• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 4/7/2019 at 5:16 PM, Cairn Horn88 said:

Baseball, that is, from secrant:

I noticed from the press releases from both 12thman.com and the Longhorn website that there is a discrepancy in the all-time head-to-head record. Texas listed it as 244-126-1 and A&M had it at 239-126-1. I compared the media guides for the both the Aggies and Longhorns and found that Texas has the following additional wins listed:

April 24, 1903 - Texas 6, A&M 2 in College Station
April 25, 1903 - Texas 7, A&M 1 in College Station
May 11, 1907 - Texas 7, A&M 3 at Austin
May 11, 1907 - Texas 2, A&M 1 at Austin
May 15, 1948 - Texas 3, A&M 2 at Austin 

I did some digging and found the following:

1903 - A&M does not list the Aggies as fielding a team in 1903. The original team played in 1894, and then according to the media guide, the Aggies did not have a team until 1904. According to the 1903 Longhorn (http://bookreader.library.tamu.edu/book.php?id=yb1903&getbook=Go#page/n119/mode/2up), there was a team (official or club team I do not know) in 1903, and they were scheduled to play Texas in College Station on April 24th and 25th. I think the 1902 heading where the schedule is listed in the yearbook is a typo. I was not able to find a box score; The Daily Texan archives requires a $20 subscription to view, and the Cactus yearbook archives only go back to 1920.

1907 - These games did take place and unfortunately, the Aggies did lose both games. The Battalion includes write-ups and box scores for both in the May 15, 1907 issue.

1948 - This game did take place, and despite the efforts of Stan Hollmig the Aggies lost 3-2. The Battalion includes a write-up but not a box score in the May 17, 1948 issue.

If I was you, I'd stop digging and accept what the Horns say, little brother.

On 4/8/2019 at 11:36 AM, KYHorn said:

Well, the Bryan Morning Eagle of 4/26/1903 says the score was 8-1, so I say we go with that.

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn86088652/1903-04-26/ed-1/seq-3/

Just wanted to follow up with this because I was able to access the Daily Texan archives. The Daily Texan from April 30, 1903 confirms that Texas beat the aggys twice that year (we also lost to the School for the Deaf that year). Other highlights of the paper include: a lovely, though garrulous, piece on the travels of the Glee Club, there was an unfortunate small pox outbreak amongst the poor souls in Oxford that prevented Texas from playing Mississippi, and Baylor received some modern technology that's undoubtedly still in use.

Spoiler

If you want to just shut up any aggy is to just simply ask, “What male sport, not just the Big 3, has your aggy school ever won, during your lifetime”? Crickets/Silence while they think about it.

Edit: They were good for a year or so in golf and track. That’s all I can come up with.

It's college station.  Read the article, he was arrested for being black in public.  
racism alive and well in BCS, though I'm actually shocked they arrested him previously since the one thing aggy values over conformity is their shitty football program. 

Hard to know what was truly going on there but that summary does not red well for the restaurant and CSPD

23 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

One of my fantasies is to see a stegasaurus ply a set of red-haired pigtailed twins. Doesn't get any hotter. (with pink toe nails)

23 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Why does it matter what color the stegasaurus's toe nails are?

vmQDVyO__400x400.jpg

• Like 3

If you want to just shut up any aggy is to just simply ask, “What male sport, not just the Big 3, has your aggy school ever won, during your lifetime”? Crickets/Silence while they think about it.

Edit: They were good for a year or so in golf and track. That’s all I can come up with.
They were actually good at golf a few years back, maybe around 15 or so. It was a little surprising with their crappy facilities but I guess they caught lightening in a bottle.

if you want to drive an Aggie crazy this week, brag about how Tiger Woods' Masters win was partly due to his UT connections, then let them try to figure out what those connections are

you can do this practically any week with any news story. It doesn't even have to have a shred of truth to it. Aggies are abysmally uninformed and will automatically buy the idea that UT is behind SpaceX or 5G or whatever else because on hearing it, their reaction will always be "I must attack this news about this thing and the thing itself if t.u. is involved" rather than critically examining what they're being told

12 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

Yep.  They were the NC in outdoor track and field in 2009, 2010, 2011 and tied Florida in 2013.

6 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Yeah they were pretty salty in track for a minute. Who knew that Big 12 speed was faster than the sec speed?

Let’s be clear, if Texas won 4 national titles in a decade, in any sport, we’d brag about it whenever we felt like it. We do that with swimming and diving already. So I don’t think the taunt is as clean as yall would like. 

• Like 1

if you want to drive an Aggie crazy this week, brag about how Tiger Woods' Masters win was partly due to his UT connections, then let them try to figure out what those connections are you can do this practically any week with any news story. It doesn't even have to have a shred of truth to it. Aggies are abysmally uninformed and will automatically buy the idea that UT is behind SpaceX or 5G or whatever else because on hearing it, their reaction will always be "I must attack this news about this thing and the thing itself if t.u. is involved" rather than critically examining what they're being told

Why would I want to drive someone from UC Davis crazy? 

You seem stupid.

9dd9a9bc38af52dff3eaa23b425c19e0.jpg

fcb698602300cc15339a8471d5289847.jpgffd1cb94b2fd43fc0db9c389ebadcc7a.jpg5f2a32fe8cb8f73f6f06b8bae75e6941.jpg

Ps. Tiger does have a THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS connection.

Me.

We were neighbors. We both were customers of our neighborhood's Perkins and Gators. (Although we are not Perkins/Gators waitress eskimo brothers) Our wives both shopped at the Dr Phillips Fresh Market. I am an alumnus of THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS.

So aggy boy you stumbled on a truth. Whoop eh?

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Let’s be clear, if Texas won 4 national titles in a decade, in any sport, we’d brag about it whenever we felt like it. We do that with swimming and diving already. So I don’t think the taunt is as clean as yall would like. 

Ya misspelled "taint".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Problem I always had with that track coach is he's always importing foreign athletes. Take away schollies from US kids at the same time developing folks we'll compete against in the next olympics.