Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

29 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You find creative ways to get the entire OL room paid a few thousand each semester for a hot dog eating contest at some event. You make everyone happy. 

There’s some real Surly happy hour potential here. 

40 minutes ago, LebongJames said:

If they can make money off of their names and likeness, can they hire a manager/ agent to represent them for money making opportunities?

Obviously most players won’t make shit but if you are a top player there is real money to be made on appearances and on social media. 

Yes. The bill allows them to hire an agent licensed under the Texas Occupations Code without losing eligibility. Someone like Sam, or Arch looking forward, would almost definitely hire an agent even if the university has a brokerage system in place. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

A grand for a social post is a good place to start 

The larger question is how to get a listing for Texas players on Opendorse and it looks like companies will have to buy into the platform and be vetted as well. @immamac better get to work on legitimizing the surly llc. Just setup a promotions business where you're brokering appearances at orgs without the wherewithal to get on platform themselves. 

Hoooooly shit. This really will be the wild west. Anyone can book anyone for anything. This is the first I've seen this

Capture.png

https://opendorse.com/solutions/sports-fans/

Edited by Ricky's one-hitter

22 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Gatson Fong'd to USC.

There's a notion that Texas may or may not be willing to take him at this time. Wishy washy. Putting a CB in for USC is a safe move, with a decent probability of being accurate. 

Jones and Blue visit this weekend, so we'll know everything we need to know about the TB spot come Monday. Also, come Monday, I'll be holding you tight.

• Hook 'Em 1

(Eric Nahlin) The difference between official and unofficial visits

Spoiler

Midway through the month of June we’ve already seen Texas host dozens of official and unofficial visitors and the school will continue to do so over the next two weekends.

We’re often asked the difference between the two types of visits. The main difference is official visits are an all-expense paid trip. Instead of visiting a potential timeshare for 2-3 days, a prospect and his/her family are checking out a university. On unofficial visits, the only form of compensation allowed is tickets to a home game.

There are differences beyond compensation and the travel and food (and food, and more food) that comes with it, though.

Official visits are typically much more structured and, at times, even scripted. The player will be in a controlled environment, even if he doesn’t know it. These visits are meticulously planned, and though they’re somewhat uniform, aspects will be custom tailored, often depending on what a prospect wants to study.

Player hosts are carefully thought out. Maybe a prospect and current player are former high school teammates, or friends. More often, there’s not much of a pre-existing relationship and coaches will pair similar personalities together. This just worked in UT’s favor as the staff put Anthony Jones with graduate transfer outside linebacker Ray Thornton. Jones told IT Thornton was a big reason why he shut things down when he did. It was intimated Thornton was an extension of the coaching staff with his sentiment of winning immediately and his ability to sell the culture the staff is instilling.

The staff also put Sebastian Cheeks, a mature and responsible young man, with sophomore linebacker Jaylan Ford who is wired similarly.

On the flip side, if the staff identifies a player who is more outgoing or who will want to see the Saturday night sights, the player-recruit pairing will match accordingly.

Over the course of an official visit, a player and his family will:

- be treated to an upscale hotel
- eat until buttons pop off
- tour campus
- sit in on team meetings
- attend presentations designed to highlight life after football
- learn about UT’s plan for taking advantage of Name, Image, Likeness
- meet with academic advisors
- suit up for photos
- meet with the S&C staff for presentations on strength and nutrition
- tour the city
- spend time with players
- have an exit breakfast, often at the head coach’s house

Official visits are often a school’s last, best shot at a prospect. A staff must not only sell the school’s positives but overcome negatives your recruiting rivals have surely underlined.

Recruits are allowed five official visits and can’t visit the same school twice.

Unofficial visits are unlimited, provided the cycle isn’t in a dead period.

On an unofficial, everything must be paid for by the player or his parents, save game tickets for a home game. Unofficial visits are typically less formal and often only last a few hours, but not always. These are useful opportunities to strengthen a relationship with a player and build up to an official visit, as Texas attempted to do with Atascosita offensive lineman Kam Dewberry this past weekend.

