Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Circling back to this post with an update.

The aggie moderators have allegedly now become privy to the text chains in which players and recruits have discussed the notion of opting out of the rest of the season after this weekend. Specifically, the idea is that the goal for a lot of the 3rd and 4th year players with NFL hopes is to put good film together against Alabama so that NFL scouts have a clearer chance of seeing them perform. I guess that means we could, in fact, see the best the ATM team has to offer this weekend. Of course, the whole concept is founded in a quitter's mentality, so I'm struggling to see how the inspiration is sustainable through 4 quarters unless ATM jumps out early. 

I'm really intrigued to see whether or not the players are bullshitting/blowing hot air, or if this is actual the way some of these guys behave tomorrow. Either way, with the $9.95ers being aware, so are the coaches. How in the fuck do you even handle some of that shit once it's come to light? "Hey, you! You better not fucking quit on us tomorrow or ... or ... or ... we'll stop playing you the rest of the season!!!!" "Oh noes, coach, don't stop playing me after Bama. Please!"

So, we'll be able to notice that aggy is now giving the best they have to offer during the Bama game....got it!   Difference maker.....I don't think so Vern.

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

9 minutes ago, Blotto said:

The idea that aggy can turn it on tomorrow, against bama of all teams, is laughable. I just hope Saban is feeling ornery tomorrow and tries to drop 80 on those slapdicks for jimbo's "kick their ass" comment. 

Ha ha....If Saban was to put 80 on aggy....Jimbo would have his trailer loaded and leaving before they turn out the lights.

1 hour ago, nnm said:

My kids are all quite successful, and they were very clear that neither aggy nor BU were viable options if I were to pay tuition. It’s not about school rivalries. It’s that the culture of those schools is so depraved that I would not, under any circumstances, pay to have my children exposed to that culture or indoctrinated there. 

Well I guess that’s your right if you’re paying for it, but your going to have to stop forcing your decisions on them someday. if one one of your kids really wanted to go to aggy they’ll probably put you in an aggy old folks home when you get senile.

Just now, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Well I guess that’s your right if you’re paying for it, but your going to have to stop forcing your decisions on them someday. if one one of your kids really wanted to go to aggy they’ll probably put you in an aggy old folks home when you get senile.

I didn’t force my decisions on anyone. I also wouldn’t pay for them to go to stripper school (a real thing) or to major in Cannabis Cultivation at Oaksterdam University (another real thing). If they had chosen those paths (they didn’t), they had the freedom to follow their dreams. Just not on my dime. 
If any of them had chosen aggy for grad school (they didn’t), I probably would have paid for that. Their brains are fully formed at that point, and I wouldn’t be as worried about the culture. 

Another factor against aggy:  I’m not an advocate of any big state U for undergrad. All 3 went to smaller private schools with a much better student-teacher ratio, where the focus is on education, not research dollars.

And there’s no doubt I’m going to a care facility at some point. My dad just died of Alzheimer’s, my uncle (his brother) has it, and their dad (my granddad) also died of it.  Given that all 3 of my kids now understand the bizarreness of aggy, I’m quite confident that I will not be in CS when that day comes. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Here’s the full Tarp post.. SIAP 

Spoiler

They're a lot more on edge this week. I don't know if that means that they will come out and play with a chip on their shoulder tomorrow night or not.

In talking to people, I do get the sense that if they don't start playing better the casualty list will go up and that injured players will be loathe to get back on the field.

In addition, I'm not sure how fast everyone is ready to get Haynes King back onto the field. As of right now, they couldn't protect him and the WR corps wouldn't be doing him any favors. I think that certain conditions have to be met for them to do so...one is the protection has to be better than it's been and that some of the vet WRs start to return to help him out.

If A&M keeps having a pressure rate near 35% (second worst in the SEC) and a drop rate of over 10% (fourth worst in the league), why would you put him at risk?

• Hook 'Em 3

44 minutes ago, Fud said:

Here’s the full Tarp post.. SIAP 

Hide contents

They're a lot more on edge this week. I don't know if that means that they will come out and play with a chip on their shoulder tomorrow night or not.

In talking to people, I do get the sense that if they don't start playing better the casualty list will go up and that injured players will be loathe to get back on the field.

