Jump to content
MrPhlegm

Tell Me About Texas a&m

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Oh, hell. This looks like fun. 

I find it comical that the rednecks bleat about the “importance of conservative values” on a site whose entire existence is owed to a left-wing, socialist government scheme to bailout failed businesses. 

Texags’ bailout was between $350k and $1mil. About 20 employees. 

Edited by Randolph Duke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

I don't know what point you're trying to make.  However, here is a true fact - no Texas team in the past ten years has exceeded the Big 12 winning percentage of that Case McCoy helmed, Mack Brown coached, Texas team.  Case McCoy was indeed the brightest spot of Texas football in the 2010s.    

Uh the Sugar Bowl and RRR champion 2018 Longhorns think you’re an idiot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yea, but they are ranked right now, so every sec team that beats them can claim and win over a tough nationally ranked sec foobaww team!!

That is definitely part of the Ponzi scheme of SEC ranking and scheduling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lhorn said:


That is definitely part of the Ponzi scheme of SEC ranking and scheduling.

Grumble grumble grumble.... Yep. There is fiduciary motive for certain parties for the scheme outside SEC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Oh, hell. This looks like fun. 

I find it comical that the rednecks bleat about the “importance of conservative values” on a site whose entire existence is owed to a left-wing, socialist government scheme to bailout failed businesses. 

Texags’ bailout was between $350k and $1mil. About 20 employees. 

That's a lot of bag money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's "dumbfuck aggy fake history" moment is about the Ross Volunteers, a small subgroup of the aggy fraternity that runs around in costumes on campus and insists they aren't just toy soldiers.

On their websites, aggys insist "In 1898, the unit was renamed in honor of Lawrence Sullivan Ross, former governor of the state of Texas and President of the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas." https://www.tamu.edu/traditions/the-corps/special-units/index.html

A snapshot from that school website is posted below.

As is a snapshot of page 65 of the 1895 aggy yearbook. Where it explains the "prestigious" group was named after Ross in 1891, at least seven years before it was supposedly named "Ross Volunteers"in 1898.  https://bookreader.library.tamu.edu/book.php?id=yb1895&getbook=Go#page/n69/mode/1up

Yet again, the aggys don't have a fucking clue about their traditions, their school history, or why they undertake some of the bizarre shit done by aggys.

All they knew is they were told to accept what we all know to be complete bullshit. Those dumb fuckers pledge lifelong allegiance to a set of farcical heroics someone just made up and then started spewing in "Fish Camp."

In 150 years, not a single aggy has ever cared enough to actually document the history of their school. Just lies, bullshit, and fairy tales. All wrapped up and sold under the guise of "educating" rednecks.

The school has over 500,000 students and alumni, and not one of them has been bright enough to figure out much of what they are being taught (both inside and outside the classroom) simply isn't true.

Yet they are given college diplomas to hang on their walls.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

[Note in the 1895 version, they refer to "the gallant negro killer" as "General Ross," not "Governor Ross," or "President Ross." The aggy administrators have dishonestly morphed what was a gesture of "high appreciation, regard, and respect" in 1891 to a farcical posthumous gesture "based upon his contributions to the school." It was clear then, as it is not to non-aggys, today that Ross' most salient contribution to the culture of Texas A&M was his lifelong commitment "to establish the supremacy of the white man." The truth is the "Ross Volunteers" were re-named after "General Ross" soon after Ross was elevated to school president (not upon his death) and was a reflection of "high appreciation, regard, and respect" based upon Ross' contributions toward establishing the supremacy of the white man and committing treason against the Unites States. The reason John Sharp and the TAMU administrators can't be honest about the school's true history is that the racist element of aggy culture runs too deep, as demonstrated (yet again) here.]

aggy ross vol combo.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can almost hear Foghorn Leghorn's voice waxing about the knightly gentleman, 

Sul Ross, ahhh noble and kind benafactah, has favud the Company greatly by takin' it to minny places of pleashuh and amuuuusemint. We ah blessed that Generah Ross suhvived the late unpleasantness of the Nahthin Ag-gression. We ah fahevah indebted to him fah all the nig...negroh killin' as well. Gawd bless Grand Dragon- I mean to say Guvnuh and Generah Ross!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

You can almost hear Foghorn Leghorn's voice waxing about the knightly gentleman, 

Sul Ross, ahhh noble and kind benafactah, has favud the Company greatly by takin' it to minny places of pleashuh and amuuuusemint. We ah blessed that Generah Ross suhvived the late unpleasantness of the Nahthin Ag-gression. We ah fahevah indebted to him fah all the nig...negroh killin' as well. Gawd bless Grand Dragon- I mean to say Guvnuh and Generah Ross!

