• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

10 minutes ago, Terry Silver said:

Now do World War win percentage. You know Patton couldn’t have won shit without Aggy.

The true timeline of aggy "military excellence" is :

The school was founded to teach young, white boys between the ages of 13 and 22 farming techniques that were being developed as the nation industrialized. Because farm boys in this age range were thought to have problems meeting the expectations of personal decorum, the "corps of cadets" was established to have a restrictive framework of discipline in place.

Not until 1904 did the War Department believe any "military tactics" taught at A&M were of any value. It was at this time the school quit takings kids as young as 13, and moved the minimum age to no younger than 18 (unless approved otherwise).

In 1916, Congress established ROTC. A&M updated their curriculum to align with the ROTC structure.

1934 - in Hamilton v Regents, the Supreme Court established Land Grant schools had no obligation to teach military tactics and that the U.S.military had no connections or association with fake military claims such as A&M had been trying to promote since its inception.

1941-1945 They put down their play swords and costumes, entered legitimate military service, and won WWII all by themselves.

Edited by Randolph Duke

17 minutes ago, 1leggedduck said:

This absolutely has to be a troll. No one who has any remote knowledge of college football, or even sports in general, could say this seriously. I'm curious about the "Duke"  in this poster's name. Is this a Randolph Duke sock?

Nope. I never post under any other name. If I have something to say, you won’t have to wonder if it’s me. 

The online troll Code of Honor is sacrosanct in my profession.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, 1leggedduck said:

This absolutely has to be a troll. No one who has any remote knowledge of college football, or even sports in general, could say this seriously. I'm curious about the "Duke"  in this poster's name. Is this a Randolph Duke sock?

Troll or not, we need to help get this trending and let the national audience discern trolls from aggy...

Damn, this could be a great game show plot.

37 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

if either of my kids wants to be a vet they can go to cornell or penn.  learn to work on them fancy dogs.

I have a good friend whose family are all Longhorns. He went to Cornell for undergrad and did as much of his vet degree as possible at other schools before finishing out at aggy. I have never seen him wear or display anything that has the aggy logo on it. He would not even be counted as part of the 2%. 

23 minutes ago, 1leggedduck said:

A quick googling indicates the Tech large animal vet school is in Amarillo. Is that better or worse than Lubbock? I'd venture to guess worse but it's been a long time since I've seen either other than from the window of an airplane.

Amarillo is bigger and a little bit nicer town. I just drove through both recently. 

18 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I really like Amarillo.  Also, it's an easy drive to Taos and a relatively easy drive to Aspen, Vail or Breck.

I assume you mean Breckenridge?

I once heard Sloan Thomas (helluva nice guy FWIW), after I asked him what he'd been up to over the holidays utter the phrase, "Bro, we totally crushed it on the slopes in Breck."  I couldn't help it, I said, "That is the whitest fucking sentence I've ever heard in my life."  We had a good laugh.  Only two good things about Amarillo IMO are the Seliger Family and its proximity to Palo Duro. 

On 10/5/2021 at 3:12 PM, Randolph Duke said:

Watching this makes me think aggy is fucked, because if Mississippi St could exploit the weaknesses of Leon and Calzada, teams with better athletes are going to crush A&M.

The first three plays pretty much show why Leon O'Neal isn't going to be playing at the next level. The rest of the session is a blueprint for how teams are going to crush aggy this year. A&M just looks horrible in this. It almost breaks my heart.

I advanced to the end to check out the safety that @Huckleberry referenced.  Damn.  RG/C/LG all got schooled, and Spiller wasn't exactly helpful.

It breaks your heart.

1 hour ago, 1leggedduck said:

A quick googling indicates the Tech large animal vet school is in Amarillo. Is that better or worse than Lubbock? I'd venture to guess worse but it's been a long time since I've seen either other than from the window of an airplane.

Amarillo is a LOT nicer; just try to find a decent restaurant in Lubbock……and Amarillo is a lot closer to Santa Fe and Taos and the joys of Colorado.  If Tech’s vet school is half as good as their medical school, tamu’s vet school will drop again in the international rankings.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zukster said:

My only rule, was my money was not going to Norman Oklahoma. If one of my kids wanted to suck, then they could pay for it.

Ive already come to the realization that most likely my daughter will be an aggy. She’s wanted to be a large animal vet as long as I can remember. She is a junior in high school now and I’ve already informed her that when the family comes to visit we will be wearing burnt orange. At least my sons got his head on straight. He is a junior in the aerospace engineering program at UT. 

Yikes.....   I'd pay for out of state tuition before aggy...   Several mentioned on this thread..

I know some folks who have kids who went here from Med and Vet schools...  And doing just fine in the profession with less debt .  Plus you can make it a Caribbean vacation to go see them.

https://www.sgu.edu/academic-programs/school-of-veterinary-medicine/

Amarillo is a LOT nicer; just try to find a decent restaurant in Lubbock……and Amarillo is a lot closer to Santa Fe and Taos and the joys of Colorado.  If Tech’s vet school is half as good as their medical school, tamu’s vet school will drop again in the international rankings.
Easy drive distance to northern NM or southern Colorado is literally the only perk of living in the Panhandle. It can be quite a big one if you're into skiing/boarding and or hiking though.