Official visits are typically reserved for prized recruits while unofficial visits are for high priority senior five-stars and no-name sophomores alike.

Is the NIL really going to be driven by "brand value" or is it just going to be a more legal way for boosters to buy recruits? I'm being cynical but I'd imagine market value will only be a (possibly small) part of the story.

In other words, maybe someone's market value is highest at a Texas, Bama, USC, etc, but if some booster from Aggy is willing to promise $300k for an "endorsement" with no expectation of payback then that likely wins out over the potential for legit deals down the road at a blue chip.

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I don’t think it matters anymore about UOV/OV for certain prospects. 

If they don't use one of their OVs on you, it's historically been safe to just cross them off (unless it was a late offer that the kid was holding out for). Not sure that changes all that much even with the new environment.

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There's a notion that Texas may or may not be willing to take him at this time. Wishy washy. Putting a CB in for USC is a safe move, with a decent probability of being accurate. 

Jones and Blue visit this weekend, so we'll know everything we need to know about the TB spot come Monday. Also, come Monday, I'll be holding you tight.

I haven't watched his hudl, but he has an early offer from ISU, and Campbell knows his RB evals, which include Kareem Hunt, David Montgomery, and Breece Hall 

It'll be weird if USC has three east Texas RBs rostered at the same time 

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

If they don't use one of their OVs on you, it's historically been safe to just cross them off (unless it was a late offer that the kid was holding out for). Not sure that changes all that much even with the new environment.

I’m talking about the distinction of what the trip entails and includes. Bear, being the example here. 

59 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Per rumors, Texas is adopting a platform that will act as a digital broker platform for opportunities for players. I hope that's true and not fantasyland, but it would remove the need for some guys to get agents. The offers would go directly to kids.

The way you maximize the NIL is to find creative ways to make it profitable for the regular guys who aren't top players. You maximize it top to bottom, THATS how you get this thing to sing. Evan Stewart is a self made tik tik star, he's going to explode with this one way or another. You find creative ways to get the entire OL room paid a few thousand each semester for a hot dog eating contest at some event. You make everyone happy. 

Also, and I'm sure Texas is handling and aware of this, but they'd better be explaining and setting things up for education and understanding of their tax obligations, because what we don't need is a ton of fucking kids realizing they owe 15k to the IRS they don't have at the end of each ear and bemoaning Texas for letting this happen. 

The way this is being implemented, there's no way it's not going to be an absolute clusterfuck for the first few years, maybe forever.  I am all for it, but it's going to be a free for all because there's so little regulation or guidelines.

Edited by kevwun

6 minutes ago, kevwun said:

The way this is being implemented, there's no way it's not going to be an absolute clusterfuck for the first few years, maybe forever.  I am all for it, but it's going to be a free for all because there's so little regulation or guidelines.

Good. Let some of our boosters enjoy the Wild West without asking fucking permission. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 3

Just now, longhornmatt said:

This is what would make sense, but since we apparently really have been cursed since 2009, instead it looks like our players are going to take this opportunity to transform themselves into QVC hacks and Mary Kay salesman.   We’re going to have guys opt out of the bowl game to audition for Shark Tank.

This is some grade A hand wringing over some kids tweeting about a T shirt line, dude. Slap some water on your face and reach down and remind yourself you’ve got a pair. They have a market platform. These kids have no idea what the offers that will appear will be...but when they see them Theyll take them. That’s on the boosters, not the kids. Do you have kids? Do you cry when a toddler doesn’t innately know how to open doors, or wipe his ass? I hope not. You show them as the adult. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Is the NIL really going to be driven by "brand value" or is it just going to be a more legal way for boosters to buy recruits? I'm being cynical but I'd imagine market value will only be a (possibly small) part of the story.

In other words, maybe someone's market value is highest at a Texas, Bama, USC, etc, but if some booster from Aggy is willing to promise $300k for an "endorsement" with no expectation of payback then that likely wins out over the potential for legit deals down the road at a blue chip.

