Loki on Disney+

mdmost

On 9/2/2021 at 8:52 PM, atomheartbevo said:

They better get to like him, since he's one of the main baddies in the next phase.

I think the problem is that he was introduced in the last episode, and a lot of people don't like when you have this big buildup, and  then the main bad guy only shows up in the last episode.

ehhhhhhhhhhh, maybe not now, eh?

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Game of Thrones was usually about that long. That's the typical turnaround for anything that's not a sitcom. 

I mean, it wasn't always.  Previously even 1-hour shows would deliver 24-30 episodes between September and May, and then turn around and do it again the next September.  This was true even for heavy SFX shows like Star Trek TNG and others.

I guess it's okay with some people, but I've definitely lost interest in various series that deliver only 10 episodes and then take a 2-year break.  I get to the "why bother" stage more quickly with each passing year.

• Hook 'Em 7

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Js1 said:

I’m assuming they see the success of doing Ahsoka in prime time the night before as a blueprint for the big shows 

I assumed it had something to do with "Taylorxicsm" in that the Taylor Swift Eras Tour movie release forced Exorcism to change their date to the 6th which maybe trickles to Loki moving a day. Even the Attention Economy has (intangible) supply chain issues, I guess.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Your attempt to be some pop culture ChatGPT is getting so old. 

We need to send an EMP to his house so he'll stop worrying so much about the culture. 

I'm assuming it's because Ahsoka showed they could build buzz and have a figure to show advertisers similar to a live show over traditional means of delivery. Plus, it's dumb to drop shows at midnight to early AM. Some asshole is going to spoil it on Twitter. Now it can be a more communal event. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

We need to send an EMP to his house so he'll stop worrying so much about the culture. 

I'm assuming it's because Ahsoka showed they could build buzz and have a figure to show advertisers similar to a live show over traditional means of delivery. Plus, it's dumb to drop shows at midnight to early AM. Some asshole is going to spoil it on Twitter. Now it can be a more communal event. 

Bringing back what is basically prime time via streaming. A smart idea. Apple drops their shows the night before as well. Just makes sense to build buzz 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2023 at 10:09 AM, atomheartbevo said:

Yep, solid, OB was a good addition to the crew. 

Stick around for the scene in the credits.

Yeah thought it was great. The side eye from B15 when X5 and Lysa Arryn were doing that weird embrace was my reaction exactly 

Finally saw the new episode and it made me think of a question I’m sure a nerd has an answer for.

If the new timelines branch off after He Who Remains was killed by Sylvie, why would there be Kangs in those branches? If it doesn’t matter, isn’t an equal or worse threat that there are now an infinite number of Thanos variants?

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Finally saw the new episode and it made me think of a question I’m sure a nerd has an answer for.

If the new timelines branch off after He Who Remains was killed by Sylvie, why would there be Kangs in those branches? If it doesn’t matter, isn’t an equal or worse threat that there are now an infinite number of Thanos variants?

Unless his defeat is…inevitable 
I Dont Feel So Good End Game GIF by phlywheel

On 10/9/2023 at 7:45 PM, CooterBrown said:

true detective time GIF

On 8/2/2023 at 7:53 PM, Biff Tannen said:

I barely even remember the first season. It’s dumb to have so long between seasons. 

I just watched episode 1 and agree here. It’s giving Westworld season 1->2 vibes where I loved S1 but forgot most of the mechanics of it and S2 was confusing

7 hours ago, Red Five said:

Me about five minutes into episode 2: "Did I miss an episode? Or a season?". 

Yeah, same here.

We're supposed to understand that Lysa Arryn sent that dude on a mission to find Sylvie (shown last episode), but instead of retrieving her he became a movie star. But absolutely no clues from the show. How about a scene setting all that up? 

And why is Sylvie all of a sudden mad at Loki? They left each other on good terms. Is it because he's working with the TVA? You know other shows would have a 3 second scene of her finding out somehow and then frowning or showing displeasure. Again, no set up.

And they're doing fuck all about making us care about any of this.

27 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

That was a fun one.  Mrs minutes as crazy love struck stalker is simultaneously amusing and creepy. I liked the spin on the standard Loki / Kang / Asgardian music with the 1800s style.

Yeah that was a really cool episode 

I've really enjoyed ep2 and ep3 and I'm back in. 

I do find it problematic that Jonathan Majors, as great an actor as he is, is a central, moral point of the story. To quote a better source:

"Unfortunately, giving him ample amounts of screen time and dialogue backfired in a big way. With so much weight placed on Timely's moral worth, several uncomfortable moments arise, given what the actor is currently embroiled in. It all adds up to the best and worst episode of "Loki" so far. You almost have to wonder whether, at any point in the last year, anyone involved in the production of "Loki" looked back at episode 3 and flinched at the vast gulf between the central battle over Victor Timely's soul and the criminal allegations swirling around Jonathan Majors himself. While nobody can reasonably blame Marvel Studios or the writers of "Loki" for the actions Majors is accused of (although there is something to be said for one of the biggest studios in the world conducting thorough background checks, given reports of a well-established pattern of behavior dating back decades), most can agree that the optics of a character performed by Majors either loudly insisting on his own moral standing or taking a self-aggrandizing tone as he accepts the flowery compliments of others made for an unpleasant viewing experience, at times."

https://www.slashfilm.com/1423194/jonathan-majors-makes-loki-season-2-episode-3-pretty-awkward/

It looks like his next court date is in a few days and his fate with Marvel is still hanging in the balance. Was reading some pieces that seemed like Marvel is hedging it's bets in case it looks bad on them, one about how Majors wasn't supposed to be the big bad after Thanos after all and another about how Sacha Baron Cohen is going to be the next bad guy.

1 hour ago, Guadaloopy said:

??  She kicked him through a time door so she could kill the The One Who Remains.  

Here's the scene. I'm not seeing anything that Loki does that merits her being so incredibly angry with him. They had a disagreement, she got her way. If anything, he should be mad at her.

1 hour ago, ajax said:

Here's the scene. I'm not seeing anything that Loki does that merits her being so incredibly angry with him. They had a disagreement, she got her way. If anything, he should be mad at her.

He tried to stop her from killing the person that destroyed her life and was (in her eyes…and reality) enslaving all of the beings in the universe and destroying their free will. 

Edited by UT_OB1

On 10/9/2023 at 7:45 PM, CooterBrown said:

At the “end of time”, He Who Remains sees all possible outcomes and tells the TVA which alternate universe branches to “prune” before they can become a threat to his preferred timeline. When Sylvia kills him, nobody is pruning those branches in the past any more, and hundreds, thousands, or infinite branches with alternate Kangs will initiate. 

Every reality has a version of Thanos. Any version of him that wins was likely pruned previously, or maybe he always loses. 

On 10/20/2023 at 1:54 PM, ajax said:

So basically Loki is a husband.