The ags seem to have knowingly lied about the history of Sul Ross and the "Ross Volunteers" because to tell the truth would have been to expose the extent to which "the supremacy of the white man" defines the culture of Texas A&M and its alumni.

In reality, the group was named after "the gallant negro killer" in 1891, as "high appreciation, regard, and respect" of Ross' actions "establishing the supremacy of the white man." After Ross death (when the ags claim the group's name was changed to "Ross Volunteers") the name was changed from "Ross Volunteers" to bear the name of the then-sitting president of the school. The name would be changed to reflect the name of each school president until 1905, when it was changed to "Ross Volunteers" after not "the gallant negro killer," but his daughter Bessie, the same individual who wrote the biography of Sul Ross where it was explained for posterity that Sul Ross' prime motivation in life was to "establish the supremacy of the white man." "The Ross Volunteers, Again," Bryan Daily Eagle, 24 October 1905, page 2.

So, let's start a list of all the aggy fairy tales those dumbfucks think to be true :

Their status as a branch college of UT

Their establishment as a military college

Ross Volunteers

Bonfire

(not) naming Bevo

12th Man

National sports championship(s)

Theft of military property to commit mass murder against civilians (Waco 1926)

"Wealthiest public university in the universe"

fish camp lie.jpg

Edited by Randolph Duke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is hilarious:

"No more training inside the dorms of any kind, no more pushing, posting up in the hallway, corrections, or pre-formation activities such as a fallout hole. This does not create an environment of adversity and challenge for cadets which gives the freshman a false sense of what the corps really is, allowing those who would have otherwise left after they realized it was not for them to stay and believe this is how it will always be.

Physical training was restricted as well with the most notable and controversial change being that no one is allowed to run. Yes, you read that correctly, we as a military and leadership institution are not allowed to run. Almost no one received a reason and the only one most cadets heard was related to "shin splints". PT is now only allowed 3 times a week meaning Mondays and Fridays there is no more PT.

We are forced to attend formations with no real training involved pre-formation then we return to our dorms since now we are not required to attend Duncan dining hall for any meal, which honestly is better than the long lines and waiting time we had to go through to collect plates to take back to our dorms in the first couple of weeks of class, some of which included maggots in the food which cadets were told not to talk about.

The constant changes to training, regulations, and rules keep all the cadet leadership wondering what will be restricted next in a haze of last-minute changes. At this point, most cadets do not understand why we are even open since nothing related to developing our minds, bodies, and leadership is really allowed or efficient in any way.

Complete outfits have been sent home because of COVID cases and others have been left without most leadership present because of quarantine and COVID self-isolation. It has come to a point where some cadets are being disciplined for having to quarantine which is just outrageous."

https://texags.com/forums/63/topics/3137534/replies/57376559

Quote

Shut Down The Corps for the 2020 Fall Semester

FstGenMx199  AG
 
This message goes out to anyone and everyone who cares about the Corps in any way shape or form. It goes out to the thousands and thousands of cadets who have passed through the arches and hallways of this great institution of leaders, to those who are proud to call themselves an aggie, and to everyone that wants to continue seeing the Corps create the Leaders of Tomorrow.

Due to the global pandemic referred to as COVID-19, this year the Corps of Cadets stopped caring about its cadets and it's Corps Vision Statement, that "The Corps of Cadets develops well-educated leaders of character prepared for the global leadership challenges of the future".

The Corps was completely unprepared to handle the COVID-19 pandemic while cadets were forced to come back to campus or have their military contracts and scholarships taken away.

From the moment FOW started, cases had already been reported of cadets testing positive for COVID-19. Nonetheless, they disregarded this fact and continued. Once everyone came back, they realized it would not be as easy maintaining COVID regulations as they had thought. Changes to the corps system started rolling in continuously which completely changed our institution into nothing but a husk of what it used to be, sacrificing our values, health, development, and careers in order to stay open.

The changes included multiple restrictions that go against our vision statement stated above.
No more training inside the dorms of any kind, no more pushing, posting up in the hallway, corrections, or pre-formation activities such as a fallout hole. This does not create an environment of adversity and challenge for cadets which gives the freshman a false sense of what the corps really is, allowing those who would have otherwise left after they realized it was not for them to stay and believe this is how it will always be.

Physical training was restricted as well with the most notable and controversial change being that no one is allowed to run. Yes, you read that correctly, we as a military and leadership institution are not allowed to run. Almost no one received a reason and the only one most cadets heard was related to "shin splints". PT is now only allowed 3 times a week meaning Mondays and Fridays there is no more PT.

