• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

19 hours ago, Modessit said:

According to online sources, the Aggies' official colors are white and crimson. Which should be ousux's colors, but this was definitely maroon.

Total pet peeve of mine.

True "maroon" is a shade of purple.

True "crimson" is a shade of red. 

Big clothing manufacturers have kind of a one size fits all dark purplish red color that is closer to maroon but tries to be all things for all schools that aren't scarlet red or grape purple.

The schools that use crimson tend to get their game uniforms the right shade but the mass marketed gear is usually that maroonish color and sometimes even the practice gear sent over by the merchandisers is that color as well.

ff_1630958_full.jpg&w=340Law_School-Crimson-W_copy_480x480.jpg?v=

51 minutes ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Total pet peeve of mine.

True "maroon" is a shade of purple.

True "crimson" is a shade of red. 

Big clothing manufacturers have kind of a one size fits all dark purplish red color that is closer to maroon but tries to be all things for all schools that aren't scarlet red or grape purple.

The schools that use crimson tend to get their game uniforms the right shade but the mass marketed gear is usually that maroonish color and sometimes even the practice gear sent over by the merchandisers is that color as well.

ff_1630958_full.jpg&w=340Law_School-Crimson-W_copy_480x480.jpg?v=

Well, look at the big humblebraggin' brain on Brad!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Modessit said:

One of my kids' daycare teachers is from New Mexico and today had on a maroon sweatshirt that said "Aggies" across the front. I told her, "I hope that's for New Mexico St." She quickly showed me the patch identifying it as official NMSU gear. I told her I wasn't aware that NMSU used the same colors as aggy and she said yes they do.

According to online sources, the Aggies' official colors are white and crimson. Which should be ousux's colors, but this was definitely maroon.

It's not supposed to be the same color (NMSU, aggy), maybe they don't police their licensing like they should but the shit I see in So. NM is not the same... That said this board has issues w/ our various shades of burnt orange...

I have ancestors than donated acreage for the campus so close to home and shit.

46 minutes ago, Jester’s Inn said:

Need a little help remembering (too many shots of tequila!).  Didn’t the secsecsec offer an invitation to Texas in the mid 90’s?  And didn’t Texas offer a portion/share of an initial startup of TV rights to aggy prior  to the LHN?  

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6918208/texas-aggies-had-chance-partner-longhorn-network-deloss-dodds-says

Texas A&M could have been a partner with Texas in a lucrative television network but wasn't interested in joining the Longhorns when the idea was hatched, Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds said Thursday.

Dodds told The Associated Press he first met with Texas A&M athletic director Bill Byrne about the idea of an Aggies-Longhorns network about four years ago but Byrne didn't seem interested. At the time, the Longhorns weren't sure they could carry a network on their own.

Byrne tried to re-open discussions about a year ago, but by then it was too late, Dodds said.

Texas had decided it had the national brand, stature and skill to forge ahead alone.

"I said we were too far down the road," Dodds said. "We had figured out how to do it by ourselves."

The Longhorns signed a 20-year, $300 million deal with ESPN in January to create the Longhorn Network that launched last week. Byrne has said the Longhorn Network created uncertainty in the Big 12 and cited it in his Wednesday blog as a big reason why the Aggies will leave the Big 12 by July, presumably to join the Southeastern Conference.

Byrne wrote that he liked the original joint network idea but assured Texas A&M fans he did not pass up a $150 million deal for his school.

"Our fans should know me better than that," Byrne wrote. "That never happened."

Byrne's blog posting did not say why the partnership never materialized. He did not return a message left seeking comment on Thursday.

Dodds acknowledged that no one anticipated the size of the contract the Longhorn Network would get when he first approached Byrne with the idea.

Dodds said Texas has been unfairly cast as greedy for pursuing a network that has been blamed for shaking up the Big 12, which lost Nebraska and Colorado in July. A&M's departure has heightened speculation that the entire league could crumble if the Big 12 can't replace them with at least one attractive program.

"It's not about what we did," Dodds said. "It's about what they didn't do -- create their own network."

Texas' pursuit of its own network was widely known in 2010 when Nebraska and Colorado decided to leave and the remaining 10 teams all committed to keeping the conference together.

"Nobody seemed concerned with it until it was done," Dodds said. "I find it interesting that it's a problem today ... If somebody is surprised by this deal, they haven't been paying attention."

Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne took a swipe at the Big 12 during a booster appearance in Lincoln, Neb., on Thursday. He said the Big 12's revenue-sharing plan lends itself to instability.

"When there are inequities, eventually something is going to give somewhere," Osborne said. "It doesn't mean it will happen, but it makes it more difficult."

Each Big Ten school received $22.6 million this year -- about twice as much as Nebraska could have expected if it had stayed in the Big 12.

Texas first pursued the network to create exposure for sports that seldom get on television, Dodds said. Longhorns officials eventually figured out it could be a very lucrative venture much quicker than they imagined.

When ESPN offered $300 million, "I don't think anybody in the country would have turned it down," Dodds said.

Dodds refused to speculate on the future of the Big 12, whether it will break up and where Texas and the other members of the league would go if it does. He also would not say if Texas would consider going independent and restated his preference that the Big 12, an automatic qualifying league in the BCS, survive.

"We have worked our fannies off to build a good conference," he said. "I think we've been strong for the Big 12. I think it's better because we're in it."

But Dodds also added, "you don't close options."

Dodds would not comment on speculation on which teams that may be invited to join, such as BYU or Pittsburgh.

He said academics would be given strong consideration. Pittsburgh is a member of prestigious American Association of Universities, a group of the country's top research schools.

"It's way too early to be talking about schools," Dodds said.

He acknowledged that other members in the Big 12 are nervous about their future.

"Everybody's nervous, for good reason," Dodds said. "But there are no quick decisions."

sounds like typical aggy bullshit denial to me...

say what you want about Dodds but he could zing the hell out of those dipshits

• Like 2

osborne comes off as a real hypocritical cock gobbler in that as well considering his boss pearlman stated clearly that Nebraska was in favor of unequal revenue sharing and that Nebraska was in favor of independent networks for each team and that Nebraska was further along than Texas in developing their own network

but of course anyone that has been paying attention knows that osborne is a total piece of shit and the original caterer to piece of shit players and assholes infesting his program  

On 2/19/2019 at 7:29 AM, SwanderedTalent said:

It is necessary. It is not solely sufficient. It can make up for a lot of other shortcomings.

I would argue that willingness to cheat and lack of respect for academics can be factors in success, but I would characterize neither as necessary and neither as sufficient. Some coaches are very good at football and are able to achieve what others could not in similar circumstances. I would put Saban at the top of the list. I would also include Purple Wiz, Mike Leach, Urbs, Dabo, and Mr Tom “S&P+ doesn’t know why I win” Herman. Some of those color further outside the lines than others in different respects, but they are certainly not all dirty. I think Texas has a legitimate shot be to one of the teams mentioned on the short list of super heavyweights soon without our going dirty.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Random drug addict homeless dude from Kenya has an Aggy jacket.

"A tale in pictures of a Kenyan woman who found her childhood friend on the streets suffering from drug addiction and took him to rehab"

27654551_1805334256178613_85903034954727

27336357_1805334259511946_53077356195702

27336991_1805334329511939_36874666087845

You hate to see a guy who is obviously so down on his luck face such a crippling further setback.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Magus Ossis said:

I would argue that willingness to cheat and lack of respect for academics can be factors in success, but I would characterize neither as necessary and neither as sufficient. Some coaches are very good at football and are able to achieve what others could not in similar circumstances. I would put Saban at the top of the list. I would also include Purple Wiz, Mike Leach, Urbs, Dabo, and Mr Tom “S&P+ doesn’t know why I win” Herman. Some of those color further outside the lines than others in different respects, but they are certainly not all dirty. I think Texas has a legitimate shot be to one of the teams mentioned on the short list of super heavyweights soon without our going dirty.

OK. Disagree with everything you wrote. Literally everything. Unless you think we were a "super heavyweight" under Mack Brown, but our trophy case says otherwise. 

Your list of coaches is baffling. Bill Snyder and Mike Leach have nothing in common with Meyer, Swinney, or Saban. That's why my list was Bama, Clemson, OU, and Ohio State and not Bama, Clemson, OU, and Washington State. Snyder won what, one conference title? Leach has never won even one. Meyer, Swinney, and Saban are the three biggest winners of the past 25 years. Stoops was too lazy to keep up but was barely a half-step behind them.

It's different at those four programs. I think that A&M shares a similar mindset of "I don't care what it takes, we have to win", and that is the only thing about them that concerns me. Anything else is stray threads being pulled. I didn't really write the post thinking we'd explore what makes Clemson Clemson or that sort of thing-- I think you're off in the weeds breaking the premise down on an incorrect basis.

