Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

9 hours ago, CHIEF said:

aggy and Jimbo remind me of my dog on steak night at my house. We get bone-in ribeyes. After we eat everything we can, we give a bone (Jimbo) to my dog (aggy). The rest of the night, he growls, and runs off with that slimy, spit covered bone, that you don't want, anytime you walk near him. He is so proud of himself and his prize, "look what I got". Its his prize possession, but everyone else sees it for what it is, a slimy, spit covered bone with nothing left on it that anyone would want.

CHIEF

Maybe we should start calling Jimbo. “T-Bone”?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

The Jimbo to LSU thing is such a win win regardless of the outcome.

If LSU isn't going to offer, Jimbo still used the risk that they might as leverage for an even more ridiculous contract from aggy.

If LSU is going to offer, it won't be for more $, at best it will be equal and likely less. If Jimbo takes equal or less $ to leave aggy for LSU, we might all go the way of ghost of LL and actually OD on aggy tears.

Even better, if he takes the LSU job that's probably better for us than LSU hiring a legit coach, and aggy will perpetually be a 7-5/8-4 team regardless of their coach so it doesn't matter.

I don't think there's a chance in hell LSU actually offers, but any way you look at aggy loses here.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

If LSU isn't going to offer, Jimbo still used the risk that they might as leverage for an even more ridiculous contract from aggy.

If LSU is going to offer, it won't be for more $, at best it will be equal and likely less. If Jimbo takes equal or less $ to leave aggy for LSU, we might all go the way of ghost of LL and actually OD on aggy tears.

Even better, if he takes the LSU job that's probably better for us than LSU hiring a legit coach, and aggy will perpetually be a 7-5/8-4 team regardless of their coach so it doesn't matter.

I don't think there's a chance in hell LSU actually offers, but any way you look at aggy loses here.

I think they'll go after Kiffin, and if he turns them down, settle for Napier 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thatguy said:

"Due to the type of person he is and his commitment to always put the players first I wouldn't trade Jimbo for one HC in CFB. Yes even Darth Saban. I'm just as frustrated as anyone but Jimbo is the right man for Texas A&M now and for as long as he wants to."                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Clickity clack, back on the rollercoaster track. 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Is LSU in a position to pay 8 mil plus and if they were, would they guarantee that 8 mil for 6 plus years…… for Jimbo Fisher?!!

I don’t think anyone who is not retarded was ever going to one up that contract to steal Jimbo.  Then again… one might be surprised how little he’s take to get away from aggy.  Regardless, they got worked HARD! 

I think he would be dangerous at LSU, they probably make him get an actual modern OC and with that alone he might just win again with all LSUs talent (until he tanked the roster again)  Aggy has 0 leverage so he has no incentive to make any changes that hurt his ego. Instead they kowtow to him and his MNC trophy worse than a Ming dynasty servant  

He probably has more money than he knows what to do with, he lives in a house you would expect the manager of Tractor Supply to own, and meth is pretty cheap.  So is it about the guaranteed money or about winning again for him?   He would not get that contract from LSU and there would be plenty of pressure to make changes where needed.  But if he wants to win again he has to go somewhere better than aggy.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

That's what I threatened a granddaughter with when she was around 9 yo and thought she wanted to be a vet.  I told her I'd never speak to her again.

She didn't go.

Dear, dear granddaughter, apple of my eye. Tell me your dream. Put your hopes in my hands.

spacer.png

8 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

If they want a sitting MNC coach, they'd be better off with Mack cornering the Louisiana recruiting market.

New turdition - washed up coaches who got lucky to win a MNC and squander top 10 rankings and top 5 recruiting classes at their comeback attempt 

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

aggy and their "coach salary smack" is hilarious. Notice how Liucci talks about Schlossnagle's contract as being "almost the same as what he was being paid at TCU."

Has Liucci ever cited his source for what Schlossnagle was being paid at TCU? No.

Will he ever offer any evidence to substantiate what Schlossnagle was being paid at TCU? No.

Is Liucci being honest when he says that? No.

liucci dm.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

you have to meet the standard of what you have to do

- Jimbo Fisher

$9 million/yr for this, people. $9 million.

