Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

How have they not fired their AD?  You have the SEC media day’s debacle, extending Jimbo and then you have the state of the athletic department and being shitty in almost every sport?  On second thought, keep that idiot around forever!

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 2

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

5 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

If I’m Jimbo, I shut down the cheating yesterday.  Don’t give aggy any grounds for a cause termination. 

Good strategy in general, but the NIL rules might make it harder for aggy to drum up NCAA rules violations as for-cause termination.  Those kids are getting paid in all sorts of ways today that were illegal a couple years ago.

2 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Good strategy in general, but the NIL rules might make it harder for aggy to drum up NCAA rules violations as for-cause termination.  Those kids are getting paid in all sorts of ways today that were illegal a couple years ago.

True. But you still could have phony classes, tutoring scandals, workout time restrictions, whatever. 

9 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Thread title:  So, what are we drowning our sorrows with during Saturday's beatdown?

Some of the best responses (so far)

Boobies and beer (someone posted a pic earlier of Oktoberfest beer girls.)

Alabama Slammer

Been drinking tequila but might have to hit the hard stuff

Can we play this game in Colorado again?

• Hook 'Em 1

They need to stop hero worshipping coaches.  It is bizarre.  They did it with Fran, Sumlin and now Fisher.  Liucci builds them up as some unstoppable coaching force.  Until he knifes them in the back once the admin tells him they are about to be fired.

IMG_3397.JPG

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

They need to stop hero worshipping coaches.  It is bizarre.  They did it with Fran, Sumlin and now Fisher.  Liucci builds them up as some unstoppable coaching force.  Until he knifes them in the back once the admin tells him they are about to be fired.

It really is weird.

Arguably, Texas fans go overboard in the opposite direction, but I'd rather look at coaching prospects skeptically and let them convince me of their quality, than engage in bizarre hero worship that inevitably leads to massive disappointment and blood-letting.

7 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

IMG_3397.JPG

jesus deal with it GIF by South Park

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

It's cultural, and why they are the joke that they've been since 1940.

• Hook 'Em 1

In the 2000s, Texas A&M has not won even one outright division title. Their only division title is a co-title in 2010 when they didn't go to the Big 12 championship game. Not every conference has had a championship game every year, of course, so let's say that in a conference without a championship game if you finished outright 2nd or better then that's the equivalent of making the championship game in a conference with divisions.

List of schools with at least one P5 conference championship or outright runner-up finish/lost CG in the 2000s:

Alabama
Arizona
Arizona State
Arkansas
Auburn
Baylor
Boston College
California
Clemson
Colorado
Duke
Florida
Florida State
Georgia
Georgia Tech
Illinois
Iowa
Iowa State
Iowa State
Kansas State
LSU
Maryland
Miami (FL)
Michigan
Michigan State
Missouri
Nebraska
North Carolina
Northwestern
Notre Dame(!)
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Oregon
Oregon State (three-way co-champion 2000)
Penn State
Pittsburgh
Purdue (three-way co-champion 2000)
South Carolina
Stanford
TCU
Tennessee
Texas
UCLA
USC
Utah
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest
Washington
Washington State
Wisconsin

List of schools with one co-division or tied runner-up P5 finish in the 2000s:

Kansas (co-division 2007)
Louisville (co-division 2016)
Minnesota (co-division 2019)
Ole Miss (co-division 2003)
Texas A&M (co-division 2010)
Texas Tech (co-division 2008)
West Virginia (T2 2016)

List of current P5 schools with none in the 2000s:

Indiana
Kentucky
Mississippi State
North Carolina State
Rutgers (P5 since 2014)
Syracuse (P5 since 2013)
Vanderbilt

"But Huck, this information might make people think that Texas A&M isn't actually a college football power, not really a traditionally successful program, or even that all their talk about being great is just bullshit."

No, I take issue with that. It's not that it might make people think that, it's that it should make people realize that.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

IMG_3397.JPG

Hero worship is a core element of aggy culture. They are like little children in that respect.

"Sul Ross is my he-ro!"

"Johnny Football is my he-ro!"

"Jim Turner is my he-ro!"

"John Chavis is my he-ro!"

Wash, rinse, repeat.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

It really is weird.

Arguably, Texas fans go overboard in the opposite direction, but I'd rather look at coaching prospects skeptically and let them convince me of their quality, than engage in bizarre hero worship that inevitably leads to massive disappointment and blood-letting.

This right motherfucking here. I'm so thankful our fanbase doesn't put up with Tom Herman bullshit. That dude would have been given a 1000 year extension if he'd coached at aggy.

48 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

What I don't get is how there isn't someone, anyone with half a brain among the wealthy alums, admin or coaching staff who doesn't see that and think "WTF....   In this day and age of viral videos, that shit is embarrassing."    But then I remember what country, as a whole, we live in.