Buck's Barbeque Co.

ChampKind

I'll never understand why more restaurants don't have biscuits as the bread for benedicts, especially in the south.  I make the sub everytime I order, and I get looked at like I'm crazy.  "Umm, I'll have to ask the chef if he'll do that."

5 hours ago, ChampKind said:

Holy moly, what an awesome statement from JC Reid:

As a native Southeast Texan, I put barbecue and gumbo at the top of my personal food pyramid, and this fusion of the two was one of the best things I’ve eaten all year.

• Like 1

HenryJames posting up before I even knew the article was out. Thanks for the assist.

Had a really nice visit with DV when he rolled through a few weeks back. And we’re flattered by his comments. Just keeping our heads down and cooking the best food we’re capable of.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ChampKind said:

That part of the message was not relayed. Simply that “a guy from the internet” had come by. I applaud you, oh unnamed guy, for at least announcing your presence thusly

My experience was that if the First Lady of Buck's BBQ, whose name escapes me, does not overhear the consumer's many declarations of "I'm for the internet," you may be ignored as a derelict of the street.  I was not ignored. and the FLoBBBQ came to the table, told us you'd be out after your pedicure, and told us how weird and creepy the "I'm from the internet" statement was.  We agreed.

1 hour ago, huge said:

28004c96794b3cda7b5217449d43433f.jpg

The news is good.

The brisket is better.

We were in a hurry and just got brisket debris poboys (which were great) but that platter looked fantastic when Jim brought it by our table on his way to deliver it to ya'll.  Looked like a definite meat coma happening this afternoon.    I did come away with this on the condition I wear it next time I'm in PappaCharlie's.   

Jim,  my colleague that lives in Galveston, said he grew up in  a house across the street where the hospital parking lot is located. He said your building was an old corner store back in the day.

IMG-7256.jpg

3 hours ago, davidg said:

We were in a hurry and just got brisket debris poboys (which were great) but that platter looked fantastic when Jim brought it by our table on his way to deliver it to ya'll.  Looked like a definite meat coma happening this afternoon.    I did come away with this on the condition I wear it next time I'm in PappaCharlie's.   

Jim,  my colleague that lives in Galveston, said he grew up in  a house across the street where the hospital parking lot is located. He said your building was an old corner store back in the day.

IMG-7256.jpg

Where can some of us assholes from the internet get one of these if we're nowhere near Galveston?

So I've seen some folks on here say that Champ's ribs are among the best they've had. Well this morning I had ribs that were better than anything he's made before. Take a good look at Post #1232 right above mine because they are the best I've had anywhere. Just a hint of sweetness from the Fruity Pebbles but balancedout by excellent smokiness and subtle heat. Of course, tender and moist as is his standard. Take a bow, Buck's. You've elevated barbecue.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 8:20 PM, dcbc said:

My experience was that if the First Lady of Buck's BBQ, whose name escapes me, does not overhear the consumer's many declarations of "I'm for the internet," you may be ignored as a derelict of the street.  I was not ignored. and the FLoBBBQ came to the table, told us you'd be out after your pedicure, and told us how weird and creepy the "I'm from the internet" statement was.  We agreed.

Her name is Girl. Literally. Well, the English translation anyway. (Colleen is Gaelic for girl). /csb

• Like 1

On 9/13/2019 at 5:20 PM, NWBuck said:

Where can some of us assholes from the internet get one of these if we're nowhere near Galveston?

I will happily ship swag (hats/shirts/window decals) to any of you goons that want one. Cost? Bout tree fiddy.

But for real, anyone wishing to acquire goodies should send a DM. There is a cost (they ain't free), but we can get you hooked up.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PsychMike said:

So I've seen some folks on here say that Champ's ribs are among the best they've had. Well this morning I had ribs that were better than anything he's made before. Take a good look at Post #1232 right above mine because they are the best I've had anywhere. Just a hint of sweetness from the Fruity Pebbles but balancedout by excellent smokiness and subtle heat. Of course, tender and moist as is his standard. Take a bow, Buck's. You've elevated barbecue.

Thanks for the love, Mike. I'll agree with you. These ribs were the best of all the variations I've cooked. So good and so popular that they'll be added to the regular brunch menu. We'll call it the Yabba Dabba Do Plate

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ChampKind said:

Thanks for the love, Mike. I'll agree with you. These ribs were the best of all the variations I've cooked. So good and so popular that they'll be added to the regular brunch menu. We'll call it the Yabba Dabba Do Plate

20101117-flintstones-brontosaurus-ribs.j

needs swangas/pokeys/'bows

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ChampKind said:

I will happily ship swag (hats/shirts/window decals) to any of you goons that want one. Cost? Bout tree fiddy.

But for real, anyone wishing to acquire goodies should send a DM. There is a cost (they ain't free), but we can get you hooked up.

Could you please post some pictures of said swag so I may decide whether or not it looks ironic enough for me to wear?

21 hours ago, PsychMike said:

@luke duke is repeatedly punching his computer monitor right now.

1 hour ago, ChampKind said:

We all good. A little high water on the street, but we good. This building was built in 1898 and survived The Storm of 1900. It’ll take a little more than some rain to mess things up (as he runs to knock on wood).

Champ someone in another thread said cheese doesn’t belong with brisket. Go show them your burger.