3 minutes ago, ousux said:
10 minutes ago, Horn Draoi said:

Easy drive distance to northern NM or southern Colorado is literally the only perk of living in the Panhandle. It can be quite a big one if you're into skiing/boarding and or hiking though.

Well, that and the cool mornings and evenings September through early June, and the lessened cost of living.  I don’t live in the old home place up there due to the damned wind.

• Like 1

I really can't fathom holding college tuition over your kid's head like that.  When both of my older kids graduated from high school their college fund was turned over to them with the caveat that it was the last support they would be receiving and they better make good use of it.  My oldest son tuned his into a Plan II degree from UT, Masters from Emory, and a law degree from Harvard.  My second oldest son tuned his into a PhD from aggy.  They're both very successful and made the choice that they felt was best for them and I'm extremely proud of them both.

• Hook 'Em 7

On 10/4/2021 at 3:07 PM, closetojumping said:

There is growing buzz that a full on blowout to Bama will lead to multiple guys shutting down their seasons. Specifically, Spiller's family is not happy. Wedermeyer is pondering it. Leal as well. Green might too, because he's doing more damage for his NFL prospects by playing right now than by calling it a day. Not sure if these will be couched as injury issues or if it will even happen, but there's more to it than just fans bullshitting about it here. 

To this point, let's say they don't shut it down, but ATM staggers to a 7-5 record by beating Mizzou, PVATM, SCar, and then falls backwards into beating an Auburn or LSU coming off their own emotional highs from a prior game. I don't see most of the guys I just mentioned showing up for the bowl game. That's a 7-6 season. If they don't stumble into a SECW victory, that's a 6-6 team heading into bowl season. In Jimbo's 4th year, they face the very real prospect of a losing season having a chance of happening. Pretty hilarious. 

If you had to pick right now, would you take 10-3 (lose to BAMA, win out and win a bowl) or 5-7 (fail to beat one of Missouri or SCar)? How about 9-4 versus 6-7? 

I think the lower end outcomes are way more plausible than their upside alternatives.

Circling back to this post with an update.

The aggie moderators have allegedly now become privy to the text chains in which players and recruits have discussed the notion of opting out of the rest of the season after this weekend. Specifically, the idea is that the goal for a lot of the 3rd and 4th year players with NFL hopes is to put good film together against Alabama so that NFL scouts have a clearer chance of seeing them perform. I guess that means we could, in fact, see the best the ATM team has to offer this weekend. Of course, the whole concept is founded in a quitter's mentality, so I'm struggling to see how the inspiration is sustainable through 4 quarters unless ATM jumps out early. 

I'm really intrigued to see whether or not the players are bullshitting/blowing hot air, or if this is actual the way some of these guys behave tomorrow. Either way, with the $9.95ers being aware, so are the coaches. How in the fuck do you even handle some of that shit once it's come to light? "Hey, you! You better not fucking quit on us tomorrow or ... or ... or ... we'll stop playing you the rest of the season!!!!" "Oh noes, coach, don't stop playing me after Bama. Please!"

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Zukster said:

My only rule, was my money was not going to Norman Oklahoma. If one of my kids wanted to suck, then they could pay for it.

Ive already come to the realization that most likely my daughter will be an aggy. She’s wanted to be a large animal vet as long as I can remember. She is a junior in high school now and I’ve already informed her that when the family comes to visit we will be wearing burnt orange. At least my sons got his head on straight. He is a junior in the aerospace engineering program at UT. 

Even IF she is hellbent on vet school at aggy, there is no good reason to go there for undergrad.

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Amarillo is bigger and a little bit nicer town. I just drove through both recently. 

Amarillo is not bigger than Lubbock.

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, Horn Draoi said:

Well, that and the cool mornings and evenings September through early June, and the lessened cost of living.  I don’t live in the old home place up there due to the damned wind.

We stopped in Amarillo for dinner on the way back from Colorado in August.  Ate outside around 9 pm.  It was damn pleasant.  

I really can't fathom holding college tuition over your kid's head like that.  When both of my older kids graduated from high school their college fund was turned over to them with the caveat that it was the last support they would be receiving and they better make good use of it.  My oldest son tuned his into a Plan II degree from UT, Masters from Emory, and a law degree from Harvard.  My second oldest son tuned his into a PhD from aggy.  They're both very successful and made the choice that they felt was best for them and I'm extremely proud of them both.
Most sane, rational people would talk shit early on, but cave in if their kid really wanted to go to cultU. aggy parents on the other hand are dead serious..aggy or nothing.
  • Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, ousux said:

Most sane, rational people would talk shit early on, but cave in if their kid really wanted to go to cultU. aggy parents on the other hand are dead serious..aggy or nothing.

