Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

18 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

This is what slays me.  They would have wiped the bdf in '12.  With jizzjar and Sherm's nfl o-line, they could have walked away with DKR scoreboard AND a league title.

That really isn’t true.  Their defense was terrible against spread passing attacks.  They faced two in 2012.  Louisiana Tech.   Who wasn’t good and they almost lost.  And the average Ole Miss team we beat by 30 on the road.  They had a lucky fumble recovery late or they lose that one too.  Point being they would have lost multiple games in the Big 12.  Because they couldn’t stop the spread.  

• Like 3

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

19 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

This is what slays me.  They would have wiped the bdf in '12.  With jizzjar and Sherm's nfl o-line, they could have walked away with DKR scoreboard AND a league title.

Their success was based on only 8 conference games and playing teams not built for seeing spread HUNH week in and week out. They'd of had a two more losses, at least, in the Big 12.

• Like 3

One of my favorite storylines from their 2012 season is Sumlin kicking off his tenure the SECSECSEC way by saying he was suspending 2 players for the first game of the season, which was @ Louisiana Tech.

Then a hurricane postpones that game until later in the season, so their now their first game was v Florida. aggy media got to seeing that those 2 players were available to play, so one of them actually had the cojones to ask why they weren't suspended, and Rumlin's response was something along the lines of "I didn't suspend them for the first game, I suspended them for the La Tech game." 

Was a real canary in the mine shaft of the accountability Summy would hold his players to during his tenure. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sdm said:

Here's hoping the kid grows up , gets accepted to Texas and becomes the biggest disappointment of his parent's lives.

I was going to say something along this and it happens everytime I see a kid under the age of 18 in a similar set up. 

I think you already know my back story on this so I won't speak on it. But it does happen, people. 

Fuck ou and aggy. 

Ok Cool

Hook'em 🤘

Edited by BigHorn'13
Dammit idk because I touch myself
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

One of my favorite storylines from their 2012 season is Sumlin kicking off his tenure the SECSECSEC way by saying he was suspending 2 players for the first game of the season, which was @ Louisiana Tech.

Then a hurricane postpones that game until later in the season, so their now their first game was v Florida. aggy media got to seeing that those 2 players were available to play, so one of them actually had the cojones to ask why they weren't suspended, and Rumlin's response was something along the lines of "I didn't suspend them for the first game, I suspended them for the La Tech game." 

Was a real canary in the mine shaft of the accountability Summy would hold his players to during his tenure. 

That episode gave me more than a few chuckles.

22 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

They (A&M) would have wiped the bdf in '12.  With jizzjar and Sherm's nfl o-line, they could have walked away with DKR scoreboard AND a league title.

4 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

...they would have lost multiple games in the Big 12.  

Maybe so, but that’s not a given. It’s entirely possible to win the Big 12 with a combination of a great offense and a bad/terrible defense; after all, Baylor was co-champions in 2014 with a defense nationally ranked at 51st and OU won the conference in 2017 and 2018 despite a defense ranking of 67th and 114th, respectively.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Maybe so, but that’s not a given. It’s entirely possible to win the Big 12 with a combination of a great offense and a bad/terrible defense; after all, Baylor was co-champions in 2014 with a defense nationally ranked at 51st and OU won the conference in 2017 and 2018 despite a defense ranking of 67th and 114th, respectively.

Whatever aggy boy.

ca292c4691b2cd35ed2c02c21dc5d60a.gif

58b84be55dcf950c7558b4fcf57029f9.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cacti said:

*Checks thread title*

Nope, that's a given. 

17 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

This right here but I'll also add that I would've bet anything that aggy would've got whooped (pun intended) in '12.

FWIW That fall semester I had classes with guys like Jeffcoat, Okafor, Diggs, Vaccaro and others. I wasn't friends or anything. Just talked occasionally because I always sat next to them and tried to listen in on the good stuff. I remember in one class Okafor turned around and asked me what a fairly basic word (I think introvert) meant that one would assume an upperclassman would know. Thought that was kinda funny but didn't judge because he's in there doing the same thing I was-- learning, and because he is a really chill, non egotistical person. Actually got another (slightly more funny) story about him and his late 90's green galant getting ticketed right in front of me in downtown shortly after that "pizza stand altercation" he was a party to. 