In addition, I'm not sure how fast everyone is ready to get Haynes King back onto the field. As of right now, they couldn't protect him and the WR corps wouldn't be doing him any favors. I think that certain conditions have to be met for them to do so...one is the protection has to be better than it's been and that some of the vet WRs start to return to help him out.

If A&M keeps having a pressure rate near 35% (second worst in the SEC) and a drop rate of over 10% (fourth worst in the league), why would you put him at risk?

I like how Tarp casually dropped that in there. As if  the team playing well or poorly has any bearing on how many players get "injured" in a well functioning program. Would be curious to know what his readers thought of this serious bit of information...

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Circling back to this post with an update.

The aggie moderators have allegedly now become privy to the text chains in which players and recruits have discussed the notion of opting out of the rest of the season after this weekend. Specifically, the idea is that the goal for a lot of the 3rd and 4th year players with NFL hopes is to put good film together against Alabama so that NFL scouts have a clearer chance of seeing them perform. I guess that means we could, in fact, see the best the ATM team has to offer this weekend. Of course, the whole concept is founded in a quitter's mentality, so I'm struggling to see how the inspiration is sustainable through 4 quarters unless ATM jumps out early. 

I'm really intrigued to see whether or not the players are bullshitting/blowing hot air, or if this is actual the way some of these guys behave tomorrow. Either way, with the $9.95ers being aware, so are the coaches. How in the fuck do you even handle some of that shit once it's come to light? "Hey, you! You better not fucking quit on us tomorrow or ... or ... or ... we'll stop playing you the rest of the season!!!!" "Oh noes, coach, don't stop playing me after Bama. Please!"

It seems like this could be devastating for team cohesion if everyone is trying to get a film of himself as an individual. Sounds like you'd go from  "do your job and count on the team effort" to "I ain't blocking for the linebackers anymore. I'm going in!"

Chaos ensues. 

Although, I guess team cohesion is largely diminished in the first place with teams that quit. I'm sure the guys from Jersey are Aggies to the core and will pull their comrades together!

spacer.png

Frankly, as much as I dislike red-ass Aggies, I don't think I want to see a team from anywhere completely disintegrate. Crushed? Sure. Quitting on their teammates? Sad.

If it does have to happen, let it begin with them.

Edit to add:  nnm beat me to it. Well done.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

So, we'll be able to notice that aggy is now giving the best they have to offer during the Bama game....got it!   Difference maker.....I don't think so Vern.

It's probably all part of Jimbo's plan.  After the year aggy had last year vs blow shit sec teams, he knew the crazy expectations aggy would have for this season.  And being a huge surly fan, he's well aware aggy hasn't had back to back conference winning  seasons in 20 years.  So how to take the money and run...

Get more money....

Reveal your new qb that throws more picks than tds...  

If he goes down, showcase your backup QB who has more seasons with the team, who besides sucks worse, doesn't know a single play we run...

They should figure out on their own that even with my back to back, back to back, highly ranked recruiting classes, we are worse off than when I took over...

Hmm, this aggy, might need more.  Figure out how to get the little bit of experienced talent we have left quit the team halfway through the season...   Yeah, get a little bug in their head to save themselves for the next level... 

Now to make sure we get mudholed even if some of them decide to play inspired.  Time to piss off Saban...  "Saban's my bitch!" 

They're too aggy to catch on... Unless I let one in my house and they realize everything is already packed...  That should get me ran out of town at the whistle of the final game.  9 a year for the next 9 years...   Profit

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I gotta admit, watching Calzone or a half lame King trying to stay upright and complete a forward pass in a playoff game would be quality entertainment. Not to mention a hyper, screaming munchkin stalking the sidelines while the milkmen try to keep the cult engaged while corp turds squeeze their tiny almonds. Thats made for primetime right there.

Lol, some of those midnight yell videos reminded me of when my older brother went to aggy a year ahead of me. My senior year of HS I went down to visit him and he was all red assed about taking me to midnight hell and showing me what aggy land was all about. I left that event feeling so awkward and weirded out by the whole thing, even though I tried to be a good sport about it for my brother. 

