2021 World Series: Houston Astros vs. Atlanta Braves

texashorne

Ditto 

Game 1: Atlanta at Houston, Tuesday, Oct. 26. 7:09 p.m. CT.

Game 2: Atlanta at Houston, Wednesday, Oct. 27. 7:09 p.m. CT.

Game 3: Houston at Atlanta, Friday, Oct. 29. 7:09 p.m. CT.

Game 4: Houston at Atlanta, Saturday, Oct. 30. 7:09 p.m. CT.

Game 5*: Houston at Atlanta, Sunday, Oct. 31. 7:15 p.m. CT.

Game 6*: Atlanta at Houston, Tuesday, Nov. 2. 7:09 p.m. CT.

Game 7*: Atlanta at Houston, Wednesday, Nov. 3. 7:09 p.m. CT.

All games on FOX

Edited by TonyTexas

Atlanta, beneficiaries of a decade of ridiculously biased home plate umpiring, will never be America's team to anyone who remembers those years. More than anyone else, the Braves are responsible for grading umpires and all these new angles of the strike zone. Smoltz, Maddux and most egregiously Glavine were routinely given four inches off the plate. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

I'm cool with Beau Vine, but let the hate fucking flow when it comes to baseball.   IDGAF about the dumbass feelings any more.  Anyone still blaming the Astros as unique transgressors against the purity of baseball is just looking for a fall guy...as if the purity of baseball even exists!!!  Then they try to double down and say the Astros weren't contrite.

Well they weren't...because they didn't need to be.  Fuck y'all and the blame game.

Fuck em all!!!  Let the haters fucking steep in their bullshit.

39 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

I’ve never stepped in Atlanta outside of the airport but already bought flight to go to game 4. What part of town is the ballpark in? What is the best part of town to stay in for going out afterward? Thanks. 

The ballpark is in Cobb County to the northwest of downtown. They bucked the trend in moving from the Ted near downtown to a more suburban location. The Ted sucked- nothing to do around it. Complete 180 with their new park.  Truist Park is in the middle of a new development called the Battery. Very well done. They have lots of bars and restaurants next to the stadium plus apartments, offices and shops. Hope the Astros buy up the land around MMP and do what the Braves have done because they have created a great entertainment district to enjoy a game and do something before or after.

Superica has excellent Tex-Mex by chef Ford Fry who is from Htown. Antico great Neapolitan pies and El Super Pan Cuban sandwiches are also good options. For bars there is one of those Live at the Battery bars like the one the Rangers just built in Arlington. CRÚ Food & Wine Bar, Garden & Gun Club and Terrapin Taproom are solid pre/post game spots. Terrapin also serves Fox Bros BBQ which is best Texas style BBQ available in Atlanta. I would get a hotel in Midtown- something like the Loews and rent a car.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TonyTexas said:

Lulz. 

What is their to do pregame or post next to MMP after Homeplate Bar & Grill closed? Biggio’s? The Battery has been an incredible success that other MLB teams are trying to copy it. I love downtowns and urban development. If it doesn’t happen around the ballpark what do you do? The food INSIDE the stadium is MUCH better at MMP than Truist. No contest on that one.

Atlanta, beneficiaries of a decade of ridiculously biased home plate umpiring, will never be America's team to anyone who remembers those years. More than anyone else, the Braves are responsible for grading umpires and all these new angles of the strike zone. Smoltz, Maddux and most egregiously Glavine were routinely given four inches off the plate. 

I gave your mom four inches.
  • Haha 3

The ballpark is in Cobb County to the northwest of downtown. They bucked the trend in moving from the Ted near downtown to a more suburban location. The Ted sucked- nothing to do around it. Complete 180 with their new park.  Truist Park is in the middle of a new development called the Battery. Very well done. They have lots of bars and restaurants next to the stadium plus apartments, offices and shops. Hope the Astros buy up the land around MMP and do what the Braves have done because they have created a great entertainment district to enjoy a game and do something before or after.
Superica has excellent Tex-Mex by chef Ford Fry who is from Htown. Antico great Neapolitan pies and El Super Pan Cuban sandwiches are also good options. For bars there is one of those Live at the Battery bars like the one the Rangers just built in Arlington. CRÚ Food & Wine Bar, Garden & Gun Club and Terrapin Taproom are solid pre/post game spots. Terrapin also serves Fox Bros BBQ which is best Texas style BBQ available in Atlanta. I would get a hotel in Midtown- something like the Loews and rent a car.

Not much to add to this except that it’s gonna be packed. Parking is bad for a regular season game and the rideshare situation isn’t much better. Bring your patience and plan to get there early. It’s a great place to hang so you won’t be bored.

46 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

What is their to do pregame or post next to MMP after Homeplate Bar & Grill closed? Biggio’s? The Battery has been an incredible success that other MLB teams are trying to copy it. I love downtowns and urban development. If it doesn’t happen around the ballpark what do you do? The food INSIDE the stadium is MUCH better at MMP than Truist. No contest on that one.

I was chuckling at your idea for the Astros to buy up the land around MMP for the purpose of providing dining and entertainment options to their patrons. Buying land in downtown Houston is a different story than developing a blank-slate,  60 acre site in suburban Atlanta. The Astros could have that if they had decided to build the Stadium in the Woodlands or in Sugarland. While I agree better options are needed, it will have to be done piecemeal by the private sector. 

Edited by TonyTexas

2 hours ago, Satoshi said:

I’ve never stepped in Atlanta outside of the airport but already bought flight to go to game 4. What part of town is the ballpark in? What is the best part of town to stay in for going out afterward? Thanks. 

I moved to Cobb County from Texas in 1984 and lived there until a month ago. The county has a population of close to 800,000, so it's not exactly Bugtussle. But admittedly not an "urban" setting by MLB standards. 

You're just off I-285 (aka "the perimeter") at the park. If I were visiting for a game, I'd probably stay at a hotel somewhere off 285, I-20 (west side, not east) or I-75 (maybe as far north as Kennesaw). But you'll want to be around the ballpark or closer to Atlanta itself (try Buckhead or Midtown) for entertainment. Cobb has no great reputation among gastronomes. 

Edited by Gut Wagon

No great tex mex is done by a chef.

Fight me.

I get it. Call it what you want, the food is good.

There’s also an H&F Burger outpost at the Battery, and that burger is one of the best in the country but only if you get it at the original restaurant in Buckhead (Holeman & Finch). They mass produce them at the Battery location and they are tasty but not in the same realm as the original.

The Houston Astros organization is moving forward with plans for a piece of downtown property it purchased in 2019.

That means a historic house and locomotive must be relocated off of the 1.738-acre property adjacent to Minute Maid Park, the Houston Chronicle reports. A small retail center that housed HTX Fan Tavern and Home Plate Bar & Grill also has been dismantled.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2021/02/11/astros-downtown-mixed-use-project-house-moving.html

10 minutes ago, VivaNaranja said:

I liked Home Plate. Great location for meeting up with friends before games. 

Biggio’s is fine, but it’s a sports bar in a nice hotel. Kind of a sterile environment for really big games.

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Atlanta is no better than the White Sox, who probably have a better staff than Atlanta does, and a much better offense. Astros dispatched the White Sox easily.

Atlanta is like 30 games above .500 since the ASB. record-wise they've been the best team in baseball for months.