As I stated above, I think this kind of thinking is exactly incorrect. Also, there is no single booster anywhere that drops $300k on any player, just cuz. Doesn't happen. Some of the institutionalized apparatus can now be brought out in the open because businesses are involved anyway, but now new competitors can also show up and do it legally without holding their noses (UT, Michigan, ND, NC, Stanford, etc.).

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

This is what would make sense, but since we apparently really have been cursed since 2009, instead it looks like our players are going to take this opportunity to transform themselves into QVC hacks and Mary Kay salesman.   We’re going to have guys opt out of the bowl game to audition for Shark Tank.

Opt outs are about to be swinging back out of favor. Nothing much will change for guys getting a 1st projection. Guys lower than that will have to weigh a bowl game pay day versus not taking one in prep for being healthy at the fucking Senior Bowl in January. Programs will figure out how to incent players to show up if they can get $20k on the line one-time for a 3rd-4th round projection.

• Hook 'Em 1

Has the thinking on Blue continued to be that he won't be a Longhorn?

I didn't read the long drama on his thread when he announced he wouldn't play his senior season accompanied by reports that he may have been kicked off the team. 

If he isn't to be a Longhorn, does that mean the common wisdom is that he is an irredeemable project?

Thanks, again, for indulging my ignorance.

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

Sometimes I forget how seriously people take recruiting.   My deepest apologies.  Please, continue to rally the troops so nobody loses focusness on the severe importance of these issues or tries to discuss them in less than serious terms.

College football players hawking t-shirts:  serious business.

I got the joke and laughed. 

30 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

The average endorsement earnings for an NFL player is about $2,700.  

Even that is very heavily weighted toward the top ~15 or so players.

Edited by JBJ

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I doubt any. That would be like the school paying players directly. 

we are under-leveraging the LHN however 

Someone should figure out a way to allow big time donors to buy advertising time on the LHN as part of their contribution to 5* athlete's NLI, and make that monetary investment part of that donors annual, tax deductible, LHF contribution.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

As I stated above, I think this kind of thinking is exactly incorrect. Also, there is no single booster anywhere that drops $300k on any player, just cuz. Doesn't happen. Some of the institutionalized apparatus can now be brought out in the open because businesses are involved anyway, but now new competitors can also show up and do it legally without holding their noses (UT, Michigan, ND, NC, Stanford, etc.).

Opt outs are about to be swinging back out of favor. Nothing much will change for guys getting a 1st projection. Guys lower than that will have to weigh a bowl game pay day versus not taking one in prep for being healthy at the fucking Senior Bowl in January. Programs will figure out how to incent players to show up if they can get $20k on the line one-time for a 3rd-4th round projection.

Are you going to participate?  

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Sometimes I forget how seriously people take recruiting.   My deepest apologies.  Please, continue to rally the troops so nobody loses focusness on the severe importance of these issues or tries to discuss them in less than serious terms.

College football players hawking t-shirts:  serious business.

I feel like you believe you’ve  just delivered a stinging rebuke, but the reality is you look like a football board poster.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Something else when thinking about a Surly HH, as an example. Texags has allegedly been used as a funnel for years and is basically a dark market extension of the ATM AD. They're going to pump money through there now to endorse players for monthly posts about their site.

Other programs are going to almost immediately figure this out too. This is where a fat piece of shit like Ketchum could actually add some value by doing same for UT. Pick 5 guys on the roster that aren't the biggest names, give them each $500/month to post on social media and to offline give you scoop about what is happening. That is up that fat bitch's alley. 

So a Surly HH with crowdsource payoff for social media posts about it from our back-up OL and DL would be fucking smart and doable on the reg. @immamac

• Hook 'Em 6

5 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

The states are allowing basically anything so far, but the NCAA is hopelessly appealing to the supreme court/congress to restrict the states. Once the SCOTUS ruling is handed down, expect the NCAA to pass restrictions greater than the current, which is pretty toothless and generic. 

