• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

3 hours ago, Lhorn said:

I can’t fathom that they thought it was necessary to give him a raise so early in a contract where you were already paying more than anyone else would be willing to.  What’s he going to do, retire and walk away from 7.5 mil per year?  Does anyone else see his performance as so impressive that they are willing to pay him more than 7.5 mil to steal him?  I’m having a hard time deciding who amongst Herman, Shaka or Jimbo was the least deserving of a raise/extension.  

The raise felt like a knee jerk reaction to Texas getting into the sec 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lhorn said:

I can’t fathom that they thought it was necessary to give him a raise so early in a contract where you were already paying more than anyone else would be willing to.  What’s he going to do, retire and walk away from 7.5 mil per year?  Does anyone else see his performance as so impressive that they are willing to pay him more than 7.5 mil to steal him?  I’m having a hard time deciding who amongst Herman, Shaka or Jimbo was the least deserving of a raise/extension.  

All the talk Ed O is toast and Scott Woodward would bring in Jimbo again.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Is LSU in a position to pay 8 mil plus and if they were, would they guarantee that 8 mil for 6 plus years…… for Jimbo Fisher?!!

I don’t think anyone who is not retarded was ever going to one up that contract to steal Jimbo.  Then again… one might be surprised how little he’s take to get away from aggy.  Regardless, they got worked HARD! 

6 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Is LSU in a position to pay 8 mil plus and if they were, would they guarantee that 8 mil for 6 plus years…… for Jimbo Fisher?!!

I don’t think anyone who is not retarded was ever going to one up that contract to steal Jimbo.  Then again… one might be surprised how little he’s take to get away from aggy.  Regardless, they got worked HARD! 

I’m not sure anybody would want him enough to get to point of trying.

8 hours ago, ousux said:

Imagine how disheartening it must be..aggy cracked open their piggy banks for facilities and recruits the past decade with only a worthless Heisman trophy to show for it. (From a recruit who committed to the guy they fired before the SEC move)

and who also only went aggy when the sips turned him down (... admittedly, our bad, but nevertheless.... he still has the ink to prove it)

5 hours ago, Lhorn said:

So 7.5 was his base salary and the rest of the 8.9 was bonuses?  So now the base is 9 and similar bonuses will presumably get him to more than 10 mil?  

They must get off on throwing around money like it’s water. 
I thought Shaka and Herman’s raises were unnecessary and idiotic but this is a whole other level.  Not only are you throwing away money that could be better spent elsewhere to better the program but you are raising the buyout should you decide he’s not getting it done.  I don’t think “we expected better at this point” is an uncommon thought is CS.  

talkiebird is more desperate than jerry jones

the difference is that at least jones spends his own money

5 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Probably because should it ever come to it, they’ll just borrow more interest free money from the academic side (if you consider near 60% acceptance rate academics).  Then Texas taxpayers will be paying the bill for their dumbass decision making.

@Randolph Duke what were the AUF payments the last 5 years?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Aggy would probably hire Matt Campbell bc he’s 2-3 against Texas’ worst coaching staffs.

Aggy is the epitome of fake five star culture with three star results. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

dude.

you can't spell cult without culture.

or you can't spell culture without cult.

something something.

From the outside looking in, it’s a cult. From the inside looking out, they’ll shoot you in the back if you make a run for it. 

13 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

it's amazing to me that these idiots seem to be totally unaware of how badly bjork and talkiebird fucked up with the zwereneman article and impromptu "it's our sec privelege" presser at their media days

talkiebird got a phone call at 1045am saturday morning and in 60 minutes looch had flipped the narrative 180 degrees and the sheep followed willingly

aggy had no choice in the matter - backstabbing was impossible

the sec cigars will bide their time, and fuck aggy appropriately for that transgression

and again, the delusion of agency in the matter...... the post is written as if the aggy vote could prevent our move

You don't seem to get it. Aggies are richer than the Big G. They brought the Texas TV market and literally trillions of dollars to the SEC. Aggies are the SEC. They were carrying everybody, and this is how they're appreciated.

They ended last year ranked number 4 in a poll. That's the pinnacle of achievement in this sport. No team will ever match that.