We are forced to attend formations with no real training involved pre-formation then we return to our dorms since now we are not required to attend Duncan dining hall for any meal, which honestly is better than the long lines and waiting time we had to go through to collect plates to take back to our dorms in the first couple of weeks of class, some of which included maggots in the food which cadets were told not to talk about.

The constant changes to training, regulations, and rules keep all the cadet leadership wondering what will be restricted next in a haze of last-minute changes. At this point, most cadets do not understand why we are even open since nothing related to developing our minds, bodies, and leadership is really allowed or efficient in any way.

Complete outfits have been sent home because of COVID cases and others have been left without most leadership present because of quarantine and COVID self-isolation. It has come to a point where some cadets are being disciplined for having to quarantine which is just outrageous.

This is not a semester where we can create leaders, but one where the whole corps culture can be changed and softened like never before seen to a point where many would just call us a frat in uniform with no real purpose or tradition.

One thing, however, has not changed, and from what has been said it is most likely the biggest reason we are still here. Football, we are not allowed to run or be in groups of more than 10 people, but the corps is still planning on having corps runs and march-ins for football games as well as having us go, as far as we have heard so far. We are required to go support players who do not even care about us such as Kellen Mond who called to defund the corps and called us racists, but we cannot even support ourselves and develop as leaders. While football is one of the greatest traditions of the Corps it shouldn't be the only reason we stay open, meanwhile all leadership, mental, and physical training is heavily restricted because of COVID regulations yet it magically will disappear for the football games.

We want to develop ourselves and our peers, but in this environment, all we are doing is dressing up in uniform and preparing for football games. If it is allowed to continue these changes will become normal to this new class of fish and by next year the corps as we know it will finally be completely dead turning into a normal organization like all others on campus and even the phrase "Old Army is dead" will turn into "Army is Dead".

A petition has been created to get the attention of the Commandant, the University, and all former cadets. I only hope to bring more attention to this so that we don't lose that which we love, and that is The Spirit of The Corps.

Change.org petition
https://www.change.org/p/greg-abbott-shut-down-the-corps-of-cadets?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_24699193_en-US%3A5&recruiter=1128606384&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=share_petition


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

you know what, shut it down for good, just to be safe

Just hilarious.

"This is not a semester where we can create leaders, but one where the whole corps culture can be changed and softened like never before seen to a point where many would just call us a frat in uniform with no real purpose or tradition."

"in this environment, all we are doing is dressing up in uniform and preparing for football games."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

You can almost hear Foghorn Leghorn's voice waxing about the knightly gentleman, 

Sul Ross, ahhh noble and kind benafactah, has favud the Company greatly by takin' it to minny places of pleashuh and amuuuusemint. We ah blessed that Generah Ross suhvived the late unpleasantness of the Nahthin Ag-gression. We ah fahevah indebted to him fah all the nig...negroh killin' as well. Gawd bless Grand Dragon- I mean to say Guvnuh and Generah Ross!

Well done! Using my foghorn leghorn voice you captured every syllable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

"the supremacy of the white man" defines the culture of Texas A&M and its alumni.

I can't think of anything more ironic than using Texas A&M as an example of the supremacy of the white man.

Then you lay down that article about the hallowed Corps being restrained this semester and the irony becomes keener still.

38XC.gif

spacer.png

 

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Today's "dumbfuck aggy fake history" moment is about the Ross Volunteers, a small subgroup of the aggy fraternity that runs around in costumes on campus and insists they aren't just toy soldiers.

On their websites, aggys insist "In 1898, the unit was renamed in honor of Lawrence Sullivan Ross, former governor of the state of Texas and President of the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas." https://www.tamu.edu/traditions/the-corps/special-units/index.html

A snapshot from that school website is posted below.

As is a snapshot of page 65 of the 1895 aggy yearbook. Where it explains the "prestigious" group was named after Ross in 1891, at least seven years before it was supposedly named "Ross Volunteers"in 1898.  https://bookreader.library.tamu.edu/book.php?id=yb1895&getbook=Go#page/n69/mode/1up

Yet again, the aggys don't have a fucking clue about their traditions, their school history, or why they undertake some of the bizarre shit done by aggys.

All they knew is they were told to accept what we all know to be complete bullshit. Those dumb fuckers pledge lifelong allegiance to a set of farcical heroics someone just made up and then started spewing in "Fish Camp."

In 150 years, not a single aggy has ever cared enough to actually document the history of their school. Just lies, bullshit, and fairy tales. All wrapped up and sold under the guise of "educating" rednecks.