• NIL compensation cannot be used as a form of payment for athletic participation. In other words, NIL opportunities should not be used as a recruiting tactic.
  • Schools and conferences cannot play a role in their student-athletes’ NIL activities.
  • Student-athletes cannot profit from use of their NIL in situations where they have no legal right to demand such compensation (i.e. when the athlete’s school trademarked logos are used).
  • The role of third parties in student-athlete NIL activities is regulated.
  • NIL rules cannot interfere with NCAA members’ efforts in the areas of diversity, inclusion or gender equity. 

What likely happens is a monetary cap on the engagement type. So, (these are arbitrary) max 1k for a Twitter post, 10k for autograph signing, 25k for a commercial, etc. The engagements themselves, or "proof of work" will be a big component to avoid 300k for showing up on campus. 

The stars will reap the most benefit from the Texas brand. For example, those Capital One mascot commercials would almost certainly be full of athletes if created this upcoming season. Something like 12 mascots were apart of the commercial, including Texas, consisting of the most prominent national brands. This is the lucrative opportunity. Additionally, without a pro sports team in Austin, the visibility of the brand and ease of contracting players will create more demand for engagements than...say...Miami where they'll be competing with an NFL and MLB team (Marlins and Dolphins also using opendorse). 

If we wanted to play by the letter of current law, the pitch to recruits is to piggyback your personal brand on the most lucrative brand in college sports. In addition to very lucrative opportunities to use your NIL thanks to the Texas brand,  a steady flow of engagement opportunities will be available to you that would not be available in smaller or more crowded markets. While Georgia is pushing a lump sum payday, Texas can push a wealth building strategy. I think the market will ultimately do a lot of the heavy lifting in providing these opportunities, but there's a place for small business owners and fans as well. Then the bag is a tool, not an obstruction. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Has the thinking on Blue continued to be that he won't be a Longhorn?

I didn't read the long drama on his thread when he announced he wouldn't play his senior season accompanied by reports that he may have been kicked off the team. 

If he isn't to be a Longhorn, does that mean the common wisdom is that he is an irredeemable project?

Thanks, again, for indulging my ignorance.

The can is being kicked down the road 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Someone should figure out a way to allow big time donors to buy advertising time on the LHN as part of their contribution to 5* athlete's NLI, and make that monetary investment part of that donors annual, tax deductible, LHF contribution.

Yeah no. 

Just catching up but can anyone shed some light on why Stone is needed at all - much less a scholarship K/P? With a PWO K, a P, and LS already in the 3 year rolling class...   I'd much rather have that counter at OL, CB, etc ... 

Bert Auburn (PWO 2021) ::

KICKOFFS

Distance: 77.00 yards – Hang time: 3.61

Distance: 76.00 yards – Hang time: 3.71

Distance: 72.00 yards – Hang time: 3.21

AVERAGE DISTANCE: 75.00 YARDS  |  AVERAGE HANG TIME: 3.51 SECONDS

Will Stone (scholarship 2022)  ::

KICKOFFS

Distance: 60.00 yards – Hang time: 3.67

Distance: 59.00 yards – Hang time: 3.48

Distance: 59.00 yards – Hang time: 3.54

AVERAGE DISTANCE: 59.33 YARDS  |  AVERAGE HANG TIME: 3.56 SECONDS

Will Stone's Punting stats  ::

PUNTS

Distance: 33.00 yards – Hang time: 3.53

Distance: 29.00 yards – Hang time: 3.56

Distance: 29.00 yards – Hang time: 3.62

AVERAGE DISTANCE: 30.33 YARDS  |  AVERAGE HANG TIME: 3.57 SECONDS

4 minutes ago, JBJ said:

This is not an apples to apples issue. Motivations for sponsorship will be fundamentally different. As well, the average NFL salary dis-incents players to pursue a $1000 appearance fee at the local pub. So, NFL endorsement data is borderline irrelevant.

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Are you going to participate?  

I'm sure. I'm going to get one of the lawyers to look at it with a specific example in mind and see what they think, as a starting point. I see a specific use immediately that would be valuable to one business irrespective of star power involved.

