Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - All Gas No Brakes

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I work closely with a certain previously committed 5 star QB's father (hint: its Quinn Ewers, for those who haven't been following recruiting closely like I have) and chatted with him a bit this after

I find all of the angst about Murphy to be laughable. After Ewers, he's the guy I've been cheering for Texas to land for 3 weeks. Texas has a healthy QB room right now and that isn't going to change.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Ready for this. I’m doubling down! We get another commit before Allen on Monday! Murphy in town this weekend, momentum building. Someone else will drop this weekend, I feel it in my plums

Please be Banks, Campbell, or both.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

They all sucked.

Does the calculus change if they're both top-75 guys? Because comparing a hypothetical Ewers-Murphy class to the litany of JAGs Texas took at the position in the past 15 years seems silly. Anyways, if you feel compelled to respond to this, I'll propose we start a thread on the idea of 2 QB classes rather than taking attention from the red-hot '22 recruiting chatter 🤝

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Please be Banks, Campbell, or both.

I’m going Hudson to flip. Pure plums but with that TFB video and Murphy hinting at a third guy dropping soon, knowing that him and Hudson are bros plus the IT soft commit stuff...

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1
Just now, TommyGufano said:

Does the calculus change if they're both top-75 guys? Because comparing a hypothetical Ewers-Murphy class to the litany of JAGs Texas took at the position in the past 15 years seems silly. Anyways, if you feel compelled to respond to this, I'll propose we start a thread on the idea of 2 QB classes rather than taking attention from the red-hot '22 recruiting chatter 🤝

Demas has a better chance of leading the SEC in catches and yards than Texas does at signing Ewers and Murphy.

• Haha 2
42 minutes ago, Dijon Robinson said:

Not to be a downer, but when Murphy committed wasn't it widely reported that Ewers wasn't afraid of competition? Why would he care if Ohio State reached out to Klubnik?

Either way, at this point it seems clear we'll be in fine shape even if he doesn't flip back. Full speed ahead for Manning imo.

I think there is some assumption that Ewers and Klubnik may not like each other after the state title game also. I don't think I saw Klubnik in one but Westlake made those Ewers shirts, was generally talking a lot of shit. Could just be a friendly rivalry but may be some actual animosity there. 

Ewers may be fine being in a two qb class in theory but out on being in a two qb class with Klubnik specifically. Like someone else said, if tOSU did reach out to Klubnik it was as a Ewers contingency and not as a second qb take. 

Edited by UncleSonny
  • Hook 'Em 2
1 minute ago, UncleSonny said:

I think there is some assumption that Ewers and Klubnik may not like each other after the state title game also. I don't think I saw Klubnik in one but Westlake made those Ewers shirts, was generally talking a lot of shit. Could just be a friendly rivalry but may be some actual animosity there. 

Ewers may be fine being in a two qb class in theory but out on being in a two qb class with Klubnik specifically. Like someone else said, if tOSU did reach out to Klubnik it was as a Ewers contingency and not as a second qb take. 

Oh they definitely dislike each other. Yeah, didn't think about that angle.

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Aggy poster on 247 saying Brennan Thompson visiting this weekend.

The increased aggy/Thompson chatter is pretty much the only negative news the past few days. Not great but if he's their best counterpunch, fine. Not worried about wr recruiting at the moment. 

15 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Both white, Both QBs. Only one is related to NFL QBs, only one was once committed to Texas.

15 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Archie Manning is in the Hall of Fame. Ewers is in High School.

Using Hudson Card’s hands as one unit, how far can they throw a football?

25 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

I know some hate ewers because he decommited but who would want to play for Herman?

I would definitely want him back in the class. Fine with Murphy still.

No one "hates" Quinn. We're just being salty because another Texas kid that we were his dream school has committed to fOSU, and that shit is annoying as fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3
5 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Buckeye Scoop did an interview with Caleb Burton. He seemed pretty he’d and fast about going to tOSU. This was re: his view on Quinn:

84A1C2EB-E08D-4E2A-93E2-6723A7AEB0FA.jpeg

18637420-F3CB-4872-92BF-BB6FB484B12F.jpeg

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

Make those asshats sweat.

Edited by Bevo14
1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

No one "hates" Quinn. We're just being salty because another Texas kid that we were his dream school has committed to fOSU, and that shit is annoying as fuck. 

