Loki on Disney+

mdmost

7 minutes ago, Scary Stranger said:

He’s never shown telekinesis before though. He stopped that falling building or column. Something’s up with that.

He did a little bit in Thor 2 when he's in the prison cell. Though it's more likely he took a time stone. 

tumblr_mr657muW3W1qe8a0fo1_r1_500.gif

Edited by mdmost

1 hour ago, Apep said:

Apparently a trailer came out for ep 4 yesterday.

Hide contents

Taking the trailer at face value, Sylve is a Loki variant.

I don’t think that is a new episode 4 trailer. That looks like a fan made mash of scenes we already had. 

7 hours ago, ajax said:

Today I learned there is such a thing called bisexual lighting.

This week's 'Loki' confirms that the character is bisexual in bisexual lighting

It’s a throwaway line with “lighting”. It meant a lot to the director. Awesome. It’s very, very inconsequential to the trajectory of the show. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Apep said:

Sorry, I posted the wrong one. Here’s the official one:

Hide contents

That’s better. Still plenty of wiggle room for a Paul B like fake out with vision. But I do think she is meant to be lady Loki. We’ve already got a pretty big twist with the TVA and the fact that all the workers are variants. 

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Caught up last night.  So question:

Hide contents

If you can't change the timeline in fully apocalyptic events, which is why the variant was hiding out in them, why did Loki and the chick think they could get to the ship in time to get it off the moon?

Arrogance. If I remember, Loki gave a speech about doing the impossible or something. 

Im coming back around to the idea that a Loki is the one behind it all trying to be the prime Loki.  One that for whatever reason doesn’t have the tiny hint of hero/not bad guy that we’ve seen to date in the other 3 Lokis. Or maybe one so fanatically “good” the he/she/they think that the only responsible thing to do is kill all the versions of themselves out there. 

On 6/17/2021 at 11:11 PM, Hmmm said:
  Hide contents

There's no fucking way Mobius is Loki.  No fucking way.  Absolutely different personalities.  Loki can't help but being himself and none of that shines through in Mobius.  Loki is conniving, Mobius is sincere.  We'll see.

I'm not the one to toot my own horn, but for fucks sake, they really beat this one down.

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

I didn’t figure OW would last, too big of a name. Otherwise I have no idea what happens now.

You sure?  I mean you assumed anyone hit by the glowy stick thing would die right?

Yes incredibly impressed by this series.  Ready to trip balls on these last two episodes.

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

I did. I still think he’s gone.

I think he's been pruned before and replaced with another copy.  The whole drink rings in the table and how Renslayer talked to him about their friendship mattering so much.  I think they must have re-picked him from his timeline before.

36 minutes ago, Scary Stranger said:

I think he's been pruned before and replaced with another copy.  The whole drink rings in the table and how Renslayer talked to him about their friendship mattering so much.  I think they must have re-picked him from his timeline before.

That kind of implies that those timelines aren't necessarily "pruned".

Which gets into why is Stark/Avengers tower shown as destroyed in whatever world that Loki wakes up in during the mid-credits scene.

Also, on rewatching it, I'm wondering about Renslayer - it sounded like she really likes Mobius, and was kind of....it's like when she asked him if he could go anywhere or anywhen, if Mobius had said "I'd like to go to Hawaii in 1992", it feels like Renslayer would have whipped out her Tempad and said "let's go, right now!"

I did like how they handled the "don't look behind the curtain!" aspect of this episode, I got a kick out of seeing the all-powerful timekeepers as just a chuck-e-cheese animatronic sock puppet.

I wonder if the big nexus event on Lamentis was that Loki decided that he wasn't going to betray Sylvie, it would be consistent with the TVA's opinion of him lol.

I like a good fascist overthrow story, looking forward to seeing how Loki(s) pull down the rest of the charade.

On 7/1/2021 at 10:28 AM, atomheartbevo said:

That kind of implies that those timelines aren't necessarily "pruned".

Which gets into why is Stark/Avengers tower shown as destroyed in whatever world that Loki wakes up in during the mid-credits scene.

Also, on rewatching it, I'm wondering about Renslayer - it sounded like she really likes Mobius, and was kind of....it's like when she asked him if he could go anywhere or anywhen, if Mobius had said "I'd like to go to Hawaii in 1992", it feels like Renslayer would have whipped out her Tempad and said "let's go, right now!"

I think all the Variants in the TVA are repluked after they maybe lose faith or start to ask too many questions. The TVA then goes back in the timeline to grab that person at the same time they did before to keep the continuity going. So Mobius and Renslayer have been together for a long time because she keeps getting him from the same spot she previous took him from in the timeline. I think this whole show is fascinating because I don't believe there's one timeline. I think the multiverse does exist but the Dr. Strange types keep it at bay to keep the MCU timeline from not being destroyed. So all those variants are real Lokis, just from the different multiverse worlds. I think it's really interesting that we've just gotten a small glimpse into the What If? series and I think a lot of that has to do with the events in Loki will lead directly to that new series since it's supposed to debut in August. 

I hope the big bad isn't a Prime Loki because it would be cool for a Disney+ series to get the opportunity to tease the next big villain in the MCU. I still think it's Kang and that he's trapped in some other dimension and needs Renslayer to figure out how to get him out. Given we already know Kang is the villain of the next Ant Man movie, it would make sense that he's trapped somewhere in the Quantum Realm and the TVA is just the puppets he put in place till he could return.