The school has over 500,000 students and alumni, and not one of them has been bright enough to figure out much of what they are being taught (both inside and outside the classroom) simply isn't true.

Yet they are given college diplomas to hang on their walls.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

[Note in the 1895 version, they refer to "the gallant negro killer" as "General Ross," not "Governor Ross," or "President Ross." The aggy administrators have dishonestly morphed what was a gesture of "high appreciation, regard, and respect" in 1891 to a farcical posthumous gesture "based upon his contributions to the school." It was clear then, as it is not to non-aggys, today that Ross' most salient contribution to the culture of Texas A&M was his lifelong commitment "to establish the supremacy of the white man." The truth is the "Ross Volunteers" were re-named after "General Ross" soon after Ross was elevated to school president (not upon his death) and was a reflection of "high appreciation, regard, and respect" based upon Ross' contributions toward establishing the supremacy of the white man and committing treason against the Unites States. The reason John Sharp and the TAMU administrators can't be honest about the school's true history is that the racist element of aggy culture runs too deep, as demonstrated (yet again) here.]

aggy ross vol combo.jpeg

I've got to disagree on one point Rd. They know plenty about their so-called traditions, they just don't know about true history. As we all know their traditions are nothing but fish camp fairy tales.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

This is hilarious:

"No more training inside the dorms of any kind, no more pushing, posting up in the hallway, corrections, or pre-formation activities such as a fallout hole. This does not create an environment of adversity and challenge for cadets which gives the freshman a false sense of what the corps really is, allowing those who would have otherwise left after they realized it was not for them to stay and believe this is how it will always be.

Physical training was restricted as well with the most notable and controversial change being that no one is allowed to run. Yes, you read that correctly, we as a military and leadership institution are not allowed to run. Almost no one received a reason and the only one most cadets heard was related to "shin splints". PT is now only allowed 3 times a week meaning Mondays and Fridays there is no more PT.

We are forced to attend formations with no real training involved pre-formation then we return to our dorms since now we are not required to attend Duncan dining hall for any meal, which honestly is better than the long lines and waiting time we had to go through to collect plates to take back to our dorms in the first couple of weeks of class, some of which included maggots in the food which cadets were told not to talk about.

The constant changes to training, regulations, and rules keep all the cadet leadership wondering what will be restricted next in a haze of last-minute changes. At this point, most cadets do not understand why we are even open since nothing related to developing our minds, bodies, and leadership is really allowed or efficient in any way.

Complete outfits have been sent home because of COVID cases and others have been left without most leadership present because of quarantine and COVID self-isolation. It has come to a point where some cadets are being disciplined for having to quarantine which is just outrageous."

https://texags.com/forums/63/topics/3137534/replies/57376559


 

Can't believe it...no in dorm training?????  They are actually going to shut down corps buttseks and glory hole guzzling?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last few days before the first game is peak aggie. Nothing wrong can ever be proven, everyone is All World and a future 1st rounder, and they are obviously about to reel off another natty. Some seasons obviously take longer for reality to set in, but this one is going to be short. I hope they enjoy the next few days.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Orange&White said:

The last few days before the first game is peak aggie. Nothing wrong can ever be proven, everyone is All World and a future 1st rounder, and they are obviously about to reel off another natty. Some seasons obviously take longer for reality to set in, but this one is going to be short. I hope they enjoy the next few days.

 

Oh, their QB1 is not all-world this year. No, he’s a SJW that hates Sully, Murica, and the corpse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2020 at 1:32 PM, Neonmoon said:

Does this list look to be about what we are looking for from the FOIA to SBA regarding the Maroon & White LP PPL loan?

A list of all loans approved

The amount of all loans approved

Purpose of all approved loans (in general terms) and the maturity of each loan

The names, title, ownership percentage, TIN (EIN or SSN, as applicable), commercial street addresses and email addresses address of officers, directors, stockholders, and/or partners listed on loan application(s)

Personal, partnership, and business tax returns submitted as part of the application process

Financial statements, statements of cash flows, financial projections, and payroll reports submitted as part of the application process 

SBIC license information listed on loan application(s)

Information provided by applicant to SBA regarding Certificates of Competency

Information provided by applicant to SBA regarding lease guarantees, surety bond guarantees and/or requests for counseling.

Decisions, rulings, and records showing final Agency actions in specific factual situations if identifying details exempt from disclosure are first deleted.

Edited by Randolph Duke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Does this list look to be about what we are looking for from the FOIA to SBA regarding the Maroon & White LP PPL loan?