Edited by SwanderedTalent

17 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

OK. Disagree with everything you wrote. Literally everything. Unless you think we were a "super heavyweight" under Mack Brown, but our trophy case says otherwise. 

Your list of coaches is baffling. Bill Snyder and Mike Leach have nothing in common with Meyer, Swinney, or Saban. That's why my list was Bama, Clemson, OU, and Ohio State and not Bama, Clemson, OU, and Washington State. Snyder won what, one conference title? Leach has never won even one. Meyer, Swinney, and Saban are the three biggest winners of the past 25 years. Stoops was too lazy to keep up but was barely a half-step behind them.

It's different at those four programs. I think that A&M shares a similar mindset of "I don't care what it takes, we have to win", and that is the only thing about them that concerns me. Anything else is stray threads being pulled. I didn't really write the post thinking we'd explore what makes Clemson Clemson or that sort of thing-- I think you're off in the weeds breaking the premise down on an incorrect basis.

aggy is basically Miss State.  Less accomplishment but more money.  They might aspire to be LSU and win their division once a decade after Saban is gone.  All of those teams cheat their ass off and have little to show for it - just like aggy.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I was arguing about success relative to resources. Leach has more success relative to what one would expect based on WSU resources. Ditto Snyder at KSU. Saban won at LSU and Bama but not at MSU. Even Mack won once with the resources available by virtue of being at Texas. Ole Miss, aggy, and a number of other programs are happy to do whatever they can to win. Those schools haven’t. Cheating isn’t going to win a title at Rutgers, and not cheating didn’t stop Texas in 05. I never said we were a superheavyweight under Mack. I said we could be under Herman. If you disagree that Snyder, e.g., made a game-changing difference in the level of success at his school, I don’t know that any argument I could offer will change your mind. My fundamental point is that lack of a conscience may play (especially in the short term) in on-field success, but it is neither necessary nor sufficient to win. I offered two alternate factors, namely school resources and HFC.

In an interview with SiriusXM radio, Kill laid into Fleck like you rarely see one member of the coaching profession speak — on the record, at least — of another.

“When he went into Minnesota and treated people the way he treated my guys and telling them he had to completely change the culture — it was a bad culture, bad people — he made it sound like we didn’t know what we were doing, and I took it personal,” Kill said. “You just don’t treat people that have been with you and helped your career, and you don’t even talk to them once you get the job.”

Kill was then asked if he’s spoken with Fleck since Fleck arrived in Minneapolis. “Oh yeah,” he said, “and it wasn’t good.”

You can listen to the full clip below, including a broadside at Texas A&M head coach Jimbo Fisher.

well SIU is off the aggy schedule

Kill then went on to compare Fleck to Texas A&M coach Jimbo Fisher, who previously coached at Florida State.

"It's kind of like when Jimbo Fisher left Florida State and went to A&M, and Rick Trickett, who'd been with him for years and years and years, he never even gave him a call," Kill said. "He just takes off and goes to A&M, doesn't call. Those kinds of things disappoint me in people."

Trickett served as Fisher's assistant head coach at Florida State from 2010-2017 but did not get a job on Fisher's staff in College Station. Trickett has also coached at LSU, Auburn, Mississippi State, and West Virgina

9 minutes ago, texaslong said:

Pussies!

FormerVancouverAg said:
I especially liked "can die in their pathetic conference and irrelevant schedule."

We finally have them in a position to become irrelevant and put serious distance between the two programs. And the best part is that WE CONTROL IT.

Yet we still have Aggies that want to throw them a lifeline.

seems someone forgot to look at the final 2018 rankings and the 2019 recruiting.....their best chance for serious distance slipped by them once again like always

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:
FormerVancouverAg said:
I especially liked "can die in their pathetic conference and irrelevant schedule."

We finally have them in a position to become irrelevant and put serious distance between the two programs. And the best part is that WE CONTROL IT.

seems someone forgot to look at the final 2018 rankings and the 2019 recruiting.....their best chance for serious distance slipped by them once again like always

I get the feeling that most of thier conference mates are already tired of thier shit. They have always been all talk with no action. 

32 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:
FormerVancouverAg said:

haha a "lifeline." UT is in desperate need of the aggy lifeline. they want to believe that so badly. 