The best part is the game was against tech and Leach wiped his ass with their defense. I actually had a pretty good time watching the game with the rest of the corp turds. 

Edited by Etexhorn13
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 10/8/2021 at 12:25 AM, ElChupacabra said:

Tech is getting a vet school or worst case scenario she goes to Okie Lite. Years of either would be better than visiting your daughter on campus even one time in aggyland.

On 10/8/2021 at 12:46 AM, wood said:

I cannot even begin to fathom the horror of such a grim scenario ...

19 hours ago, nnm said:

My kids are all quite successful, and they were very clear that neither aggy nor BU were viable options if I were to pay tuition. It’s not about school rivalries. It’s that the culture of those schools is so depraved that I would not, under any circumstances, pay to have my children exposed to that culture or indoctrinated there. 

17 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Being in Houston, I understand how nnn feels about sending your kid to aggy. However, as a father of a daughter the most terrifying scenario is my daughter coming home with a genuine, full blown, red ass aggy, of whom's bullshit I have to deal with for the rest of my life. Then him passing on his aggy indoctrination to my grandchildren. Without CRing up the football board too much, supporting and sending your kids to aggy has turned into some type of weird political stance for a certain type of Texan. It's supposed to be an institution of higher learning, not a place for people to send their kids with like minded world views, but that's what aggy has turned it into.

My daughter is Black, White, and Asian. 5'9(at 13), and a volleyball player. You can imagine she is very beautiful. She dressed as Moana when we went to Disney for Halloween and the younger kids thought she was her. They were asking to take pics with her. It is a tradition at her school(8th grade) for the boys to ask the girls to the homecoming game. She was asked by a kid who later mysteriously "wasn't allowed to go". His parents are aggy.

Aggy being seen as a pseudo last bastion of "Old Texas", coupled with their already weird customs is something this father hopes to distance himself from. Imagine sitting across the dinner table from these parents. I could only imagine the shit they would say. My wife would have to stop me from taking a swing at them.

Edited by Thatguy
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

I love that their weirdness is finally being figured out by the public at large.  Why did it take the rest so long since they been SEC for ten years now?

Add:  I would love to see a high profile recruit snub them and publicly state it was this very weirdness that they like to call tradition that turned him off signing with aggy.  Those goobers wouldn’t take it as a learning opportunity to tune down the weirdness.. they would double down and get even more weird.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I love that their weirdness is finally being figured out by the public at large.  Why did it take the rest so long since they been SEC for ten years now?

Add:  I would love to see a high profile recruit snub them and publicly state it was this very weirdness that they like to call tradition that turned him off signing with aggy.  Those goobers wouldn’t take it as a learning opportunity to tune down the weirdness.. they would double down and get even more weird.

It's been two years and not a single aggy has won a dime in my $1,000,000 "aggy yell leader" sweepstakes.

yell leader contest jpg.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

I didn’t want to put this in Scorpio’s joke thread, so…

I think last night’s aggy win is perfect cover for Scott Woodward to do what he’s wanted all along, and poach Jimbo from the sheep fuckers. Orgeron is done in Baton Rouge. It’s clear 2019 was all Burrow and Joe Brady. Coach O has reverted to form, and Woodward has absolutely no allegiance to him. But he does have a preexisting relationship with Fisher, and importantly, negotiated the ridiculous deal that allows Fisher to leave The Station (it’s lit!) with no buyout. Yes, he will have to pay him in the neighborhood of $11M a year, but LSU won’t have to fork over the typical hefty amount to get a guy out of his contract.

All Woodward needed was for a couple things to happen: Orgeron had to keep proving he sucks as HC (he has done so) and Fisher needed to win enough to be appealing to the LSU money men. The losses to Arkansas and Mississippi State seemed to make the scenario untenable, but beating Alabama/Saban has put the plan back front and center. Fisher has the excuse Calzada was still inexperienced in the previous two losses.

As Thamel noted in his recent article, Woodward loves the “splash hire.” Jimbo would be that, breaking aggy hearts. And I think he’d jump to Baton Rouge in a heartbeat, where he could still recruit Texas talent, have a leg up on Louisiana kids, and where there would be no doubt he’s heading the preeminent program in the state.