A list of all loans approved

The amount of all loans approved

Purpose of all approved loans (in general terms) and the maturity of each loan

The names, title, ownership percentage, TIN (EIN or SSN, as applicable), commercial street addresses and email addresses address of officers, directors, stockholders, and/or partners listed on loan application(s)

Personal, partnership, and business tax returns submitted as part of the application process

Financial statements, statements of cash flows, financial projections, and payroll reports submitted as part of the application process 

SBIC license information listed on loan application(s)

Information provided by applicant to SBA regarding Certificates of Competency

Information provided by applicant to SBA regarding lease guarantees, surety bond guarantees and/or requests for counseling.

Decisions, rulings, and records showing final Agency actions in specific factual situations if identifying details exempt from disclosure are first deleted.

It's your world dog, we just pay the rent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Does this list look to be about what we are looking for from the FOIA to SBA regarding the Maroon & White LP PPL loan?

A list of all loans approved

The amount of all loans approved

Purpose of all approved loans (in general terms) and the maturity of each loan

The names, title, ownership percentage, TIN (EIN or SSN, as applicable), commercial street addresses and email addresses address of officers, directors, stockholders, and/or partners listed on loan application(s)

Personal, partnership, and business tax returns submitted as part of the application process

Financial statements, statements of cash flows, financial projections, and payroll reports submitted as part of the application process 

SBIC license information listed on loan application(s)

Information provided by applicant to SBA regarding Certificates of Competency

Information provided by applicant to SBA regarding lease guarantees, surety bond guarantees and/or requests for counseling.

Decisions, rulings, and records showing final Agency actions in specific factual situations if identifying details exempt from disclosure are first deleted.

nod yes GIF by Captain Obvious

 

Yes Yes Yes GIF

Proud Of You Yes GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Does this list look to be about what we are looking for from the FOIA to SBA regarding the Maroon & White LP PPL loan?

A list of all loans approved

The amount of all loans approved

Purpose of all approved loans (in general terms) and the maturity of each loan

The names, title, ownership percentage, TIN (EIN or SSN, as applicable), commercial street addresses and email addresses address of officers, directors, stockholders, and/or partners listed on loan application(s)

Personal, partnership, and business tax returns submitted as part of the application process

Financial statements, statements of cash flows, financial projections, and payroll reports submitted as part of the application process 

SBIC license information listed on loan application(s)

Information provided by applicant to SBA regarding Certificates of Competency

Information provided by applicant to SBA regarding lease guarantees, surety bond guarantees and/or requests for counseling.

Decisions, rulings, and records showing final Agency actions in specific factual situations if identifying details exempt from disclosure are first deleted.

As part of the loan application, you have to submit identification of named officers of the company (driver's license).  Also included in the application is a list of employees and their wages for the previous one year (4/1/2019 - 3/31/2020).  At least, that's what I provided when I applied for my Company's PPP loan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pearlandhorn said:

As part of the loan application, you have to submit identification of named officers of the company (driver's license).  Also included in the application is a list of employees and their wages for the previous one year (4/1/2019 - 3/31/2020).  At least, that's what I provided when I applied for my Company's PPP loan.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At 71,000+ students (thank you 2.5 gpa transfer from community college), Texas A&M has finally obtained their cherished goal of surpassing Houston Community College as the largest post-secondary educational institution in Texas. 

Here’s to you, Texas A&M, you rote learning, redneck trade school idiots. Congratulations.

https://theeagle.com/news/a_m/texas-a-m-university-enrollment-grows-despite-pandemic/article_d6f335fa-f9ba-11ea-9e8a-9f1692f2cf75.html#tracking-source=home-breaking

 

In news that should surprise no one, Blinn and Texas A&M have taken another step forward in their "co-equal" trade school arrangement, were every A&M class is as if you are in junior college and every Blinn kid gets a shiny diploma from Texas A&M. Expect to see "Texas A&M-Blinn College" on a very frequent basis moving forward.

Quote

Grand Opening Of New Texas A&M System-Blinn College RELLIS Campus Building

The Texas A&M system and Blinn College have officially opened a new agriculture and workforce education complex on the RELLIS campus.

System chancellor John Sharp says the trades that are being taught reflect what were sought by Brazos Valley employers.

The complex will also train Texas A&M students pursuing careers as secondary school agriculture teachers.

Blinn students started using the $15 million dollar building three weeks ago.

Blinn chancellor Mary Hensley says students can pursue associate degrees in addition to trade certifications.

System vice chancellor and dean of Texas A&M’s college of agriculture and life sciences Patrick Stover promoted the interaction that will take place among A&M and Blinn students.

https://wtaw.com/grand-opening-of-new-texas-am-system-blinn-college-rellis-campus-building/

 

Edited by Randolph Duke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...