• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

"UltimateSuperGenius

Sip fans are desperate. It has been 12 years since they have been a blip on the college football radar. They will never have what we have, and it kills them."

hall_of_champions8.jpg

We'll never have an almost completely empty trophy room so they have that going for them.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

"UltimateSuperGenius

Sip fans are desperate. It has been 12 years since they have been a blip on the college football radar. They will never have what we have, and it kills them."

hall_of_champions8.jpg

12 years irrelevant for Texas vs. 82 years irrelevant for aggy

advantage aggy

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

"UltimateSuperGenius

hall_of_champions8.jpg

This looks like an airport terminal... aggys really do build generic looking structures.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fud said:

They wanted LSU or Arkansas, but LSU already had two QB commits by the time King blew up, and Arkansas was always going to take Chandler Morris 

Yeah, kinda funny how that all worked out.

-Chad takes his son over King, gets fired and Chandler decommits.

-King commits to A&M, UNC staff drops Malik Hornsby for Arkansas in-state QB Jacolby Criswell

-New Arkansas staff tries to flip Criswell but he sticks with UNC so Hornsby basically falls in Arkansas' lap.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

I know I do not speak for everybody but a season like 2005 can sustain you a long time. Also I don't really give a shit about being on the college football radar, the national commentators are morons who love to say controversial shitty things so not being talked about by them is just fine. They talked plenty of shit and treated us like shit in both 2005 and 2008/2009 and I don't miss it. But obviously I do want to stop sucking shit and all.

What A&M has that we will never have that it kills me that we lack is beyond me. I have no clue what he is talking about. Sheep? Only male cheerleaders? A bland beige campus? Weird cult-like fan expectations I have to meet or be shunned as a 2%? I don't know. Certainly not championships, Even in our shitty era we have at least been in a conference title game recently. 

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

"UltimateSuperGenius

hall_of_champions8.jpg

looks like baggage claim at a commuter airport.... 

EDIT: clearly i'm unoriginal 😔

Edited by ChickenNuggets
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

"UltimateSuperGenius

hall_of_champions8.jpg

Right under that post:

image.png.35939adea8fe7608648908161bc335e6.png

Umm:

1) Our backup QB played most of the game, too.
2) You got doubled up just like us.
3) You forgot to mention 40-year-old baby Cam Newton was out for most of the second half against aggy.
4) Arkansas didn't put in their backups at 40-14, but nice narrative.  I love how they make up stuff and hope no one fact checks it.  Example:

Starters:
1, 7, 9, 21, 27

image.thumb.png.e8dca52287f06a3721580315d5b590a0.png

After 40-14:
1, 7, 9, 10 (Bumper Pool), 17, 21, 27

image.thumb.png.b44dd9769ebd851638852a53207bb86c.png

image.png.22fcdc8fe35826af72191ad68ab42d23.png

image.thumb.png.fe6c21aa2be865078b5e6a6b301e2d2e.png

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

"UltimateSuperGenius

hall_of_champions8.jpg

Wow. We’ll never have what they have? Once we join the SEC they’ll be permanently relegated from a “never was” to a “never will be”. They will be stuck in little brother purgatory. They will always be in our shadow. Nothing can change that. They had a chance to mark their own path with the 10 year head start in the SEC and they haven’t accomplished shit with that opportunity. Even during the worst 10 year stretch in the history of our football program we’re still the premier program in the state. That will never change. That’s what really kills them.

• Hook 'Em 1

A&M held MSU to 3.6 yards per play last year, so it seems Elko might know how to deal with Leach's offense 

This might be a good one to take the under of 46.5; last year's game was 28-14, A&M's offense is much worse, A&M's defense is probably better, and MSU is playing good defense this year

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Matt Miller at ESPN has Leal #6, Green #12, Wydermyer #28, and Spiller #31.

They're all gone if that's the range they're going. Combine that with the losses on defense it's going to be a total rebuild next season for aggy. 

They will not have four players drafted in the first round.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Matt Miller at ESPN has Leal #6, Green #12, Wydermyer #28, and Spiller #31.

They're all gone if that's the range they're going. Combine that with the losses on defense it's going to be a total rebuild next season for aggy. 

Don't see Green going that high but the other picks seem reasonable. 

Edited by JOSEYWALES66

Just now, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Don't see Green going that high but the other picks seem resonable. 

I don't know about Green going that high but almost everyone has him as a first rounder. 