ANYWAYS... Those guys I mentioned were talking shit about johnny and aggy the whole season. Constantly saying how much they wished they got to play him the year before/ in a bowl that year because they wanted to fuck him up and put him into rehab and early retirement (okay maybe I'm adding in a little but you get the idea.) So no, aggy wouldn't have won shit and their hero definitely wouldn't have been a Heisman had they stayed in the bdf, @Hagbard Celine. /csb 

Tldr aggy didn't/ wouldn't win shit and had they played us, Kerrville's finest would've looked worse than an orgy full of 80 year olds.

Next time tell the last part first.

1 hour ago, OrangEngr said:

Yes, that is quite pathetic. Aggies what?

Not to mention the fact that Adam Amin wasn’t the color commentator.

Tim Morey probably meant to call Amin a “colored commentator.” That’s the aggy way. Tim is probably a member of the Kow and Kream Klub’s Texas A&M chapter. 

16 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

So, how much did aggy pay that clown to write that garbage?

obviously bout tree fiddy...

this blurb from Perroni from another article at that link written 2/14 probably will be 'adjusted' after some new shit has come to light

11. Port Neches-Groves OT Jaylen Garth – Garth is another player that I am higher on than a lot of other people. In my opinion, there are two clear-cut top offensive tackles in the state and his frame and athleticism are ideal for a left tackle.

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, texaslong said:

Aggys are gonna have a National championship type season....as long as all the freshman that came in play like first team All-Americans. Fan fiction.

Aggys a 2019 playoff team

Citing Bleacher Report is kind of like putting: 1The Internet, Bob From. “Aggy Is Gun Do More Gudder.” Somewhere on the Web. in your doctoral dissertation.

4 hours ago, texaslong said:

Aggys are gonna have a National championship type season....as long as all the freshman that came in play like first team All-Americans. Fan fiction.

Aggys a 2019 playoff team

Go back to the source material at Bleacher Report.  You'll find aggy at the bottom of that list of 10.  Oddly the aggy site completely failed to mention who was sitting directly above them since it would have been a buzz kill for their jizz jar filling session.

hi-res-0d9df72a56183089bfc9b77aa8160b9a_

Edited by sushihorn

1 hour ago, sushihorn said:

Go back to the source material at Bleacher Report.  You'll find aggy at the bottom of that list of 10.  Oddly the aggy site completely failed to mention who was sitting directly above them since it would have been a buzz kill for their jizz jar filling session.

hi-res-0d9df72a56183089bfc9b77aa8160b9a_

Also in the very first sentence of the A&M section aggy was referred to as "that other Texas team."

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:

The guy that rolled that 707.

A BADASS.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alvin_M._Johnston

Yep. Badass.  Those rolls are legendary here in Seattle because he not only did it, he did it in front of 100,000+ people (including my dad) at the Gold Cup hydroplane races. Which were a thing. Back in the day.

Nice clip, Phlegm. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Handcruser said:

I love how the article talked about all the freshmen aggy will need to get to the natty and then talks about they will beat LSU because LSU will need a bunch of freshmen to contribute next year lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah. The funniest part was the defense is obviously going to be much better this year with all the highly rated freshman. If your depending on freshman to come in and play right away, you’ve got major problems.

Yep. Badass.  Those rolls are legendary here in Seattle because he not only did it, he did it in front of 100,000+ people (including my dad) at the Gold Cup hydroplane races. Which were a thing. Back in the day.
Nice clip, Phlegm. 
And when he got called into the office and his boss asked him what he was doing he replied, "Selling airplanes".

hi-res-0d9df72a56183089bfc9b77aa8160b9a_crop_exact.jpg?h=533&w=800&q=70&crop_x=center&crop_y=top

Nah man, you need to scroll through ALL 3 of the comments, they picked up on it lickety split.