• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

We have not really developed a QB in quite a long time. I liked Brandon Stewart. RC benched him only to call on him to lead us to our last championship. Sleepy did not see Tannehill's talent. He had to beg for a chance to play QB. Recall the absolute horror on the faces of the parents of Kyle Allen while Summy played their son while he was obviously hurt. Of course, Summy ran off more talent than we deserved.

I do not know if parents check into a schools history on a position basis. If they do, I find nothing compelling that would encourage me to send my son to A&M.

The wording aggy uses always makes me laugh. When anyone else uses "our last championship" they mean NC. Aggy means conference. But then it gets better.........

For tradition. We have the best traditions in all of football and university. Others schools are in awe and envy our cool and historic traditions, customs, and courtesies. Some people praisingly and respectfully call us a cult because we are so strong in our traditions and mannerisms.

Environment and community. College Station is a great place to live and raise a family. One of the few places in the US where a community of our size allows folks to leave their houses and vehicles unlocked and live without fear of high crime. College Station and the local area basically shutdown businesses when we have a home game and folks come to support the Fightin Farmers of the fields.

People. Aggies! A&M is still that college trapped in time of early Americana where people still valued their word, had compassion for others, and mutual respect was worth more than money in the bank.

Patriotism. There isn't a more patriotic college in the nation and we still trust in our God, Jesus and love accordingly.

Women. A&M had the best looking women in all of Texas and they are smart to boot. Yeah, I agree with previous posts that for some odd reason the cameras tend to only show the less than desirable looking female Ags but we all seen the campus hotties. There are quite a few and they are friendly and fun. Name another school in Texas with better looking women that can catch a catfish, clean a deer, plow a field, and still dress the Nine for Sunday morning service. I dare ya.

Finally, and most importantly football.
We are building something special here. Jimbo is arguably in the Top 3 coaches in football and in only his second season he put us on the verge of a national championship. This season we had unforeseen challenges that is beyond his control.

Jimbo will get us Nattys and we will continue the traditions of national championships. See how many we have won in my sig block below.

If you want to win. Come play at Texas A&M!

This dude was def a multi-year volunteer at Fish Camp!!!!!

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3234613

Edited by Thatguy
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

The true stupidity of hiring Jimbo was his age.  College football is increasingly a young man's game and the smart program's know that.  Aggy hired a 55 year old guy.  
The old army money at aggy doesn't want a young gun.

They want Saban. They can't have him, so they hired a guy who vaguely reminds them of Saban.

He runs an offense that reminds them of a time when they were more successful, not one of these sissy bdf knockoff offenses (Leach would never win a game in the sec, after all).

Old money ags hired exactly the guy they wanted because projects the tough image and old school mentality they want for a&m.

In hindsight, they were more right than they even realized. He projects an image of toughness and dominance with literally no substance to back it up. The perfect figurehead for aggy.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

The old army money at aggy doesn't want a young gun.

They want Saban. They can't have him, so they hired a guy who vaguely reminds them of Saban.

He runs an offense that reminds them of a time when they were more successful, not one of these sissy bdf knockoff offenses (Leach would never win a game in the sec, after all).

Old money ags hired exactly the guy they wanted because projects the tough image and old school mentality they want for a&m.

In hindsight, they were more right than they even realized. He projects an image of toughness and dominance with literally no substance to back it up. The perfect figurehead for aggy.

Jimbo is late Texas Mack Brown. The program parallels are almost a 100% match.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Drool 1

"For the moment, Texas A&M isn’t just the gold standard for college football in the Lone Star State, although it certainly is that. The Aggies are also among the tiny handful of national programs against which every other FBS school can measure itself in terms of attendance, revenue, facilities, fan support, and winning."

The fuck?

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

24 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Jimbo is late Texas Mack Brown. The program parallels are almost a 100% match.

Agreed. This is their version of our 2010 season. Top-ten preseason. New QB. Program revealed to be active and uncontrollable dumpster fire. At least we had a decade of success with a NC and a handful of big bowl wins before hitting the skids.

27 minutes ago, coachherman'sgrill said:

"For the moment, Texas A&M isn’t just the gold standard for college football in the Lone Star State, although it certainly is that. The Aggies are also among the tiny handful of national programs against which every other FBS school can measure itself in terms of attendance, revenue, facilities, fan support, and winning."

The fuck?

Lol wut

For tradition. We have the best traditions in all of football and university. Others schools are in awe and envy our cool and historic traditions, customs, and courtesies. Some people praisingly and respectfully call us a cult because we are so strong in our traditions and mannerisms. Nope, we think you are weird but you’re too oblivious to understand the difference.

