to provide his original post for reference because many of us don’t remember that, fail to do so, and not get negged into oblivion. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Here’s what I want to know. How the hell does PGFrog come blowing in here with an “I told you so” post about Blue. Then get asked no less than four times to provide his original post for reference because many of us don’t remember that, fail to do so, and not get negged into oblivion. 

the + / - rep system may not be the best instrument for justice

21 hours ago, Had Enough said:

Username checks and whatnot 

• Haha 1

I don’t know shit about shit, but on a random text thread with some old friends this happened.

This kid goes to Cain. Where we are zoned. He lives with a friend of mine. White Dude. I have a feeling knowing “John Doe” (guy he lives with) he probably got that advice. It will not go over well in Gleannloch. “John Doe” use to coach the Spring Texans.

More...and fuck the Patterson nut sniffer making this out to be a worse situation than Zach Evans.

My interactions he was very nice and mature kid. He agreed to talk to the kids that I was coaching. That was after his sophomore year. He very well could of changed. The kids real family obviously lives somewhere else and home life most of sucked, but definitely the environment he was in, while maybe a bit better, was not ideal.

28 minutes ago, Tree Fidy said:

I don’t know shit about shit, but on a random text thread with some old friends this happened.

This kid goes to Cain. Where we are zoned. He lives with a friend of mine. White Dude. I have a feeling knowing “John Doe” (guy he lives with) he probably got that advice. It will not go over well in Gleannloch. “John Doe” use to coach the Spring Texans.

I haven’t spoken to the Dudes in years. I didn’t know White had moved out to Klein.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/23/2021 at 7:00 AM, Thiefery said:

They were talking about this on SiriusXM yesterday as well...  and pretty much said it was smart.

Sure it's smart, from his perspective, if his goal right now is to get to college without suffering a major injury. 

Any "be true to your school" emoting aside, this is a move I feel better about when it's a RB. Much of what they do can't be coached, or requires very little coaching to refine. I don't think OL or DBs could do this and be ready for the college game. Even DL need that final season to learn and practice technique. 

2 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

^^ I guess I agree with that to the extent of purely running abilities, but RBs also need to pick up blocks. He’s going to put himself behind in that department.

Will he? When he gets to TX, he will be in a new system with new coaches and new responsibilities that he has to learn from scratch. Most RBs in HS are ball carriers and the focal points of their offenses, so blocking is an afterthought. 

On 5/23/2021 at 1:43 PM, Here’s the deal said:

I don’t know what everyone is worried about.  Demond Demas didn’t play his senior year of high school and he’s about to rewrite the record books at A&M.

......and how many catches/yards does he have, so far?  Gotta be quite a few, I’d imagine.

(Super K) Jaydon Blue | Note on Forgoing Senior Season

Spoiler

As you know, last week, Texas 4-star RB commit, Jaydon Blue (Klein Cain) announced that he will forgo his senior season.

I’m sure by now most of you have heard that there was an issue that arose with the high school coaching staff. I spoke with a source who confirmed that and said that the family felt this decision was best for Jaydon.

I asked the source how this may impact things with Jaydon and Texas. Was told that Jaydon actually spoke to the Texas staff about the situation prior to speaking to the high school coaches. So, nothing about this move surprised Texas. I don’t believe there are any concerns from Texas’ side (nor should there be in my opinion). Additionally, Blue remains solid to Texas.

I know we’ve mentioned the issue of recruiting momentum quite a bit lately and I’ll mention it again here. I do think Blue not playing impacts the “look” of the class which can further slow the momentum, especially if we see a ranking drop.

But, Blue’s talent is undeniable and as I’ve also said, this class is going to be about good evaluations and future development.

17 hours ago, Machinator said:

(Super K) Jaydon Blue | Note on Forgoing Senior Season

Hide contents

As you know, last week, Texas 4-star RB commit, Jaydon Blue (Klein Cain) announced that he will forgo his senior season.

I’m sure by now most of you have heard that there was an issue that arose with the high school coaching staff. I spoke with a source who confirmed that and said that the family felt this decision was best for Jaydon.

I asked the source how this may impact things with Jaydon and Texas. Was told that Jaydon actually spoke to the Texas staff about the situation prior to speaking to the high school coaches. So, nothing about this move surprised Texas. I don’t believe there are any concerns from Texas’ side (nor should there be in my opinion). Additionally, Blue remains solid to Texas.

I know we’ve mentioned the issue of recruiting momentum quite a bit lately and I’ll mention it again here. I do think Blue not playing impacts the “look” of the class which can further slow the momentum, especially if we see a ranking drop.

But, Blue’s talent is undeniable and as I’ve also said, this class is going to be about good evaluations and future development.

needs a few more commas in that first sentence. jeebus!

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Fud said:

Blue posted “done with high school, finished all my classes”

36 minutes ago, TXRed said:

Could he reclassify to 2021 if he’s actually graduating high school this Month?

Might be the best case scenario for him. Try to get enrolled and on the team before new shit comes to light (that might make him look worse). Just hope that he can keep his nose clean whenever he does make it to the 40 Acres.

Just now, mantis toboggan said:

I would not have expected someone with alleged issues at school of fighting teammates and coaches to graduate a year early.  The world is a magical place full of wonder and mystery. 

In a weird way, taking extra classes for an extended period of time with the aim of graduating a full year early while skipping your senior season is actually very selfish 

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Fud said:

In a weird way, taking extra classes for an extended period of time with the aim of graduating a full year early while skipping your senior season is actually very selfish 

Is everything that is selfish actually a bad thing though?

15 minutes ago, Fud said:

Glad he knocked all those extra classes out in  the short time he was removed from the team. Just shows how hard he can work when he puts his mind to it!