2 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

The states are allowing basically anything so far, but the NCAA is hopelessly appealing to the supreme court/congress to restrict the states. Once the SCOTUS ruling is handed down, expect the NCAA to pass restrictions greater than the current, which is pretty toothless and generic. 

What likely happens is a monetary cap on the engagement type. So, (these are arbitrary) max 1k for a Twitter post, 10k for autograph signing, 25k for a commercial, etc. The engagements themselves, or "proof of work" will be a big component to avoid 300k for showing up on campus. 

The stars will reap the most benefit from the Texas brand. For example, those Capital One mascot commercials would almost certainly be full of athletes if created this upcoming season. Something like 12 mascots were apart of the commercial, including Texas, consisting of the most prominent national brands. This is the lucrative opportunity. Additionally, without a pro sports team in Austin, the visibility of the brand and ease of contracting players will create more demand for engagements than...say...Miami where they'll be competing with an NFL and MLB team (Marlins and Dolphins also using opendorse). 

If we wanted to play by the letter of current law, the pitch to recruits is to piggyback your personal brand on the most lucrative brand in college sports. In addition to very lucrative opportunities to use your NIL thanks to the Texas brand,  a steady flow of engagement opportunities will be available to you that would not be available in smaller or more crowded markets. While Georgia is pushing a lump sum payday, Texas can push a wealth building strategy. I think the market will ultimately do a lot of the heavy lifting in providing these opportunities, but there's a place for small business owners and fans as well. Then the bag is a tool, not an obstruction. 

There are probably significant legal issues arbitrary wage limits that the NCAA will have to avoid if they really do attempt anything. I predict they do largely nothing and continue to shit themselves into irrelevance.

2 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Yeah $300k was an exaggeration. The point was that now Bear Alexander could get his bags through legal means (which may also increase the size and frequency of bags)

But your stat is kind of my point. If the average endorsement deal is like $1k in college, is that really going to sway a recruit's decision vs. a gray area "bags" deal? Idk which outweighs the other, but basically there are two forces being unleashed - 1. legit commercial deals (helps the UTs/USCs of the world) and 2. enabling larger, safer, more common "bags" (helps the Aggies/UGAs of the world)

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

Just catching up but can anyone shed some light on why Stone is needed at all - much less a scholarship K/P? With a PWO K, a P, and LS already in the 3 year rolling class...   I'd much rather have that counter at OL, CB, etc ... 

Bert Auburn (PWO 2021) ::

KICKOFFS

Distance: 77.00 yards – Hang time: 3.61

Distance: 76.00 yards – Hang time: 3.71

Distance: 72.00 yards – Hang time: 3.21

AVERAGE DISTANCE: 75.00 YARDS  |  AVERAGE HANG TIME: 3.51 SECONDS

Will Stone (scholarship 2022)  ::

KICKOFFS

Distance: 60.00 yards – Hang time: 3.67

Distance: 59.00 yards – Hang time: 3.48

Distance: 59.00 yards – Hang time: 3.54

AVERAGE DISTANCE: 59.33 YARDS  |  AVERAGE HANG TIME: 3.56 SECONDS

Will Stone's Punting stats  ::

PUNTS

Distance: 33.00 yards – Hang time: 3.53

Distance: 29.00 yards – Hang time: 3.56

Distance: 29.00 yards – Hang time: 3.62

AVERAGE DISTANCE: 30.33 YARDS  |  AVERAGE HANG TIME: 3.57 SECONDS

Sark seems to be overemphasizing, relative to other schools, special teams on the roster scholarship allocation. I do wonder if they're actually immediately on scholarship though 

Bama will announce kids in their classes who actually are walk-ons for a year on campus so that they don't count against the 25, and the public doesn't know about it unless someone spills the beans; they're usually special teamers or kids from families with means. It wouldn't surprise me if Sark does the same here (although I don't know for a fact that he'll do it)

Similar to how Bama boards never have a clear idea of numbers available, I think Texas fans should be prepared to experience the same thing 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

This is not an apples to apples issue. Motivations for sponsorship will be fundamentally different. As well, the average NFL salary dis-incents players to pursue a $1000 appearance fee at the local pub. So, NFL endorsement data is borderline irrelevant.