And. It's. Going. To. Be. A. Dynasty. They' may make it to number 4 again someday. Mark it down.

It's all because they have and trust in Jimbo.

4 hours ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Jimbo coaching LSU to victories over the Aggies would be 

spacer.png

I would be shocked if LSU took him, but it will be funny either way. Jimbo bleeds the Aggies as coach or humiliates them by going to LSU for less money and kicking their ass every year.

If they want a sitting MNC coach, they'd be better off with Mack cornering the Louisiana recruiting market.

4 hours ago, ousux said:
4 hours ago, Foosters said:
This just hits different after you have kids. The thought of losing a child to that is almost too much to bear.

Simple, if they even think of applying to aggy..disown them.

Hard to keep them away from there when they are letting more people in than lonestar or ACC. We are good at my house though. My kid called aggy a cult and she turned 13 this summer. Well, her actual words were "aggy is like a bizzarro church thingy", but you get the picture. We have never told her anything and allowed her to come to her own conclusions about it. She formed her opinion being around aggy kids in school. So our advice is simple. The best way to keep your kid away from aggy is to let them be close to aggy. Aggy will do the work for you.

6 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Probably never happen, but could you imagine the breakdown if Dumbo were to go to LSU .......and win a championship his first year there? BCS would definitely look like Jonestown after that.

5 hours ago, ousux said:
5 hours ago, Foosters said:
This just hits different after you have kids. The thought of losing a child to that is almost too much to bear.

Simple, if they even think of applying to aggy..disown them.

That's what I threatened a granddaughter with when she was around 9 yo and thought she wanted to be a vet.  I told her I'd never speak to her again.

She didn't go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thatguy said:

Yeah I read that too.  Talk about some sick fucks, wow.

Needs to be cleansed with fire. Institutionally supported rape.

6 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

The pooooooor Jackie chants were pretty badass too!

When we went up 38-3 I remember the Fox broadcast team said something like, "don't think there aren't a bunch of UT alumni who aren't just ABSOLUTELY LOVING THIS! Jackie Sherill used to run the score up on Texas in the 80s and got a thrill out of it. Don't think the alumni haven't forgotten about that and don't think the boosters haven't told Mack Brown about it. Jackie is definitely getting a taste of his own medicine at the Cotton Bowl today...."

7 hours ago, CHIEF said:

aggy and Jimbo remind me of my dog on steak night at my house. We get bone-in ribeyes. After we eat everything we can, we give a bone (Jimbo) to my dog (aggy). The rest of the night, he growls, and runs off with that slimy, spit covered bone, that you don't want, anytime you walk near him. He is so proud of himself and his prize, "look what I got". Its his prize possession, but everyone else sees it for what it is, a slimy, spit covered bone with nothing left on it that anyone would want.

CHIEF

Don't care, got Jimbo. 

• Haha 1

OaklandDoubleAg

8:01p, 9/30/21 

LSU's 2002 season under Nick Saban:

" The 2002 season opened with high expectations, but a 26-8 loss at the hands of Virginia Tech raised serious questions about their outlook. However, the Tigers would rebound to win their next six straight, but after a mid-season injury to quarterback Matt Mauck, LSU lost four of its last six games to close the season, including a 21-20 loss at Arkansas, which knocked the Tigers out of the SEC Championship Game, and forced them to share the SEC West Division title with the Razorbacks. LSU also suffered a 35-20 loss to Texas in the Cotton Bowl Classic, and finished 8-5."

..could you even imagine the TexAgs meltdown after that?

Ah, the old “BUT WHAT ABOUT SABAN” fallacy, what a classic.

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

When we went up 38-3 I remember the Fox broadcast team said something like, "don't think there aren't a bunch of UT alumni who aren't just ABSOLUTELY LOVING THIS! Jackie Sherill used to run the score up on Texas in the 80s and got a thrill out of it. Don't think the alumni haven't forgotten about that and don't think the boosters haven't told Mack Brown about it. Jackie is definitely getting a taste of his own medicine at the Cotton Bowl today...."

Thing is: Jackie has always liked it when people shit in his mouth. 

spacer.png