Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

Why the fuck would Jimbo go to LSU where he’s actually be expected to win ? He’s never going to be criticized again by aggy bc he called his shot against Saban and won. That’s like telling yourself Riley’s going to the Cowboys every year. We will never get that lucky. 

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

I didn’t want to put this in Scorpio’s joke thread, so…
I think last night’s aggy win is perfect cover for Scott Woodward to do what he’s wanted all along, and poach Jimbo from the sheep fuckers. Orgeron is done in Baton Rouge. It’s clear 2019 was all Burrow and Joe Brady. Coach O has reverted to form, and Woodward has absolutely no allegiance to him. But he does have a preexisting relationship with Fisher, and importantly, negotiated the ridiculous deal that allows Fisher to leave The Station (it’s lit!) with no buyout. Yes, he will have to pay him in the neighborhood of $11M a year, but LSU won’t have to fork over the typical hefty amount to get a guy out of his contract.
All Woodward needed was for a couple things to happen: Orgeron had to keep proving he sucks as HC (he has done so) and Fisher needed to win enough to be appealing to the LSU money men. The losses to Arkansas and Mississippi State seemed to make the scenario untenable, but beating Alabama/Saban has put the plan back front and center. Fisher has the excuse Calzada was still inexperienced in the previous two losses.
As Thamel noted in his recent article, Woodward loves the “splash hire.” Jimbo would be that, breaking aggy hearts. And I think he’d jump to Baton Rouge in a heartbeat, where he could still recruit Texas talent, have a leg up on Louisiana kids, and where there would be no doubt he’s heading the preeminent program in the state. 
While that would be good lulz for us and the rest of the CFB world, I'd much rather compete with Jimbo recruiting kids to the station vs LSU..who already has a virtual lock on in state blue chippers.

Helluva win and a wild time in CS last night, I'm sure. But Bama probably wins out and Georgia gets the first SEC non-playoff bowl spot.
Speaking of wild time, PETA may want to have representatives on hand any time aggy has a chance to win a big game. They can be excused for not thinking about last night, but sheep have rights too.
  • Haha 1

Once TX and OU join the conference, I am sure the SEC administrators are going to give zero fucks to any sort of preferential treatment for these dorks. Not that they gave much to begin with, but they did let them dodge us in bowls a few times. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32382327/texas-aggies-fined-100000-sec-fans-storming-field

Texas A&M Aggies fined $100,000 by SEC for fans storming the field

Texas A&M has been fined $100,000 by the Southeastern Conference for violating the policy on fans entering the field of play, it was announced Monday.

Aggies fans stormed Kyle Field after kicker Seth Small's game-winning field goal sealed a 41-38 upset win over then-No. 1 Alabama on Saturday night. The kick split the uprights just as the clock hit zero and prompted an onslaught of fans to spill onto the field.

In a statement, the SEC said this was A&M's second offense of the policy after fans also entered the field in 2018 following a seven-overtime win over then-No.7 LSU. At the time, the school was fined $50,000 and was warned that future offenses would double the fine.

According to conference's policy, if A&M fans were to storm the field again, the fine would be bumped up to $250,000.

Earlier this season, the SEC fined Kentucky $250,000 for storming the field after their win over Florida. It was the Wildcats' third violation of the policy since 2014.

The SEC's policy regarding fans storming the field was instituted in 2004.

22 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Once TX and OU join the conference, I am sure the SEC administrators are going to give zero fucks to any sort of preferential treatment for these dorks. Not that they gave much to begin with, but they did let them dodge us in bowls a few times. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32382327/texas-aggies-fined-100000-sec-fans-storming-field

Texas A&M has been fined $100,000 by the Southeastern Conference for violating the policy on fans entering the field of play, it was announced Monday.

Aggies fans stormed Kyle Field after kicker Seth Small's game-winning field goal sealed a 41-38 upset win over then-No. 1 Alabama on Saturday night. The kick split the uprights just as the clock hit zero and prompted an onslaught of fans to spill onto the field.

In a statement, the SEC said this was A&M's second offense of the policy after fans also entered the field in 2018 following a seven-overtime win over then-No.7 LSU. At the time, the school was fined $50,000 and was warned that future offenses would double the fine.

According to conference's policy, if A&M fans were to storm the field again, the fine would be bumped up to $250,000.

Earlier this season, the SEC fined Kentucky $250,000 for storming the field after their win over Florida. It was the Wildcats' third violation of the policy since 2014.

I remember storming pyle field after beating them in the last SWC game.   epic !