I think Miller's projections are about right based on what I've seen from everyone else. Leal, Green, and Wydermyer are almost certainly gone. Spiller is probably gone too but he's the least certain out of the 4. 

7 minutes ago, Fud said:

A&M held MSU to 3.6 yards per play last year, so it seems Elko might know how to deal with Leach's offense 

This might be a good one to take the under of 46.5; last year's game was 28-14, A&M's offense is much worse, A&M's defense is probably better, and MSU is playing good defense this year

Leach started a true freshman qb in that game last year. 99 yds on 22 pass attempts (a 16 qbr), -27 yards rushing, 1 pick, 1 fumble.

Calzada had a 40.1 qbr vs Colorado and a 29.9 qbr against Arky, so imagine how bad the Mississippi St kid was against aggy last year. A&M was only up by 14 at half and ended up winning by 14.

And that was against he greatest aggy team since 1939 that was robbed of a chance to play for the national championship.

If that qb from Mississippi St can elevate his game to the level Calzada played against Arkansas, Mississippi St has a shot at winning.

• Hook 'Em 1

It’s almost as though winning a bunch of games with a senior draftable QB in a bizarro pandemic season in which their opponents were a combined 20 games under .500, and winning the Orange Bowl against a just-ok team whose best players opted out, isn’t predictive of greatness the following season. Go figure. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Miss State had probably the worst offensive line in the country last year. They were pretty much screwed against anyone with a good DL. Not sure if that's fixed but the OL can't be any worse than it was last year. 

A&M scored 28 last year but that was in big part because Miss State's offense was a pile of shit. 

This has a 20-17 type score feel to it in either direction. Probably the offense that doesn't fuck up the most with turnovers will win. 

6 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Leach started a true freshman qb in that game last year. 99 yds on 22 pass attempts (a 16 qbr), -27 yards rushing, 1 pick, 1 fumble.

Calzada had a 40.1 qbr vs Colorado and a 29.9 qbr against Arky, so imagine how bad the Mississippi St kid was against aggy last year. A&M was only up by 14 at half and ended up winning by 14.

And that was against he greatest aggy team since 1939 that was robbed of a chance to play for the national championship.

If that qb from Mississippi St can elevate his game to the level Calzada played against Arkansas, Mississippi St has a shot at winning.

Costello had 22 attempts in that game, it wasn't all just against the true freshman 

8 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Looking closer at this game, it appears you got several things wrong

It was Costello who started and went 15-22 for 99 yards. The true freshman was actually 15/18 for 120 yards as a replacement. In any event, MSU's offense struggling shows that Elko is at least willing to put extra DBs on the field to match Leach's offense 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

Looking closer at this game, it appears you got several things wrong

It was Costello who started and went 15-22 for 99 yards. The true freshman was actually 15/18 for 120 yards as a replacement. In any event, MSU's offense struggling shows that Elko is at least willing to put extra DBs on the field to match Leach's offense 

You are correct. I remember the QB was a shitshow, but it was the Sr who was the shithow. I stand corrected.

50% chance of rain in Farmville Saturday night. Shouldn't affect the game much.

13 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

It really is weird. I mean, aggie really is trying their hardest. They go to sychronize their periods every Friday before a home game. They spend wads of cash on their facilities, and backed the Brinks truck up for a coach. So to see them get the one coach that would stifle all of their efforts is lottery level percentages. The one coach they absolutely couldn't get is a coach that both had an archaic offensive system and struggled getting quarterbacks. Those two things would be a death sentence for them and sure as shit here we are with aggie loaded on both sides of the ball but two quarterbacks that can't hit the broad side of a barn, a 1980's offense, and 5 star Conner Weigman coming just a hair too late. Someone way down the line in aggie history upset the football gods. 

50 minutes ago, Fud said:

The Pirate gets better with time. Just a matter of time before they are pitching it all over the yard. Always takes him a few seasons. Couple that with aggy's natural struggles on offense and this could be an L for them. The best place for the Pirate's offense is on the sideline. If they get enough cracks at you he WILL figure you out. Aggy not being able to get first downs and grind clocks sets up bad for them.

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

The Pirate gets better with time. Just a matter of time before they are pitching it all over the yard. Always takes him a few seasons.

And I don't think he's there yet.  The Bulldogs seem like a very meh 2-2 so far, and I don't think they'll be slinging it up and down the aggy defense.  Shitty aggy QB play and Jimbo's derpy play calling is what will keep this close.  I'm thinking of something like a 21-17 score, regardless of who wins.