• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

I know I'm bringing up old shit (2011 aggy game), but there's a gif out there of this play from an alternate angle that shows even more clearly that this was a helmet-to-helmet hit.  Seems like it's been scrubbed from the internets and this one below is all I can find.  I've got an idiot friend who says this was a bogus call and proves we had the refs in our pocket.

ixynf6SOK35l2ZOfU0Xd55QEzU5TJMA1RldetX6y

Edited by TriStone

Not even close:

Jimbo Fisher's new buyout is the largest in college football history – and it's not close.

Fisher, 56, is making $7.5 million this year and would be owed about $95.6 million if he is fired without cause on Dec. 1. Prior to the extension, he would've been due $45.6 million.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jimbo-fishers-buyout-largest-college-110241134.html
aggy truly thinks this sort of thing makes them look good.

Can't wait for the roller coaster to take another dip this season when they get Freshwatered.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I know I'm bringing up old shit (2011 aggy game), but there's a gif out there of this play from an alternate angle that shows even more clearly that this was a helmet-to-helmet hit.  Seems like it's been scrubbed from the internets and this one below is all I can find.  I've got an idiot friend who says this was a bogus call and proves we had the refs in our pocket.

ixynf6SOK35l2ZOfU0Xd55QEzU5TJMA1RldetX6yUAy6QZUTHja9QM6wM6Om7-jzb8bI3zoSdimky62fukf3Cne_rEx-dmg34J_ziwBgcOmQ-c0kLSTx

Is your friend blind? I mean, damn you can see that it’s helmet to helmet right there. Late on top of that.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

Is your friend blind? I mean, damn you can see that it’s helmet to helmet right there. Late on top of that.

Yes, my friend is both blind and more than a little fucking stupid, but he's a friend since childhood so what can ya do?  He looks at that gif and sees not a thing wrong with it.  But, there's another gif that used to be floating around that shows another angle of this play that is so crystal clear that even he couldn't miss it.  I was hoping one of my fellow Surlyites had it tucked away on a hard drive somewhere.

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

He's an aggy so...

He's got some picture of a dude in a Texas hoodie that he says is the ref that threw the flag, and to him it's like a still frame from the goddamn Zapruder film that blows the lid off our treachery and shows that the ref was a secret Longhorn fan and looking to cheat poor aggy out of their win.

Edited by TriStone
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, TriStone said:

Yes, my friend is both blind and more than a little fucking stupid, but he's a friend since childhood so what can ya do?  He looks at that gif and sees not a thing wrong with it.  But, there's another gif that used to be floating around that shows another angle of this play that is so crystal clear that even he couldn't miss it.  I was hoping one of my fellow Surlyites had it tucked away on a hard drive somewhere.

I cant find it, but show him this one.

190fa8f681c37c8515698aa70d8ae8d9.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Today was their gimme and we all knew it.  Mizzou is terrible.

If LSU can beat Florida they can certainly beat aggy.  Between LSU, Auburn. and Ole Miss, they have at least one more certain loss remaining on their schedule.  Maybe two.

For all of you that thought "they're going 5-7" well that's on you.  That was dumb.  Like I've said a million times, to believe the ags are gonna go 5-7, is to believe the SEC outside of one or two top teams, is anything other than completely average.

As a young black man in his 30s who had never cared for anything g@y-n-em related.....moving to Houston and then Cypress...and then them coming into the league in 2012

Man do I have stories about my experiences with those weirdos

Came across the original on the shag and everything listed was fuckin tru to my disbelief...like these people are a tru delusional cult

And only and g@y-n-em fan would do something like this

20170719_180729.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Geaux504N.O. said:

As a young black man in his 30s who had never cared for anything g@y-n-em related.....moving to Houston and then Cypress...and then them coming into the league in 2012

The Cypress-Katy suburbs gotta have the highest concentration of aggy alumni in the world. Good luck, dude. You're surrounded.

But, you should have more stories to tell in the coming years.

Hard to believe that aggy has two wins against bama since they joined the SEC, which is the same as Ole Miss and Clemson. Only Auburn has more wins against bama in that time frame - three. LSU, OU, and Ohio St each have one win against bama since 2012. And that covers all the bama loses since 2012.

Edited by n64ra

13 minutes ago, n64ra said:

Hard to believe that aggy has two wins against bama since they joined the SEC, which is the same as Ole Miss and Clemson. Only Auburn has more wins against bama in that time frame - three. LSU, OU, and Ohio St each have one win against bama since 2012. And that covers all the bama loses since 2012.

That 2012 ag team was really quite good.  That they beat Alabama that year, isn't all that surprising. 

This year, the ags are not particularly good.  This will end up being one of the biggest WTF losses in Alabama ever since Saban's 2nd or 3rd year.

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

That 2012 ag team was really quite good.  That they beat Alabama that year, isn't all that surprising. 

This year, the ags are not particularly good.  This will end up being one of the biggest WTF losses in Alabama ever since Saban's 2nd or 3rd year.

2012 Aggie wasn't all that good. They were a spread team with some athletes back when the league didn't really see spread teams that often outside of a tech type team. That loss was what inspired Saban to change his offense. Watching Saban's 260lb linebackers trying to run sideline to sideline in that game was comical. Bama has since got a lot lighter at NT and their outside backers since the league has gone to spread.

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

2012 Aggie wasn't all that good. They were a spread team with some athletes back when the league didn't really see spread teams that often outside of a tech type team. That loss was what inspired Saban to change his offense. Watching Saban's 260lb linebackers trying to run sideline to sideline in that game was comical. Bama has since got a lot lighter at NT and their outside backers since the league has gone to spread.

So, they were good enough to make Saban change how he defends teams?  Yeah, that's pretty much my point.  They were quite good, and far superior to this year's ag team.

Alabama losing to this year's ags is going to look extremely embarrassing by season's end.

28 minutes ago, utee94 said:

So, they were good enough to make Saban change how he defends teams?  Yeah, that's pretty much my point.  They were quite good, and far superior to this year's ag team.

Alabama losing to this year's ags is going to look extremely embarrassing by season's end.

I think they would've lost 4 games in the big12 that year due to this conference being used to defend it.

19 hours ago, Geaux504N.O. said:

Came across the original on the shag and everything listed was fuckin tru to my disbelief...like these people are a tru delusional cult

And only and g@y-n-em fan would do something like this

20170719_180729.jpg

IMG_0117.JPG

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, n64ra said:

They should put yet another fake title on their stadium wall.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, utee94 said:

I don’t think it’s that much of a WTF because Bama is very down this year. This Bama team has two terrible coordinators in Golding and BOB, and they scraped by an unranked UF squad that’s 4-3 and just lost to an LSU team in disarray. They’re protected by a laughably easy schedule, but this Bama team is probably Saban’s worst in quite a while.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I don’t think it’s that much of a WTF because Bama is very down this year. This Bama team has two terrible coordinators in Golding and BOB, and they scraped by an unranked UF squad that’s 4-3 and just lost to an LSU team in disarray. They’re protected by a laughably easy schedule, but this Bama team is probably Saban’s worst in quite a while.

Could be.  To date I've been saying that the entire SECW was "meh" except for Alabama, and that they're all going to trade 2-3 losses among one another.  It's entirely possible that Alabama shouldn't be elevated above the meh of their divisional rivals, and they're just as much in the mix for trading those 2-3 losses.

Either way, this ag team is nothing special. 

4 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Could be.  To date I've been saying that the entire SECW was "meh" except for Alabama, and that they're all going to trade 2-3 losses among one another.  It's entirely possible that Alabama shouldn't be elevated above the meh of their divisional rivals, and they're just as much in the mix for trading those 2-3 losses.

I definitely agree they suck. I do think it’s hilarious that BOB, the guy who ran a HB Dive for maybe a yard very single first down when he had Watson as his QB, might be one of the only OCs in the entire country who couldn’t figure out that you just have to spread out A&M’s defense and then they’re slow as shit and can’t cover. 

That was an unbelievably stupid OC hire by Saban especially considering the success he’s had with college, spread OCs the last 7 years. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

It would be amusing in a year that A&M beat Alabama if Ole Miss won the division. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Thatguy said:

I think they would've lost 4 games in the big12 that year due to this conference being used to defend it.

They beat an OU team that hung 60 on us by 4 TDs.

Don't aggy the aggy thread. Johnny - and that team - was good. Not good enough to win the SEC but they were good by aggy standards. 

25 minutes ago, ztejas said:

They beat an OU team that hung 60 on us by 4 TDs.

Don't aggy the aggy thread. Johnny - and that team - was good. Not good enough to win the SEC but they were good by aggy standards. 

2000- 14-63 vs OU .................43-17 win vs Aggy

2001- 3-14 vs OU ....................21 -7 win vs Aggy

2002  24-35 vs OU..................50-20- win vs Aggy

2003  13-65 vs OU...................46-15 win vs Aggy

2004  0-12 vs OU.....................26-13 win vs Aggy

It's like you didn't watch Mack Brown Texas Football at all. At no time did what we did vs OU mean anything for the rest of the season or how good we were. 2012 OU also lost to K-State at home and got drilled by ND at home as well. They gave up 34 to Baylor, 49 to WVU, and 48 to OSU in 3 consecutive weeks. OU's defense was atrocious that year, so not being able to stop Johnny was par for the course for them. Do not overthink it. SEC was just unfamiliar with their style of play. Aggy lost no one on the defensive side of the ball the next year and lost to every ranked opponent they played once the league adjusted. So over the two Johnny years, discounting the false ranking that LaTech had, they were 3-6 vs ranked opponents. They beat Bama, Miss St(before Dak Prescott), and a leaky defense OU. They were a solid team, but the best year they've had was last year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 5:04 AM, Thatguy said:

Do not overthink it.

I think you're the one overthinking it. Losing to an 11 win Florida by 3 and 10 win LSU by 5 doesn't mean they'd have dropped 4 in the B12. That seems like wishful thinking.

And their team last year was smoke and mirrors. The only good team they played they got walloped by. 

Staff turnover finally bit Bama in the ass...they still have more talent (on paper) than any team other than maybe Georgia. Even so, doubt they wont lose again until the CCG...and might even win that if they get their shit together.

12 hours ago, ztejas said:

I think you're the one overthinking it. Losing to an 11 win Florida by 3 and 10 win LSU by 5 doesn't mean they'd have dropped 4 in the B12. That seems like wishful thinking.

And their team last year was smoke and mirrors. The only good team they played they got walloped by. 

I am overthinking it?

Bro! They were in this conference the year before. Not 5 years. Not 3. One single year. They lost 6 ball games. The year after they caught the SEC by surprise they lost 4 games once the conference adjusted to them. They had an entire big12 roster of mediocre players with a couple good skill players mixed in. The SEC just wasn't ready for a full on spread attack with a good QB who could run at the helm. They never saw that. We see it every week. We are built to defend it both in scheme and recruiting. Back then the SEC was built to stop the run. They didn't have the personnel to run in nickel and dime all game long and hold up against JFF. Go watch games and watch how many times they would get caught in man turning their back to JFF only for him to take off and run. Then you add in the fact that they were all old school, ball control offenses and they couldn't score with the Ags either. It's like you forgot what Bama looked like in the NC game before Colt went down. Now spread that over 4 qtrs and you have JFF, but without Texas' elite defense on the other side of the ball. 

Now you look at last year's Aggie team. They have been recruiting better since they joined the SEC. They are big and physical, and have good players everywhere. The problem is two fold. 1)They are running Jimbo's unimaginative offense, and 2) They weren't that great at QB. However, as a whole they were far superior to the 2012 team short of QB.

Edited by Thatguy

10 hours ago, ousux said:
On 10/19/2021 at 9:56 AM, utee94 said:

Staff turnover finally bit Bama in the ass...they still have more talent (on paper) than any team other than maybe Georgia. Even so, doubt they wont lose again until the CCG...and might even win that if they get their shit together.

this is the story of aggy, an occasional big win that means nothing in the grand scheme of things