Environment and community. College Station is a great place to live and raise a family. One of the few places in the US where a community of our size allows folks to leave their houses and vehicles unlocked and live without fear of high crime. College Station and the local area basically shutdown businesses when we have a home game and folks come to support the Fightin Farmers of the fields.  Community college station is correct, too bad they don’t teach punctuation.  

People. Aggies! A&M is still that college trapped in time of early Americana where people still valued their word, had compassion for others, and mutual respect was worth more than money in the bank.  Not having money in the bank is better than living in community college station, both options suck.  

Patriotism. There isn't a more patriotic college in the nation and we still trust in our God, Jesus and love accordingly.  REAL service academies maybe?

Women. A&M had the best looking women in all of Texas and they are smart to boot. Yeah, I agree with previous posts that for some odd reason the cameras tend to only show the less than desirable looking female Ags but we all seen the campus hotties. There are quite a few and they are friendly and fun. Name another school in Texas with better looking women that can catch a catfish, clean a deer, plow a field, and still dress the Nine for Sunday morning service. I dare ya.
SMU, TCU, UT, Tech, Baylor, U of H, UTD, UTA, UTSA, North Texas… who am I leaving out?   If a sort of good looking girl wants to go from a 6 to a 10 relative to others around her and be stalked by every fucking weirdo on campus, then ya, maybe she’s smart.
We are building something special here. Jimbo is arguably in the Top 3 coaches in football and in only his second season he put us on the verge of a national championship. This season we had unforeseen challenges that is beyond his control
Hes not a top 3 coach in football, not even close.  He’s not even a top 3 college sitting MNC winning coach.   And I guess not having QBs on his roster is not his fault because because there really is no way of knowing yearly if any of the 15k incoming students know how to play football, plus like 3k of them are girls. 

Jimbo will get us Nattys and we will continue the traditions of national championships. See how many we have won in my sig block below.
Continue the tradition of retroactively adding more MNCs to your total once everyone from that era is dead and can’t dispute it or care?   100 years from now you can just about guarantee they claim one in 2013, it’s a tradition.  

• Hook 'Em 1

What's the over/under Jimbo is fired for moral turpitude and Jeff Fischer is brought in to rebuild the program back to its yearly national championship expectations?
It is really, really hard to imagine a coach aggy could convince themselves to pay more money to produce worse results than Jimbo.

But low and behold you found the answer.
  • Hook 'Em 1

"For tradition. We have the best traditions in all of football and university. Others schools are in awe and envy our cool and historic traditions, customs, and courtesies. Some people praisingly and respectfully call us a cult because we are so strong in our traditions and mannerisms.

Environment and community. College Station is a great place to live and raise a family. One of the few places in the US where a community of our size allows folks to leave their houses and vehicles unlocked and live without fear of high crime. College Station and the local area basically shutdown businesses when we have a home game and folks come to support the Fightin Farmers of the fields.

People. Aggies! A&M is still that college trapped in time of early Americana where people still valued their word, had compassion for others, and mutual respect was worth more than money in the bank.

Patriotism. There isn't a more patriotic college in the nation and we still trust in our God, Jesus and love accordingly.

We are building something special here. Jimbo is arguably in the Top 3 coaches in football and in only his second season he put us on the verge of a national championship. This season we had unforeseen challenges that is beyond his control.

If you want to win. Come play at Texas A&M!"

Just drink the Kool-Aid Comrade

• Like 1

Jumbo is probably thinking to himself right now, "what else do I have to do to get fired?!?  I've been trying for 3 or 4 years now. Stupid COVID fucked me good last year.  Maybe when it sinks in that out of those 3 or 4 NCs they assumed they would have at the end of our first contract, they are getting ZERO".  

"Who's the cuck now? bitches..."

i mean yeah ok it's loud, but it just doesn't seem particularly intimidating. hell tech and baylor used to roll in there and win with some regularity, not to mention us and bama.

i almost think the unison of their 'yells' works against them in that everybody is making the same uniform noise rather than the chaotic cacophony you get elsewhere.

almost like they're too practiced. 

EagerSlowAustrianpinscher-size_restricted (1).gif

23 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i mean yeah ok it's loud, but it just doesn't seem particularly intimidating. hell tech and baylor used to roll in there and win with some regularity, not to mention us and bama.

i almost think the unison of their 'yells' works against them in that everybody is making the same uniform noise rather than the chaotic cacophony you get elsewhere.

almost like they're too practiced. 

EagerSlowAustrianpinscher-size_restricted (1).gif

You are overthinking it. It's not intimidating because they are aggy. Opposing teams have 0 respect for them. What have they ever done to deserve it?

Edited by Thatguy