Yeah.  But the point is that there's not really as much money here as people think, and there's likely going to be more dark or grey money involved than ludicrous payouts for the average player.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Why is this necessary or tax advantageous. Any payment I make in the service of players endorsing my business is going to be an ordinary expense And dollar for dollar offset of profits. That’s very not as advantageous as buying advertising on the LHN unless I’m being a simpleton and missing something? 

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Yeah $300k was an exaggeration. The point was that now Bear Alexander could get his bags through legal means (which may also increase the size and frequency of bags)

But your stat is kind of my point. If the average endorsement deal is like $1k in college, is that really going to sway a recruit's decision vs. a gray area "bags" deal? Idk which outweighs the other, but basically there are two forces being unleashed - 1. legit commercial deals (helps the UTs/USCs of the world) and 2. enabling larger, safer, more common "bags" (helps the Aggies/UGAs of the world)

Laramie Tunsil was getting his rent paid by Ole Miss and getting walking around money at Ole Miss when they were at the top of the corruption ladder and just pissing money around, and he seemed pretty content. These are still kids. Yeah, I think making a cool 1k for a few hours work at a happy hour is probably going to be real fucking attractive to a lot of dudes. 

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Why is this necessary or tax advantageous. Any payment I make in the service of players endorsing my business is going to be an ordinary expense And dollar for dollar offset of profits. That’s very not as advantageous as buying advertising on the LHN unless I’m being a simpleton and missing something? 

You're not. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Yeah.  But the point is that there's not really as much money here as people think, and there's likely going to be more dark or grey money involved than ludicrous payouts for the average player.

Again, motivations are completely different when thinking through corporate behaviors with the NFL versus booster-business owner/leader behaviors at the collegiate level. Emotions drive decisions. I dealt with part of Ed Whitacre throwing money at Texas Tech while he ran AT&T as their global CEO. Phil Knight funnels a metric fuckton of money to Oregon every year through Nike. These are big examples of extremes that work all the way down to the local pub in Pflugerville for UT. The exact shit driving the illegal payouts will drive legitimate deals now. 

Say I run a gym (I don't) and I don't really want to negotiate a deal with a starting LB with the Texans/Cowboys to show up and advocate. Hell, he probably can't anyway, but also, he's got no loyalty and will be gone or cut in a year even if he was interested. I'm going to give that guy $2500/month to be vocal on my behalf? Unlikely for all kinds of reasons. Would I pay the starting 5 OLs at Texas to each advocate for me in social media for $500/player and make it a group thing? I don't know, but maybe. It's not hard to consider or model. 

I can tell you this, it sure as shit hasn't taken us any time on this thread to think through multiple ways to leverage this for multiple entities in which it seems like it could money-out for both the sponsor and the players. It's a different situation than the pros.

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Something else when thinking about a Surly HH, as an example. Texags has allegedly been used as a funnel for years and is basically a dark market extension of the ATM AD. They're going to pump money through there now to endorse players for monthly posts about their site.

Other programs are going to almost immediately figure this out too. This is where a fat piece of shit like Ketchum could actually add some value by doing same for UT. Pick 5 guys on the roster that aren't the biggest names, give them each $500/month to post on social media and to offline give you scoop about what is happening. That is up that fat bitch's alley. 

So a Surly HH with crowdsource payoff for social media posts about it from our back-up OL and DL would be fucking smart and doable on the reg. @immamac

College superpacs! 

Colt McCoy has played for 5 different NFL teams and will never be considered an institution in any of those towns, but he'll always be a Longhorn. That's the kind of emotional marketing that businesses will throw huge money to try and harness. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Definitely something to look into. Hell if we did have some money to filter through. I have zero fucking morals and have zero problems turning the podcast into Dabos church lol

This should be a no brainer. This board has means. It should buy a recruit, faux bag style, every year. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting