• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

4 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Obviously can still happen. That said either Bjork’s getting played and will be blindsided or he’s really getting out of his skis and will really regret his words. The kind of emphatic statement you regret. 

But we had an agreement. An agreement!

4 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

AD Bjork went on Finebaum yesterday and shot down LSU pretty hard. “Fascinating that he’s still being talked about for an open job…I talk to Jimbo all the time. Jimbo is locked in. He’s going to be here for a long time… Jimbo tells me this is crazy, I’m an Aggie.l

Obviously can still happen. That said either Bjork’s getting played and will be blindsided or he’s really getting out of his skis and will really regret his words. The kind of emphatic statement you regret. 

That's because he has a gentlemen's agreement with LSU.

Good God I hope Auburn puts them in their place.  I can't handle the roller coaster rise anymore; I'm ready for the collapse.

Some interesting things about their schedule this year.  Below is the Sagarin ranking (yes, I know) of the teams they've played this year.

96 (home)

102 (neutral)

133 (home)

36 Arky (neutral)

32 MSU (home)

2 Bama (home)

89 only true road game @ Mizzou.

82 (home)

In the Arky game (neutral), they were outgained 443 - 227.

In the MSU game (home), they were outgained 438-297.

In the Bama game (home), they were outgained 522-379.

One lucky ass game has made their entire season.  

Edited by Knoxtnhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Feinbaum made a surprise appearance on the $ec network pregame from Chernobyl on the Brazos.

He came out … a la Corso …in an ice cream man suit picking aggy to beat Auburn.  I think he’s found his niche.

Love to see Auburn beat aggy.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Thanks. The buyout they are talking about is the fired buyout not the buyout to get hired away. That buyout is usually around $5-10 million at the highest and by all accounts JImbo still owes aggy nothing to leave. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Thanks. The buyout they are talking about is the fired buyout not the buyout to get hired away. That buyout is usually around $5-10 million at the highest and by all accounts JImbo still owes aggy nothing to leave. 

Yea I just read another article that explained that, I fell for the clickbait and didn’t read thru that one.  My bad. Wow they are dumb. 

Sportico just released a new database of collegiate financials. They are using DOE numbers that haven't been updated since the pandemic, but I am sure the DOE will get their shit together and start actually doing their jobs again soon. The database is somewhat interactive. Here is the comp between aggy and Texas. If you go to the database you can get much more info. https://www.sportico.com/business/commerce/2021/college-sports-finances-database-intercollegiate-1234646029/

sportico aggy texas comp.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

This shows just how aggy lacks any national relevance whatsoever.  If you take out their donations - which are mostly driven by a handful of people who only have money because grandpa's land has oil under it - they drop even further down the rankings.  3 factors are working against them going forward: those oil donors know their days of being wealthy are numbered, aggy has really shot their wad donation-wise on a coach who is about to bail and a stadium that's universally deemed one of the worst in the country, and the fact that the remainder of their graduate base skew to the dramatically low-end side of the earning scale. 

This also doesn't even take in to account the fact that us joining the SEC brings a huge TV base in Texas that aggy was supposedly supposed to be bringing with them a decade ago.  You have to think the other current SEC west teams are sick of giving them an equal payout and having their LOWEST TV rated conference game be vs. aggy year after year after year.   

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Sportico just released a new database of collegiate financials. They are using DOE numbers that haven't been updated since the pandemic, but I am sure the DOE will get their shit together and start actually doing their jobs again soon. The database is somewhat interactive. Here is the comp between aggy and Texas. If you go to the database you can get much more info. https://www.sportico.com/business/commerce/2021/college-sports-finances-database-intercollegiate-1234646029/

sportico aggy texas comp.jpeg

Ah, knew you weren’t really gone! How did your conference with the midget Eltife go?

1 hour ago, LonghornLurker said:

Ah, knew you weren’t really gone! How did your conference with the midget Eltife go?

I didn't say I was going to be gone. I said I've given up on this incarnation of UT football.

It's a horrible product and the people responsible (Eltife) need to be kept in mind. Eltife wanted to be the big man (see what I did there?) and run the show. He's in over his head. Sark is not the man to run the program, the next two years are going to be purgatory for UT football fans, and I'm going to sit this debacle out.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

I didn't say I was going to be gone. I said I've given up on this incarnation of UT football.

It's a horrible product and the people responsible (Eltife) need to be kept in mind. Eltife wanted to be the big man (see what I did there?) and run the show. He's in over his head. Sark is not the man to run the program, the next two years are going to be purgatory for UT football fans, and I'm going to sit this debacle out.

Good plan. It'll save on blood pressure meds. Bad golf is easier to stomach.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, ermahgerdhorn said:

This shows just how aggy lacks any national relevance whatsoever.  If you take out their donations - which are mostly driven by a handful of people who only have money because grandpa's land has oil under it - they drop even further down the rankings.  3 factors are working against them going forward: those oil donors know their days of being wealthy are numbered, aggy has really shot their wad donation-wise on a coach who is about to bail and a stadium that's universally deemed one of the worst in the country, and the fact that the remainder of their graduate base skew to the dramatically low-end side of the earning scale. 

This also doesn't even take in to account the fact that us joining the SEC brings a huge TV base in Texas that aggy was supposedly supposed to be bringing with them a decade ago.  You have to think the other current SEC west teams are sick of giving them an equal payout and having their LOWEST TV rated conference game be vs. aggy year after year after year.   

Clay Travis' laughable premise that SECN revenues would make second-tier programs such as Mississippi St or aggy financial powerhouses with operating revenues greater than Notre Dame, Texas, etc is something that could only be believed by ignorant rubes. Which is why aggys swallowed it hook, line, and sinker. The entire "aggy athletics is a financial powerhouse" fairy tale was driven by their capital campaign, not by operating revenues. Most aggys were never taught how to read a balance sheet, so they have no idea how capital contributions and operating revenues differ. Fuck them. It's not as if balance sheets are the only things aggys were never taught about.

As for "aggy national relevance," attached is a link to the Billingsley Report's top 200 teams of all time.  Quoting the report, "This list is compiled from all 13,793 teams who have been ranked since 1869, not just National Champions." https://enc.cfrc.com/archives/Top_200_2020.htm

Whatever one thinks of the Billingsley Report, I mention it because it is the source of aggy's magically produced "retroactive national championships." If aggy wants to tout the value of the Billingsley report in determining "retroactive national championships," let them also tout the Billingsley Report's top 200 teams of all time.

Not a single team in aggy football history qualified for Billingsley Report's top 200 teams of all times. That pretty much clarifies where A&M football stands in the world of college football. Their "greatness" simply doesn't move the needle. Not "Johnny Football," not King Gill, not John David Crow. Not the "Wrecking Crew," not any team. In the history of their program.

Notice the teams listed. Then notice the teams that are listed repeatedly. Those are the programs that built the sport of college football. Those are the top-tier teams in the sport.

Edited by Randolph Duke

4 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

As for "aggy national relevance," attached is a link to the Billingsley Report's top 200 teams of all time.  Quoting the report, "This list is compiled from all 13,793 teams who have been ranked since 1869, not just National Champions." https://enc.cfrc.com/archives/Top_200_2020.htm

Whatever one thinks of the Billingsley Report, I mention it because it is the source of aggy's magically produced "retroactive national championships."

How many national championships should Texas Football claim based on this report?

I've seen anywhere from 7 to 9. Why not? We'll be just like our SEC brethren. 

2 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

How many national championships should Texas Football claim based on this report?

I've seen anywhere from 7 to 9. Why not? We'll be just like our SEC brethren. 

We should claim the four that have been awarded by contemporaneous nationally recognized pollsters. The issue with aggy claiming their "retroactive championships" is the Billingsley Report fails to take into account the game of college football wasn't a national sport at the time of the claimed championships. The S!E!C! wasn't founded until 1933. Its founding helped standardize the rules of the game. When teams play only regional opponents and play under rules that differ between regions, there is not legitimate way to compare teams from various regions. Remember, during the seasons aggy claims their "retroactive national championships," the Southwest Conference didn't allow post-season play, which is why aggy had to decline the challenge from Tennessee as explained in the clip below.

Only after college football became a national sport could a national champion be crowned. Except in College Station, those fucks are so deep in "fairy tale greatness" they have no clue about the actual facts surrounding their claimed championships.

By the way, has anyone else noticed how suddenly no one is writing letters about being a visiting fan to Kyle Field and experiencing a magical epiphany of what superior human beings aggys supposedly are? Isn't it odd that all of a sudden those "spontaneous and legitimate" letters are no longer written by anyone when individuals from every corner of the nation were writing them not long ago. lol.

aggy decline 1927.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

. . . .

Whatever one thinks of the Billingsley Report, I mention it because it is the source of aggy's magically produced "retroactive national championships." If aggy wants to tout the value of the Billingsley report in determining "retroactive national championships," let them also tout the Billingsley Report's top 200 teams of all time.

Not a single team in aggy football history qualified for Billingsley Report's top 200 teams of all times. That pretty much clarifies where A&M football stands in the world of college football. Their "greatness" simply doesn't move the needle. Not "Johnny Football," not King Gill, not John David Crow. Not the "Wrecking Crew," not any team. In the history of their program.

Notice the teams listed. Then notice the teams that are listed repeatedly. Those are the programs that built the sport of college football. Those are the top-tier teams in the sport.

There are 14 teams from the state of Texas on that list.  11 from UT.  2 from TCU.  1 from UH.

No aggy.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, nnm said:

There are 14 teams from the state of Texas on that list.  11 from UT.  2 from TCU.  1 from UH.

No aggy.

We are seeing the greatest period in both the history of aggy football and also in aggy athletics as a whole. Not a single aggy men's program won a NCAA national title until their golf team in 2009 (correct me if I got the year wrong). The school only has 13 NCAA national titles in total and all but one or two have come over the past 15 years.

As for the aggy football team, by all objectives measures, Kevin Sumlin would be their greatest coach ever. Heisman Trophy, first top-5 finish in well over half a century, first coach in program history to win three consecutive bowl games. These are high times for aggy football.

Yet, not a single team of the greatest era in aggy program history would even be remotely considered for that top-200 list. In fact even through the greatest period in program history, it has been over 20 years since aggy football scratched out a winning record in conference play two years in a row. Myles Garrett, possibly the greatest aggy d-lineman in program history never played on a team with a winning record in conference play, let alone competed for anything of significance. The greatest era in aggy program history and not ever in contention to win a single conference title. That amazes me.

One of the things that amazes me about aggy athletics is how aggy doesn't have an NCAA gun sport program. Only knowing how fucked aggy is as an institution makes the fact A&M doesn't compete in NCAA gun sports understandable.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

We are seeing the greatest period in both the history of aggy football and also in aggy athletics as a whole. Not a single aggy men's program won a NCAA national title until their golf team in 2009 (correct me if I got the year wrong). The school only has 13 NCAA national titles in total and all but one or two have come over the past 15 years.

As for the aggy football team, by all objectives measures, Kevin Sumlin would be their greatest coach ever. Heisman Trophy, first top-5 finish in well over half a century, first coach in program history to win three consecutive bowl games. These are high times for aggy football.

Yet, not a single team of the greatest era in aggy program history would even be remotely considered for that top-200 list. In fact even through the greatest period in program history, it has been over 20 years since aggy football scratched out a winning record in conference play two years in a row. Myles Garrett, possibly the greatest aggy d-lineman in program history never played on a team with a winning record in conference play, let alone competed for anything of significance. The greatest era in aggy program history and not ever in contention to win a single conference title. That amazes me.

One of the things that amazes me about aggy athletics is how aggy doesn't have an NCAA gun sport program. Only knowing how fucked aggy is as an institution makes the fact A&M doesn't compete in NCAA gun sports understandable.

But they beat Bama twice, dontchaknow?  Advantage aggy, stoopid sip. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, TriStone said:

"I officially abandon UT athletics."
"Texas sucks."
"Texas sucks. End of story."
"I'm walking away."

Don't lie about what you said, clown.

Have you been paying attention to UT football this season? You don’t think the product Sark has delivered sucks? I sure do and I’m certainly not denying it. 

News flash, amigo - it’s going to get a lot worse before it ever gets any better. That much should be obvious. 

I have zero confidence in Steve Sarkisian. Zero. Highly problematic is the fact the regent who insisted he knew what he was going when he had Herman fired and who largely is responsible for the Sarkisian debacle will never be held accountable for his incompetence and will be given every opportunity to screw up the next hiring, also. 

That’s one of the major problems with UT football. 

Im not sure how you interpret this sentiment as my lying about what I said. How anyone could not have understood after the OU game that UT football is lousy. It deserves laughter, ridicule, and mockery. Sarkisian is way in over his head, the program has incompetence at the highest levels, and I can find no reason why anyone who understands the game of college football expects anything other than a complete shitshow for the foreseeable future. 

How you interpret my opinion as a complete excoriation of the program that I am certainly not walking away from mystifies me. 

Now, enough about Texas football. There are reasons to believe other school sports can deliver a quality live sports entertainment product. I have completely separated myself from UT football other than to laugh at the incompetence and to shake my head at how educated people can’t see how bad the product Sarkisian has delivered is.

• Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

Have you been paying attention to UT football this season? You don’t think the product Sark has delivered sucks? I sure do and I’m certainly not denying it. 

News flash, amigo - it’s going to get a lot worse before it ever gets any better. That much should be obvious. 

I have zero confidence in Steve Sarkisian. Zero. Highly problematic is the fact the regent who insisted he knew what he was going when he had Herman fired and who largely is responsible for the Sarkisian debacle will never be held accountable for his incompetence and will be given every opportunity to screw up the next hiring, also. 

That’s one of the major problems with UT football. 

Im not sure how you interpret this sentiment as my lying about what I said. How anyone could not have understood after the OU game that UT football is lousy. It deserves laughter, ridicule, and mockery. Sarkisian is way in over his head, the program has incompetence at the highest levels, and I can find no reason why anyone who understands the game of college football expects anything other than a complete shitshow for the foreseeable future. 

How you interpret my opinion as a complete excoriation of the program that I am certainly not walking away from mystifies me. 

Now, enough about Texas football. There are reasons to believe other school sports can deliver a quality live sports entertainment product. I have completely separated myself from UT football other than to laugh at the incompetence and to shake my head at how educated people can’t see how bad the product Sarkisian has delivered is.

tl;dr.  Back on ignore.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/11/2021 at 2:16 PM, Randolph Duke said:

The fact is that aggy is at best a mediocre G5 football program.  Their shitty facilities, history, recruiting, and donor base all fit in better in a G5 conference than real college football.  That never happened because they rode our coattails for a century and then lucked out with their SEC move.  With us moving to the SEC and the climate changing I'd venture aggy is pushed down to a G5 conference within the next 10 years.

10 minutes ago, ermahgerdhorn said:

The fact is that aggy is at best a mediocre G5 football program.  Their shitty facilities, history, recruiting, and donor base all fit in better in a G5 conference than real college football.  That never happened because they rode our coattails for a century and then lucked out with their SEC move.  With us moving to the SEC and the climate changing I'd venture aggy is pushed down to a G5 conference within the next 10 years.

Nah. Aggy will always have just enough money and just enough success to remain our little brother.

The one we keep in the attic and don’t tell the neighbors about.