Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - All Gas No Brakes

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I work closely with a certain previously committed 5 star QB's father (hint: its Quinn Ewers, for those who haven't been following recruiting closely like I have) and chatted with him a bit this after

I find all of the angst about Murphy to be laughable. After Ewers, he's the guy I've been cheering for Texas to land for 3 weeks. Texas has a healthy QB room right now and that isn't going to change.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

IT - relevant for scholarship numbers:

If Young can take on some of the workload that could prevent Brooks from having to play which would be a great development. I’m not convinced Harrison is going to play a down at Texas, to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Drummond said:

Last high-profile North Shore kid we landed?  Maybe i am just not remembering someone obvious.

I don't know how high-profile (decent 3*) but Tristian Houston is the last one that comes to mind. I may be super wrong though. Before that it was probably Chykie Brown/Trey Hopkins. 

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Super K on Phaizon Wilson

Reveal hidden contents

This past weekend, I spoke with 2022 TX wide receiver Phaizon Wilson.

First, let me say, he looks fantastic. Since his move to Duncanville he’s got bigger, faster and stronger. He told me he feels like the development he’s gotten at Duncanville has helped him quite a bit. You can see it on the turf.

I did ask him about his recruitment. As you know, he was at one time a Texas commit and recently dropped a top three. Texas was not included. It was our belief that Texas didn’t have room for him and that may very well be the case.

But, I did want to share with you all what Phaizon told me happened. He said that he wanted to recommit to Texas but they let him know that because he had played at Lancaster, and the former head coach at Lancaster Chris Gilbert is now on staff at Texas, the NCAA IAWP rule prohibited Texas from taking him.

image.gif.25c0ae4120ae7d3d6979cdd39924325d.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
5 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

So, three opportunities for a half-ass education and Texas.

I beg your pardon, sir? There is no finer higher education in ALL of West Central Alabama than that provided by The Capstone, I'll have you know!

Begone from heah, you reconstructionist carpetbagger!!

Edited by Junior Bonner
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

So, three opportunities for a half-ass education and Texas.

Are we really doing the thing where we pretend the average high 5* 17 year old has education as a priority above getting into the league

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, Teryor said:

Are we really doing the thing where we pretend the average high 5* 17 year old has education as a priority above getting into the league

Absolutely not. I'm aware of the reality.  My point is simply that if it were about education,  it would be an easy choice.

50 minutes ago, Teryor said:

It’s only important when it’s an o-lineman considering Stanford.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, NoName said:

it's incredible that this guy got 0 catches. Kai fucking Money got 10 at Texas. MALCOM EPPS had 3 catches. but they couldn't find 1 for 5* (ish) with his explosiveness?

syXQlkYs

MAX WRIGHT got a catch.

someone named Ryan Renick (walk on?) got 2 catches

Kam Brown had 5.

don't care, got paid. He'll prob soon be in the portal looking for more $$.

what the fuck?

Rivals has Bear Alexander as the #3 player in the country?!?

yes, that is the guy currently the #140 composite player and #22 composite player in Texas. 247 is even lower on him with him at #35 in Texas

dave chapelle what GIF

edit: i get that everything is wack without camps and such, but when was the last time there was such a huge gap between someone like this? 247 literally doesn't have him ranked nationally - so outside the top 247 and Rivals has him at #3 overall? even if 247 hasn't updated in a while (last update was 12/11/20 but he has been ranked as a 90 since 8/2019) this is a HUGE gap between the services.

someone is going to look dumb in <12 months

Edited by NoName
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, NoName said:

what the fuck?

yes, that is the guy currently the #140 composite player and #22 composite player in Texas. 247 is even lower on him with him at #35 in Texas

dave chapelle what GIF

He'll probably shoot up in ESPN and 247 too when they re-rank

• Hook 'Em 1
8 minutes ago, NoName said:

what the fuck?

dave chapelle what GIF

No. He's their #4 player in the country

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, NoName said:

what the fuck?

dave chapelle what GIF

They've had him in the top 10 since the initial rankings. Not going to opine on what his "real" ranking is but I think 247/ESPN were low on him just because he had no varsity tape from sophomore year due to his transfer to Ryan.

39 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Roach said Murphy's ranking won't drop on 247, but he could drop due to others moving up.

I mean, he's 62 on their site. That probably means he's going to move into the 75-100 range. Maybe more. Because there's going to be a lot of shuffling thanks to covid and various season and camp irregularities. And it's very safe to say he's going to divebomb in ESPN's rankings. 

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

He'll probably shoot up in ESPN and 247 too when they re-rank

1 minute ago, TommyGufano said:

No. He's their #4 player in the country

1 minute ago, Dijon Robinson said:

They've had him in the top 10 since the initial rankings. Not going to opine on what his "real" ranking is but I think 247/ESPN were low on him just because he had no varsity tape from sophomore year due to his transfer to Ryan.

thanks, just seems crazy that a guy is ranked like 35 in the State for 247 and 34 for ESPN is also #4 in the country for Rivals

30 minutes ago, NoName said:

thanks, just seems crazy that a guy is ranked like 35 in the State for 247 and 34 for ESPN is also #4 in the country for Rivals

Gerry Hamilton has said he's going to move up into the top 50 nationally. He didn't get cleared to play until late in the season due to transferring high schools. 

5 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

lol fucking Rivals. Dewberry should not be the #14 player in the country. 

fwiw - i think most would agree of the Texas OL we are recruiting, he is probably the least likely to come to Texas, but............ I have heard from multiple folks now that he loves showing up to training camps etc in full on aggy gear. 

2 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

fwiw - i think most would agree of the Texas OL we are recruiting, he is probably the least likely to come to Texas, but............ I have heard from multiple folks now that he loves showing up to training camps etc in full on aggy gear. 

Wouldn't surprise me if Jimbo just "accidentally" gave Kenyon Green two equipment bags, and told him to take the extra one down to Atascocita.

9 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

He's probably more likely than Neto