Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

A string of posts from Suchomel 

"Checking on this. No reason to think it's not true since he was supposed to visit before he decides, but LJ's plans have been tough to pin down, and they seem to change by the minute."

"FYI, put an LJ note in the weekly recruiting thread. Hearing positive things again today."

"Another update, a source close to LJ indicated they're not visiting today but have already visited. Maybe it happened earlier in the weekend. Not positive."

"Another source said he's not visiting to that person's knowledge."

• Hook 'Em 1

TFB on Uke

Spoiler

As you know, Texas is still gunning for 2021 OL, Austin Uke (Parish Episcopal). Uke is perhaps the most athletic 2021 offensive lineman in Texas. If not, he’s certainly one of them.

CJ went by to see Uke about a week and a half ago. At the time, the coach told CJ that things with Uke seem to change day to day.

It’s my understanding that CJ felt at the time Stanford, Texas and OU were solidly in the mix with Stanford perhaps out in front and Texas a little bit behind Stanford but clearly ahead of OU.

Sources are now indicating that USC has emerged as a school to watch. In fact, one source said it may be Texas vs. USC.

CJ is working on getting back out there. So, hopefully we can get a direct update. But I will say that it’s notable to me that the one consistent, it seems, has been Texas.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dijon Robinson said:

Here's hoping Miller and Blue would still be ok with being part of a 2 RB class in 2022 if Robinson, Johnson et al are also on campus

This is where Sark's experience with Bama will pay dividends.  He will point to their depth at RB  the last 5 years and show how 4-5 star depth is the long game and in the end, is the best way to develop.  Star depth, game plan, injuries, situational sub patters, development etc..we now have someone with a core competency to exploit the roster to benefit of the team and the individual.  Take QB for example, they had Tua, Hurts and Mac all on the roster at the same time.  GA couldn't manage it, Sark and Saban did.  I think Sark knows how to position us for the future.

Edited by jdhorn92

25 minutes ago, Machinator said:

TFB on Uke

Hide contents

As you know, Texas is still gunning for 2021 OL, Austin Uke (Parish Episcopal). Uke is perhaps the most athletic 2021 offensive lineman in Texas. If not, he’s certainly one of them.

CJ went by to see Uke about a week and a half ago. At the time, the coach told CJ that things with Uke seem to change day to day.

It’s my understanding that CJ felt at the time Stanford, Texas and OU were solidly in the mix with Stanford perhaps out in front and Texas a little bit behind Stanford but clearly ahead of OU.

Sources are now indicating that USC has emerged as a school to watch. In fact, one source said it may be Texas vs. USC.

CJ is working on getting back out there. So, hopefully we can get a direct update. But I will say that it’s notable to me that the one consistent, it seems, has been Texas.

Anyone know if he was close with Carrington? Seems like an odd new direction, but I haven't followed very closely.

Just now, Spider2YBanana said:

You're an idiot. I love my university more than anything, but fuck turning down MIT. I bleed orange and there aren't many schools I would trade for UT, but you can bet your ass MIT would be one of them. 

I’d rather do just about anything than go to school at MIT. That seems and feels like a beat down if you don’t like the Maths. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Counterpoint,

the difference in quantity and quality of poon that’s going to throw itself at him the next 4 years at UT v Yale is so vast that all your points mean nothing to a red blooded 18 year old male. 

Ehhhh the talent at UT is spare. Definitely not Yale spare but definitely spare. It happens when you have high academic standards.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 23

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The only people who will be really hurt by Carrington’s departure are the $9.95ers without other sources. 

Regarding Ivy versus Texas, I actually did turn down playing football at Dartmouth via Pell Grants to quit football and go to UT on scholarships. It all worked out very well. The degree travels, too. Also, I’ve dealt with many Ivy people over the years and have found them collectively unimpressive, entitled, and bourgeois. There are of course exceptions.

The rest of the activity in this thread since Friday is hot, buttered trash. Just terrible, terrible posting going on up in here. This thread can very simply get fucked. 

Why do you say carrington’s departure won’t hurt? Multiple recruits over the past few years indicated he was a major reason they chose Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

Michael Taffe is a classic Westlake player. He’s undersized for D1 and needs to bulk up. He’s a terrific athlete and was voted the MVP Defensive player in the state championship game TWO years in a row! He picked off Ewers TWICE in the title game and one of those was that crazy one-handed catch that pretty much sealed the game. Playing for Todd Dodge, he’s become a very smart player ( Chaps play smarter than Horns #sorrynotsorry) and being that Dodge is way smarter than idiot Turtle Tom, he was also played WR and made some really key TD’s late in the season including a TD catch against North Shore and the long pass play catch that set up the winning TD. Dude could be a good contributor by his sophomore or junior year. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Why do you say carrington’s departure won’t hurt? Multiple recruits over the past few years indicated he was a major reason they chose Texas. 

There's other guys who do what he does. Obviously, there's a breaking-in period and that's going to have to get worked through, but he's not irreplaceable.

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Someone had a thread started on Texags about bad news/not looking good for LJ and it got deleted by Looch and co.

Gotta control the narrative

LHF posted some great screenshots on Twitter of aggy 247 posters threatening to kill one another in response to the news of LJ's visit

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

CTJ referenced that Carrington played a huge role for herman because there wasn’t a single alpha recruiter on the staff. On this staff however there are multiple recruiters who start/maintain/close their own recruits so carrington’s role would be limited here. He is a good dude but when your staff fucks like our’s does now, he is not somebody you overpay when usc wants him so bad. That’s how I understood it anyway. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Harris could do carrington’s job if we wanted to go that direction.  

He’s on track to be a D1 on field coach probably by next year. I think of his trajectory a little like Samples, although Samples has way more connections with his Dad and found a perfect landing spot in Dallas. Don’t think Harris would want to take a step back into an off field role like Carrington’s.

Edited by Hookem2147

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

He’s on track to be a D1 on field coach probably by next year. I think of his trajectory a little like Samples, although Samples has way more connections with his Dad and found a perfect landing spot in Dallas. Don’t think Harris would want to take a step back into an off field role like Carrington’s.

This. Harris has an actual football background.

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

CTJ referenced that Carrington played a huge role for herman because there wasn’t a single alpha recruiter on the staff. On this staff however there are multiple recruiters who start/maintain/close their own recruits so carrington’s role would be limited here. He is a good dude but when your staff fucks like our’s does now, he is not somebody you overpay when usc wants him so bad. That’s how I understood it anyway. 

Exactly. Our recruiting floor has been raised to the point that Carrington is no longer the best recruiter on campus. As it should be. He’d be an asset but not a need like the past couple years.

• Hook 'Em 2

58 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

can we actually sign some recruits before we suck our own dicks?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2