• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

Wait, they listen to some random dude about why they are going to win the game? I’d listen to a player or a coach, but listen to another fan? I wonder what the actual players think of this bullshit. Guessing they can’t stand being anywhere near this crap. Does anyone know if they attend? 

I think the guy talking was the 12th man so technically he is a player on the team. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Going to be interesting to see how many aggy NFL prospects opt out after Bama destroys them this weekend. Leal, Spiller, and Wydenmyer would decimate this team. Green has looked like shit as he has had to move all over the aggy OL so he might continue playing to try to rebuild his draft status.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

1998/1999 was the last time A&M football put two seasons back-to-back with a winning record in conference play.

The problems with Texas A&M football run far deeper than Billy Liucci can comprehend.

99/2000, but close enough. Poor aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

13:16 before kickoff and "the finestest fans in all the werld!™" have packed Kyle Field, yet again. They're better fans than anyone else!

aggy stands empty miss state.jpeg

The north and south upper decks never filled up and there were empty seats all over the stadium.  I'd guess 75-80% total capacity.

39 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

They were out trying to help make sure late arriving Mississippi State fans could find the stadium

While we are on that subject, have we seen this game's letter from the visiting fan? I'm going to guess we don't have one from an aggy fan who was glad A&M lost because the other team deserved to win more than A&M.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Holy shit I must have missed the raise and extension. Because they almost made the playoff last year? JFC, $7.5 mil was already absurd, so they decided to pay him almost as much as Nick Saban? A guy who has won more championships in the last decade that most programs can even dream of? That guy? I just can't understand these fucking losers.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deej said:

That stadium is the biggest waste of money. They just had to have the seating capacity to brag about, yet they rarely fill it.

That they did that despite the decade long trend of declining in person attendance in college football is hilarious.  Building a bunch of extra shitty seats is exactly the opposite of what should be done.  You should be holding capacity steady or reducing it in favor of premium seats.  No one wants to sit on a tiny bleacher seat in the sun when they can sit at home and watch the game in the air conditioning on a 70 inch screen.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

That they did that despite the decade long trend of declining in person attendance in college football is hilarious.  Building a bunch of extra shitty seats is exactly the opposite of what should be done.  You should be holding capacity steady or reducing it in favor of premium seats.  No one wants to sit on a tiny bleacher seat in the sun when they can sit at home and watch the game in the air conditioning on a 70 inch screen.

Some day I think I’ll take a trip up to college station to witness a game.  I’ll buy those shit seat in the rafters so I can view aggy from afar.  It’ll be like some explorer observing a primitive culture

• Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Holy shit I must have missed the raise and extension. Because they almost made the playoff last year? JFC, $7.5 mil was already absurd, so they decided to pay him almost as much as Nick Saban? A guy who has won more championships in the last decade that most programs can even dream of? That guy? I just can't understand these fucking losers.

Jumbo just needs 6 or 7 more full recruiting cycles to get the stink of Fran and sunlim out of the program. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Some day I think I’ll take a trip up to college station to witness a game.  I’ll buy those shit seat in the rafters so I can view aggy from afar.  It’ll be like some explorer observing a primitive culture

Be careful. You can't see the whole field from some of those seats. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

The even funnier thing -- the extra point you might say -- is that aggy STILL didn't get a buyout clause in the contract!

laughing-haha.gif

• Haha 2

The grackle will forever be the new sign for death of an Aggie season. Forget vultures circling we have "the grackle"!!!

I wonder if Grackle had appeared on the day when E King Gill put on his uniform would their mascot be named Grackle?

OP, your post will be in Aggie lore.

Edited by Cairn Horn88
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

You may want to consider travel vaccines before your adventure.

10 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

Last year WAS our "next year" | TexAgs

^^ They are so close to realizing the futility of their efforts... As usual, the smartest of them pose the right question, but then collectively they arrive at the wrong conclusions... oh well. Aggy gonna Aggy.

Delusional...

We shot ourselves in the foot over and over vs Arky. Haynes hits the wide open guys and runs for a lot of first downs on his own. We beat Arky by 10+ with him.
with Haynes this team is 5-0 and looking at 9-3 as a floor and 11-1 as a ceiling for the regular season.

Edited by TexasGolf
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There is growing buzz that a full on blowout to Bama will lead to multiple guys shutting down their seasons. Specifically, Spiller's family is not happy. Wedermeyer is pondering it. Leal as well. Green might too, because he's doing more damage for his NFL prospects by playing right now than by calling it a day. Not sure if these will be couched as injury issues or if it will even happen, but there's more to it than just fans bullshitting about it here. 

God, if that happened we'd reach saturation levels of schadenfreude around here. Between the Texags response and whatever Leon Oneal would have to say about it, it would be like the week we joined the SEC all over again.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There is growing buzz that a full on blowout to Bama will lead to multiple guys shutting down their seasons. Specifically, Spiller's family is not happy. Wedermeyer is pondering it. Leal as well. Green might too, because he's doing more damage for his NFL prospects by playing right now than by calling it a day. Not sure if these will be couched as injury issues or if it will even happen, but there's more to it than just fans bullshitting about it here. 

To this point, let's say they don't shut it down, but ATM staggers to a 7-5 record by beating Mizzou, PVATM, SCar, and then falls backwards into beating an Auburn or LSU coming off their own emotional highs from a prior game. I don't see most of the guys I just mentioned showing up for the bowl game. That's a 7-6 season. If they don't stumble into a SECW victory, that's a 6-6 team heading into bowl season. In Jimbo's 4th year, they face the very real prospect of a losing season having a chance of happening. Pretty hilarious. 

If you had to pick right now, would you take 10-3 (lose to BAMA, win out and win a bowl) or 5-7 (fail to beat one of Missouri or SCar)? How about 9-4 versus 6-7? 

I think the lower end outcomes are way more plausible than their upside alternatives.

I'm pretty sure Spiller is getting NFL advice from Footwork King. This is the guy that told Quartney Davis to leave early. 

FWK is on twitter constantly trying to sell Spiller to people like he did with Quartney Davis before he left early. I would not be shocked at all if Spiller opts out soon. 

Edited by texasstrong12

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

To this point, let's say they don't shut it down, but ATM staggers to a 7-5 record by beating Mizzou, PVATM, SCar, and then falls backwards into beating an Auburn or LSU coming off their own emotional highs from a prior game. I don't see most of the guys I just mentioned showing up for the bowl game. That's a 7-6 season. If they don't stumble into a SECW victory, that's a 6-6 team heading into bowl season. In Jimbo's 4th year, they face the very real prospect of a losing season having a chance of happening. Pretty hilarious. 

If you had to pick right now, would you take 10-3 (lose to BAMA, win out and win a bowl) or 5-7 (fail to beat one of Missouri or SCar)? How about 9-4 versus 6-7? 

I think the lower end outcomes are way more plausible than their upside alternatives.

close-curtain.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

12 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

God, if that happened we'd reach saturation levels of schadenfreude around here. Between the Texags response and whatever Leon Oneal would have to say about it, it would be like the week we joined the SEC all over again.

spacer.png

• Haha 1