"Texas A&M Head Coach Jimbo Fisher agrees that the Aggies need to raise their standard in practice. ”We’re preparing, but the standard of how to do details, we’re not detailed enough or we would play that way,” Fisher explained. “Why is that detail? Some of that’s experience. Some of that is youth. Some of that is new guys at critical positions at different moments because you’re rotating guys. You’re playing freshmen linemen, some young receivers, you have a new quarterback. Is that an excuse? No, you still have to meet the standard of what you have to do because that’s when your opportunities come. I tell these guys all the time you either wait to play or you prepare to play. But the one thing you can’t give a guy is experience. You have to get experience in the saddle, and they’ve got to realize that,” Fisher added."

https://www.kbtx.com/2021/09/28/aggies-look-raise-standard-practice/

Edited by Randolph Duke

2 hours ago, Fud said:

I think they'll go after Kiffin, and if he turns them down, settle for Napier 

Or Urban will pull a Saban and bail from the NFL to the SEC and coach the Tigahs. 

spacer.png

Nah, Aggies will say the Swamp Kitties (idiotic aggy nickname that many consistently use) wanted Jimbo, but couldn't afford to compete in money with the Aggies if he doesn't go. Aggies remain stuck in mediocrity.

Or Jimbo takes a major pay cut in the event that LSU is stupid enough to want him and commences to teack kitties to eat Collies.

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

- Jimbo Fisher

"Texas A&M Head Coach Jimbo Fisher agrees that the Aggies need to raise their standard in practice. ”We’re preparing, but the standard of how to do details, we’re not detailed enough or we would play that way,” Fisher explained. “Why is that detail? Some of that’s experience. Some of that is youth. Some of that is new guys at critical positions at different moments because you’re rotating guys. You’re playing freshmen linemen, some young receivers, you have a new quarterback. Is that an excuse? No, you still have to meet the standard of what you have to do because that’s when your opportunities come. I tell these guys all the time you either wait to play or you prepare to play. But the one thing you can’t give a guy is experience. You have to get experience in the saddle, and they’ve got to realize that,” Fisher added."

They need to bring in Tom Herman - you can't win the game if you don't have a great Sunday practice. 

5 minutes ago, ousux said:

They want to skip straight to the Bama curbstomping?

Kinda weird, but ok.

Agreed.  I mean, there's a good chance they'll lose to MSU, but winning is still possible.  They should absolutely try to enjoy this weekend's game, because next weekend is really gonna suck for them.

Edited by utee94

Don’t forget that Jimbo is gonna kick Saban’s ass.  Wonder if Saban remembers?

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

- Jimbo Fisher

Well, isn’t that exactly the reason he was hired to coach at aggy?  Fans are looking for week to week improvement and wins.  Hello.

3 hours ago, mchookem said:

i say all that to say, when i watch these fishcamp vids, and yell practice, and all their other weird shit, i do think there is a certain type of kid that maybe needs that, the conformity, the feeling of being part of a group. they really want to feel like they belong to something 'special'.

i mean obviously there are kids that feel that way, they keep going there lol. i guess what i mean is i could kind of understand some kids longing for that feeling of being 'in' and choose aggy bc of it. 

Immamac before he had Surly?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Listening to aggy make excuses and cover for Jimbo vs how Texas message boards and sites actively criticizing and demanding higher performance from a brand new coach really crystalizes why aggy has always had a mediocre football program.  They think propaganda will speak success into existence there while Texas actually demands results.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, mchookem said:

yeah...i took my niece on a tour there back in 2019. i felt obligated bc i wanted her to make her own decision and she really knew nothing about aggy, she didn't even know my feelings about them bc she's not into football at all and it had just never come up.

by the end of the tour, on her own, she said to me that they were 'weird', she'd been snickering at the corps dorks all day, and when the guides finished the tour with their literal tearfilled spiel about the aggy 'family' and what it means, how special it is, she said "this is like a cult!"

i was very proud of her in that moment lol...however, i say all that to say, when i watch these fishcamp vids, and yell practice, and all their other weird shit, i do think there is a certain type of kid that maybe needs that, the conformity, the feeling of being part of a group. they really want to feel like they belong to something 'special'.