My daughter ended up going to CultU, but I am proud to say that she was the ultimate 2 percenter -- she thought all of the aggy turditions were really stupid.  I also had my horns up when they played that ghastly aggy song at the convocation -- and I wasn't the only one doing that! 

3 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

I have a good friend whose family are all Longhorns. He went to Cornell for undergrad and did as much of his vet degree as possible at other schools before finishing out at aggy. I have never seen him wear or display anything that has the aggy logo on it. He would not even be counted as part of the 2%. 

andy-bernard-the-office.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, 1leggedduck said:

Tech has a good large animal vet school, no? I mean, I lived in Lubbock for 3 years. It made me appreciate most everywhere else I've been, but I survived. I never want the sun to set on me in College Station, the dumbest place in the world.

Lubbock, Brownsville, CS, and Waco - the armpits, asshole, and taint of Texas.

14 hours ago, Zukster said:

doesn't OU give a free ride to anybody who pretty much signs their name on the SAT form and gets a few questions right?  assuming the kid is smart, he/she could get a free ride.  but then, if they are that smart, they wouldn't go to OU.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

The aggie moderators have allegedly now become privy to the text chains in which players and recruits have discussed the notion of opting out of the rest of the season after this weekend. Specifically, the idea is that the goal for a lot of the 3rd and 4th year players with NFL hopes is to put good film together against Alabama so that NFL scouts have a clearer chance of seeing them perform. I guess that means we could, in fact, see the best the ATM team has to offer this weekend. Of course, the whole concept is founded in a quitter's mentality, so I'm struggling to see how the inspiration is sustainable through 4 quarters unless ATM jumps out early. 

I'm really intrigued to see whether or not the players are bullshitting/blowing hot air, or if this is actual the way some of these guys behave tomorrow. Either way, with the $9.95ers being aware, so are the coaches. How in the fuck do you even handle some of that shit once it's come to light? "Hey, you! You better not fucking quit on us tomorrow or ... or ... or ... we'll stop playing you the rest of the season!!!!" "Oh noes, coach, don't stop playing me after Bama. Please!"

2 reactions:

1) Trying to put together good highlight film for pro scouts does NOT lead to the conclusion that this may be the best team aggy can put on the field. In fact, quite the opposite. When players are playing for themselves, quite often the individual highlight is at the expense of team cohesion. That will be fun to watch if true. 
2) Bilbo is the second best corch in the entire dadgum country, dontchaknow?  I’m sure can can corch them through this crisis. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

varsity blues i dont want your life GIF

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

LOL if this was aggy's attempt to get ahead of the bad press on twitter regarding yell practice, they did a pretty shitty job. 

Just speculation, but yell leader Keller Cox sure does have a presentation which suggests that he might indeed like the Cox. He’s in the right place. 

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Why would recruits be on that text chain?

• Like 1

The problem with this plan is that the areas holding aggy back the most aren't the guys who would "up their play" for scouts tomorrow.

The guys on that oline and calzada aren't suffering from lack of effort, they're just not very good (or not very good yet, for some of the young oline who might be players later).

Maybe this works on defense and they play better, but they've not been awful on defense despite what Jimbo will tell you. They won at CO 10-7...defense isn't the issue.

I see too many problems in critical roles on their team that won't be improved by guys "showing out for scouts."

What's worse, if that's the mentality from the star players, those guys will completely fold once it's clear the game won't be competitive. Given Jimbo poked the bear with his "kick their ass" comments this summer, it will be interesting to see if Saban chooses to make a point once aggy gives up.

Grab some popcorn, this could get ugly.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nnm said:

My kids are all quite successful, and they were very clear that neither aggy nor BU were viable options if I were to pay tuition. It’s not about school rivalries. It’s that the culture of those schools is so depraved that I would not, under any circumstances, pay to have my children exposed to that culture or indoctrinated there. 

1eb8a76e327f44b48789e88bb1f8c4f5.gif

31 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

The problem with this plan is that the areas holding aggy back the most aren't the guys who would "up their play" for scouts tomorrow.

The guys on that oline and calzada aren't suffering from lack of effort, they're just not very good (or not very good yet, for some of the young oline who might be players later).

Maybe this works on defense and they play better, but they've not been awful on defense despite what Jimbo will tell you. They won at CO 10-7...defense isn't the issue.

I see too many problems in critical roles on their team that won't be improved by guys "showing out for scouts."

What's worse, if that's the mentality from the star players, those guys will completely fold once it's clear the game won't be competitive. Given Jimbo poked the bear with his "kick their ass" comments this summer, it will be interesting to see if Saban chooses to make a point once aggy gives up.

Grab some popcorn, this could get ugly.

The idea that aggy can turn it on tomorrow, against bama of all teams, is laughable. I just hope Saban is feeling ornery tomorrow and tries to drop 80 on those slapdicks for jimbo's "kick their ass" comment. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1