• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

37 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Every time I attend a game at that stadium, it reminds me of a Riefenstahl propaganda film replete with forced prayer, ultra nationalism, love of military and racist tribalism. It creeps me out no lie.

spacer.png

do the corp turds still march in before the game?

• Like 1

Just now, hookem48 said:

do the corp turds still march in before the game?

Oh yeah. The part that stuck out to me though was the invocation prayer pre game. Paraphrasing here but basically, “We’re the good moral people at this school and we uphold traditional values and we need to lead this country for the common good…”

Just found an "aggy fact" I was looking for about the A&M kiddie corps. The aggy kiddie corps and ROTC are two completely different organizations, but the enrollment overlap is significant. 

Assuming 100% participation overlap, somewhere under 40% of the kiddie corps is commissioning these days (230x4/2316).

The number I was looking for is first year enrollment - 761. Of the 761, we can reasonably expect 230 to complete their time in costume. That makes for a 70% dropout rate. I would say a 70% failure rate pretty well sums up what it is to be an aggy.

Posted June 21, 2021:

"- Corps strength on the first day of school was 2,316 cadets (this is down from 2,560 in 2017 https://www.aggienetwork.com/media/guides/muster speaker resources/corps of cadets 2017-18 quick facts.pdf)

- 761 cadets joined the Corps last year

- 17% of the total Corps is female

- 24% of the Cadets were from out of state"

"This academic year, we commissioned a total of 230 Aggie officers" (note: 103 Army, 73 USAF, 18 USN, 14 USMC. That makes 208. I'm guessing the other 22 were from A&M Qatar and commissioned straight into the Taliban)

https://www.serviceacademyforums.com/index.php?threads/texas-a-m-2020-21-state-of-the-corps-from-the-commandant.81829/

aggy_ralph.jpg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

A&M seems to have more in common with Gov. Abbott these days and I find myself being more in line with Gov. Perry these days.  

What the fuck does that say about us all?  

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

Every time I attend a game at that stadium, it reminds me of a Riefenstahl propaganda film replete with forced prayer, ultra nationalism, love of military and racist tribalism. It creeps me out no lie.

spacer.png

All that plus the architecture on campus looks like it was pulled out of East Berlin

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

Oh yeah. The part that stuck out to me though was the invocation prayer pre game. Paraphrasing here but basically, “We’re the good moral people at this school and we uphold traditional values and we need to lead this country for the common good…”

8D706FBA-FFFB-43A5-BCF4-32198A3374B8.jpeg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jimbo Fisher: &quot;We&#39;re an inch or two short. We got to find them, got to figure them out and grow.&quot;</p>&mdash; TexAgs (@TexAgs) <a href="https://twitter.com/TexAgs/status/1444491318521180165?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 3, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

Just found an "aggy fact" I was looking for about the A&M kiddie corps. The aggy kiddie corps and ROTC are two completely different organizations, but the enrollment overlap is significant. 

Assuming 100% participation overlap, somewhere under 40% of the kiddie corps is commissioning these days (230x4/2316).

The number I was looking for is first year enrollment - 761. Of the 761, we can reasonably expect 230 to complete their time in costume. That makes for a 70% dropout rate. I would say a 70% failure rate pretty well sums up what it is to be an aggy.

Posted June 21, 2021:

"- Corps strength on the first day of school was 2,316 cadets (this is down from 2,560 in 2017 https://www.aggienetwork.com/media/guides/muster speaker resources/corps of cadets 2017-18 quick facts.pdf)

- 761 cadets joined the Corps last year

- 17% of the total Corps is female

- 24% of the Cadets were from out of state"

"This academic year, we commissioned a total of 230 Aggie officers" (note: 103 Army, 73 USAF, 18 USN, 14 USMC. That makes 208. I'm guessing the other 22 were from A&M Qatar and commissioned straight into the Taliban)

https://www.serviceacademyforums.com/index.php?threads/texas-a-m-2020-21-state-of-the-corps-from-the-commandant.81829/

aggy_ralph.jpg

Two HS friends of mine were both in the core. Neither graduated

21 hours ago, Lobo said:

I think 7-5 is still realistic, could be 8-5 with a bowl win.  So basically, typical Aggie season.  No shame in it.  But is it really worth over $1mm/victory.  

Do you they run out of time or run out of cash first?  

They will never run out of cash.  They get over a Billion in fresh cash every year from the AUF payment.  The question is, is it really worth over $1mm/victory OF OUR MONEY.

3 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

They will never run out of cash.  They get over a Billion in fresh cash every year from the AUF payment.  The question is, is it really worth over $1mm/victory OF OUR MONEY.

The aggy system got about $450 mil from AUF distributions this past year, the highest ever (UT Austin and the non-Austin UT system each also received about $450 mil each). 

Pretty sure that’s a joke but who knows.  We’re talking about a bunch of toothless banjo playing rubes that throw about money like they won Powerball. 

I didnt realize until very recently that not only did they give him a raise but they extended him 4 years!!!!  Jaw dropping.  Even if you were happy with the product (and I can understand that at the end of least season), how could you think that raise/extension was necessary?  It’s not like he was underpaid to start with. 

I love aggy misery as much as the next guy but those poor bastard have to be in hell knowing they are saddled to this guy until paying off his remaining contract seems doable.  That’s got to suck for their fans.

On the other hand, fuck ‘em. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Did this make it on here?

In other words, they have a culture problem... in year 4 of the coach's tenure.  Only 10 more years to go...

Also, he really doesn't want to get benched. He knows whose dick to suck...

Edited by RabidM
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Leanderman said:

Really confused here. I see the chicken farmers are unranked now, I thought this was their year?

Oh, it is. They’ve assured us. Haven’t you seen all those huge wins they’ve had over the past three seasons? They all point to a championship in 2021. Just wait. 

"I love aggy misery as much as the next guy but those poor bastard have to be in hell knowing they are saddled to this guy until paying off his remaining contract seems doable.  That’s got to suck for their fans.
On the other hand, fuck ‘em."

The lawyers are going through Jimbo's contract and are developing a way to get rid of him. Money is really light in the coffers and Jimbo is due whatever is left on his contract if they release him, hence the lawyers finding a way out.
But as the shirt says: Don't care got Jimbo