i mean obviously there are kids that feel that way, they keep going there lol. i guess what i mean is i could kind of understand some kids longing for that feeling of being 'in' and choose aggy bc of it. 

thankfully my niece saw them for the freaks they are 🤣 (she ended up in the honors college at UNT)

like the kids at youth group at church or band in high school (no offense, they actually look like theyre having fun).  They found a place that accepts them (provided you conform, 2%ers) 

Edited by Teamdirtyleg
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

aggy and their "coach salary smack" is hilarious. Notice how Liucci talks about Schlossnagle's contract as being "almost the same as what he was being paid at TCU."

Has Liucci ever cited his source for what Schlossnagle was being paid at TCU? No.

Will he ever offer any evidence to substantiate what Schlossnagle was being paid at TCU? No.

Is Liucci being honest when he says that? No.

liucci dm.jpeg

I love how he sent you that and THEN blocked you.  What a little twat

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

like the kids at youth group at church or band in high school (no offense, they actually look like theyre having fun).  They found a place that accepts them (provided you conform, 2%ers) 

yes! i was actually thinking about church camp exactly when i was writing that 😄

and yes they always looked like they were having fun but i just never felt like i fit with that crew. and i even tried lol.  

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, mchookem said:

yeah...i took my niece on a tour there back in 2019. i felt obligated bc i wanted her to make her own decision and she really knew nothing about aggy, she didn't even know my feelings about them bc she's not into football at all and it had just never come up.

by the end of the tour, on her own, she said to me that they were 'weird', she'd been snickering at the corps dorks all day, and when the guides finished the tour with their literal tearfilled spiel about the aggy 'family' and what it means, how special it is, she said "this is like a cult!"

i was very proud of her in that moment lol...however, i say all that to say, when i watch these fishcamp vids, and yell practice, and all their other weird shit, i do think there is a certain type of kid that maybe needs that, the conformity, the feeling of being part of a group. they really want to feel like they belong to something 'special'.

thankfully my niece saw them for the freaks they are 🤣 (she ended up in the honors college at UNT)

Eh, all college campuses require conformity these days. It’s just comes down to choosing the conformity you’re comfortable with.

clearly she’s opposed to jizz jars 👍

10 hours ago, Treefidy said:

I think he would be dangerous at LSU, they probably make him get an actual modern OC and with that alone he might just win again with all LSUs talent (until he tanked the roster again)  Aggy has 0 leverage so he has no incentive to make any changes that hurt his ego. Instead they kowtow to him and his MNC trophy worse than a Ming dynasty servant  

He probably has more money than he knows what to do with, he lives in a house you would expect the manager of Tractor Supply to own, and meth is pretty cheap.  So is it about the guaranteed money or about winning again for him?   He would not get that contract from LSU and there would be plenty of pressure to make changes where needed.  But if he wants to win again he has to go somewhere better than aggy.  

Freshwater would be a way better hire and somewhat troublesome.

8 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Or Urban will pull a Saban and bail from the NFL to the SEC and coach the Tigahs. 

spacer.png

Nah, Aggies will say the Swamp Kitties (idiotic aggy nickname that many consistently use) wanted Jimbo, but couldn't afford to compete in money with the Aggies if he doesn't go. Aggies remain stuck in mediocrity.

Or Jimbo takes a major pay cut in the event that LSU is stupid enough to want him and commences to teack kitties to eat Collies.

spacer.png

They did hire farmer Fran so anything is possible.

4 hours ago, Leanderman said:

My only hope is dumbo sticks around a few more years and they continue with 7-5 seasons. I used to watch Comedy Central but this is my new place for belly laughs, reading about these chicken farmers.

They're likely to have a few more losses this season. Who the fuck is going to come anywhere close to matching that stupid fucking contract. Nobody. The only way he leaves aggy early is because they bought his ass out. Maybe they can try to work a Shaka-like exit, but if so, it will be with some shitty school who thinks Jimbo is the best they could ever do. LSU wont let aggy off the hook.