55 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

This perfectly encapsulates why they are in the SEC, and why they don't want to play us. Rather than dealing with the wet blanket of losing to us every year, tomorrow is now always a brighter day in Aggieland. They don't have to look up at us in the conference standings. The comparisons are mostly subjective, so they can flatter themselves without any hard data to refute.

That's why we'll never play them in the regular season in football again. Their short-dicked BMDs are not going to subject their bragging rights to objective outcomes. Every Aggie knows they had a better season than t.u. last year and their future is brighter. CASE CLOSED, WHY PLAY THE GAME?

• Like 1

I get the feeling that most of thier conference mates are already tired of thier shit. They have always been all talk with no action. 
aggy never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity.
This perfectly encapsulates why they are in the SEC, and why they don't want to play us. Rather than dealing with the wet blanket of losing to us every year, tomorrow is now always a brighter day in Aggieland. They don't have to look up at us in the conference standings. The comparisons are mostly subjective, so they can flatter themselves without any hard data to refute.
That's why we'll never play them in the regular season in football again. Their short-dicked BMDs are not going to subject their bragging rights to objective outcomes. Every Aggie knows they had a better season than t.u. last year and their future is brighter. CASE CLOSED, WHY PLAY THE GAME?
No, shitbag, aggy is in the sec sec sec because of a Rice plot carried out by this man with TWO Rice degrees to avenge the Siege of South Main carried out against The Showband of South Main.

aeed9731b702d5afc31a139034e37bba.gif

f7bedd7e7642554d88bc04e072a99361.jpg

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

FUCK THEM! Run far away. Never play them. Never acknowledge them.

Our University is and has been far superior to their shithole since its founding. Let them continue floundering in academic insignificance and athletic impotence.

But...but...we need them. They are our lifeline.

14 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

lulz1.png

However, it appears the student vote isn't going well today.

I know my first thought after winning the Sugar Bowl was, shit! This program just seems so irrelevant! If only my team could’ve beaten a middling ACC squad in a Florida bowl on New Year’s Eve when no one with a life was watching.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I know my first thought after winning the Sugar Bowl was, shit! This program just seems so irrelevant! If only my team could’ve beaten a middling ACC squad in a Florida bowl on New Year’s Eve when no one with a life was watching.

I have you know that NC State is now basically a SEC East team after being uplifted by association with the awesomeness of SEC SEC SEC.

The Sugar Bowl did not do that for us since it was against a SEC East team that was unmotivated to play. They just didn't care. They only get up for Austin Peay and Middle Tennessee State and UMASS. Yes I also did not know UMASS had a football team.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Haha 1

I don't think Comrade Sharp also understand the concept of dilution. Just the basic fact of admitting more students is going to inherently dilute the propaganda's impact, so it is not like it is producing 17K more batshit crazy aggys every year to storm Austin. Second, numbnuts is given the entire student body a miserable experience for four years, so that will further dilute the cult impact likely below where it would have been with the original body count. #aggymath

I don't think Comrade Sharp also understand the concept of dilution. Just the basic fact of admitting more students is going to inherently dilute the propaganda's impact, so it is not like it is producing 17K more batshit crazy aggys every year to storm Austin. Second, numbnuts is given the entire student body a miserable experience for four years, so that will further dilute the cult impact likely below where it would have been with the original body count. #aggymath
There was a case study 80-85 years ago that says otherwise.

The student body wants the game because of a few things.

1. The only thing they remember about aggies in their short lives is watching JFF win the Heisman and beat Bama that one time, and SEC!.

2. A current college freshman was 10 years old the last time the aggies played Texas. For the most part, most current aggie students have no history with the series and never saw a game.

3. They have been indoctrinated in fishcamp and by all of the other aggies in their lives to think that the aggies have dominated Texas forever and the people that tell them that revel in how great it always used to be. Those students have no clue that it is all fabricated, so they want to play the sips again to see how fun it used to be. And how are you supposed to be taught that your main focus in life is to hate the sips if you never even get to play them?

Edited by Orange&White

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

But...but...we need them. They are our lifeline.

aggy mentally justifies yearly superiority,  so that they figure they are better...on paper...and thus, would have won a confrontation if we would have played each other.  They didn't lose to us...so, in their minds, they won.  It's like teasing a tiger behind a glass wall.  You can poke'm and jeer at'm, but you don't actually meet, face to face.  Then they just crawl away to pronounce how they'd won.  If they don't have to play us, then that's a win.  Pitiful, just pitiful.