It’s really weird that he flipped and committed to OSU so quick. I bet he is definitely regretting not letting things play out.

• Hook 'Em 1
1 minute ago, Fug said:

It’s really weird that he flipped and committed to OSU so quick. I bet he is definitely regretting not letting things play out.

I think he's probably not as committed as some think. He seems genuine and made a rash decision. I think he's probably a soft commit, but them and us will chase him until the end. No way Sark is giving up on a kid who grew up loving the burnt orange. Can we flip him? Who knows. But he's not afraid of competition. 

• Hook 'Em 1
3 minutes ago, Fug said:

I wonder if he regrets it more or less than his haircut.

ted-cruz-hair.jpg?fit=scale&fm=pjpg&h=35

• Fuck Around and Find Out 2
  • Haha 1

If he were going to flip back, he should have done it two weeks ago, before Maalik committed. We're in a different place now, especially with Maalik using his relationships to build the 22 class. It seems obvious that we would take Ewers with open arms, but it's hard to say without knowing how it would affect Maalik and the guys in the pipeline due to Maalik.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

If he were going to flip back, he should have done it two weeks ago, before Maalik committed. We're in a different place now, especially with Maalik using his relationships to build the 22 class. It seems obvious that we would take Ewers with open arms, but it's hard to say without knowing how it would affect Maalik and the guys in the pipeline due to Maalik.

It would hurt us with Coleman, who is unlikely anyway, but the rest of the skill guys are Texas kids and they would have no issues with Maalik or Quinn.

But yeah, Quinn had his shot, and blew it twice. You move forward with Maalik.

• Hook 'Em 1
49 minutes ago, Viper said:

my reading of it was that Ohio State reached out to Klubnik because they are thinking Ewers might flip.

Not keeping some backup plans warm is straight out the Herb Hand School of Recruiting. It might be the case, but I don't see why there has to be any correlation between tOSU contacting Klubnik and them worrying about Ewers. Would be a massive fuckup on their part to not talk to any other QBs even if they think Ewers is 100% solid.

45 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I’m going Hudson to flip. Pure plums but with that TFB video and Murphy hinting at a third guy dropping soon, knowing that him and Hudson are bros plus the IT soft commit stuff...

It was thought that Brenen Thompson was likely to OU until they "filled up" at WR. If we flip Hudson, wonder if they come after Thompson hard again.

9 minutes ago, Fug said:

This has always made me feel like there's less chance with Ewers than we'd like there to be. Bailing on Tom Herman makes total sense. But if Texas is the lifelong favorite, etc, why not just let shit play out a little bit? He could have waited until this spring to commit anywhere.

• Hook 'Em 4
1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

He should be regretting it because Sark is building a Ferrari and because Columbus is cold and grey and nasty as shit for about six months out of the year.

Well it's nasty as shit all year. It's Ohio ffs.

• Hook 'Em 1
8 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

He should be regretting it because Sark is building a Ferrari and because Columbus is cold and grey and nasty as shit for about six months out of the year.

And the other half is winter.

Edited by IDIOTsavant
I type like Sydney Carton.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
4 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Not keeping some backup plans warm is straight out the Herb Hand School of Recruiting. It might be the case, but I don't see why there has to be any correlation between tOSU contacting Klubnik and them worrying about Ewers. Would be a massive fuckup on their part to not talk to any other QBs even if they think Ewers is 100% solid.

Unless that leads to the guy going from wavering to decommitting. I personally think that it help tOSU that Ewers already decommitted once.

57 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Aggy poster on 247 saying Brennan Thompson visiting this weekend.

"Brennan, come look at how we underutilize WRs in person. You will love the seats on the sidelines we have for WRs, it gives you a great view to all the plays we design for the TE."

• Hook 'Em 3

I'm not nearly as convinced on Ewers as the entire rest of the world seems to be.

As him actually being a 5-star consensus #1, I mean...I do believe that he's not very solid to tOSU.

Edited by JBJ
1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

You noticed he was conspicuously absent from that update?

• Hook 'Em 1
3 minutes ago, golfclap said:

2022 players that didn't grow up aggy :: "Who the fuck is Reggie McNeal?" 

Reggie McNeal underrated? No, he is right where he needs to be remembered, unremarkable just like aggy.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1