• Hook 'Em 2

48 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

This is gonna be the greatest week of all time of peak delusional aggy posts. Sit back and enjoy. When they lose 2-3 more games(and they will) and they start trying to figure out how this happened after bama or completely ignore the 4-5 loss season and keep talking about “the kick” instead.

They'll be crowing about that game 7 years from now when they're in the midst of yet another 7 game losing streak to Bama with zero SEC title to show for it. Nothing will change.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 10/8/2021 at 12:31 PM, closetojumping said:

Circling back to this post with an update.

The aggie moderators have allegedly now become privy to the text chains in which players and recruits have discussed the notion of opting out of the rest of the season after this weekend. Specifically, the idea is that the goal for a lot of the 3rd and 4th year players with NFL hopes is to put good film together against Alabama so that NFL scouts have a clearer chance of seeing them perform. I guess that means we could, in fact, see the best the ATM team has to offer this weekend. Of course, the whole concept is founded in a quitter's mentality, so I'm struggling to see how the inspiration is sustainable through 4 quarters unless ATM jumps out early. 

I'm really intrigued to see whether or not the players are bullshitting/blowing hot air, or if this is actual the way some of these guys behave tomorrow. Either way, with the $9.95ers being aware, so are the coaches. How in the fuck do you even handle some of that shit once it's come to light? "Hey, you! You better not fucking quit on us tomorrow or ... or ... or ... we'll stop playing you the rest of the season!!!!" "Oh noes, coach, don't stop playing me after Bama. Please!"

This is interesting. I would have laughed if I read this on Friday, but now it makes sense. Be interesting to see what happens in the back half of their season. 

On 10/11/2021 at 3:22 PM, Vertigo said:

Why did the Corps kids not draw swords and defend the sacred field/grass? 

Why did the Corps kids not draw swords and defend the sacred field/grass? 
That reminds me..first time we beat aggy at pyle field the team needs to celebrate on the ass to mouth logo on the 50. I'd love to see those sword waving dorks try to break that up..

On 10/11/2021 at 6:02 PM, Sir Ulrich said:

Pete Thamel on Finebaum today talked extensively about the impending LSU opening and the only option they talked about at length was Jimbo. Said it wouldn't come down to money just preference for Jimbo. 

But did he mention aggy's gentlemen's agreement with LSU not to hire their coach?

• Haha 3

Is this going to be another year where aggy's win means nothing in the end? The last time they beat Bama, they still got to the SEC title game, won and then beat ND for a back to back national championship. Could easily happen again this year. Curious to see how both of those teams play this week. aggy coming off a big high and Bama at rock bottom losing to aggy. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Thatguy said:

I don't know about you guys but the fact that we are going to get to see aggy disappointment twice this season has me all kinds of kiddy. There is no better scenario for us to enjoy.

Makes me giddy just thinking about it. 

Edited by nnm

These mother fuckers still haven't played 1 true road game, yet. I see a future where they will play both at Norman and Austin in the 1st year of the new SEC, and they will bitch about how unfair it all is.
They cant even bitch about us never having to go to Norman since they play piggy in the deathstar.

Pete Thamel on Finebaum today talked extensively about the impending LSU opening and the only option they talked about at length was Jimbo. Said it wouldn't come down to money just preference for Jimbo. 

He has about 87 million more dollars guaranteed from aggy. He’s not going anywhere. And LSU can’t match that.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Is this going to be another year where aggy's win means nothing in the end? The last time they beat Bama, they still got to the SEC title game, won and then beat ND for a back to back national championship. Could easily happen again this year. Curious to see how both of those teams play this week. aggy coming off a big high and Bama at rock bottom losing to aggy. 

aggy has a higher chance of crashing  …. Much higher than Bama playing like crap again for the second week in a row. I refuse to believe if Bama played aggy again this week in the same environment , they would lose the way they did.  

This is the worst most unreadable forum on the entire internet. I shouldn’t be surprised given the low level mouth breathers that inhabit this place. Who is in charge of this slow-ass late 90’s unreadable bbs? More stupid fucking ads than intelligent comments. You make Tigerdroppings look state of the art. Typical. 

• Fuck You 45

6 minutes ago, 40AcresRhome said:

This is the worst most unreadable forum on the entire internet. I shouldn’t be surprised given the low level mouth breathers that inhabit this place. Who is in charge of this slow-ass late 90’s unreadable bbs? More stupid fucking ads than intelligent comments. You make Tigerdroppings look state of the art. Typical. 

I hope you inherit AIDS from your sheep fucking legacy grandfather. In case that doesn't do it for you - bask in what everyone here was alive to witness. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1