Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

3 minutes ago, Hairy Biped said:

I can tell you as someone who works in the media and has dealt with the AD a lot, under Dodds info leaked like a sieve.  They didn't even seem to care that they didn't have many secrets.  Under Patterson info would get out, but it was often misinformation or was leaked for effect.  I haven't really dealt with the AD under CDC because my position has modified a bit and that's not really my gig anymore, but the folks I do know who deal with it say pretty much nothing leaks without it being controlled.  Even with former players and boosters.  CDC has done a great job of locking that stuff down.  Per my job connections, I usually get some kind of heads up from one connection or another, but this shit came completely out of left field for me.  

Didn’t really know it was beard and sark until 48 hours before

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Didn’t really know it was beard and sark until 48 hours before

I heard some talk that it was Sark about a week before, but I completely ignored it because I didn't think there was anyway in hell they would risk him with his history until he at least had a few years of success and stayed sober somewhere else first.  Beard was a surprise for me too, but I'm not really a basketball fan, so I never really mined that kind of info.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

SIAP but just want to make sure this is in the universe as much as humanly possible 

043FEA5C-889B-426C-8C7C-1A4AF0DD1A62.jpeg

tenor.gif?itemid=14544294

38 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

Aggy rejoins B12 to become "Flagship" program of B12 in their eyes.  

giphy.gif

Edited by C-Man
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Pretty sure there’s a statutory waiver of immunity for contracts for goods and services. But I haven’t looked at the particular statute in a LONG time.

It may be said for fun….but it’s almost certainly also somewhat true. If aggy is threatening to be a turd in the SEC’s lucrative punch bowl…the SEC would be foolish not to flush them and replace aggy with Texas and OU.

Seriously, if you told the other members of the SEC “you can trade aggy for either Texas or OU right now”….the vote would be done before you get to the end of this sentence.

Ah yes. Waco, Fort Worth and Lubbock. Absolute powerhouses of influence and economic production for the great state of Texas. 
I live in one of those (FW, the largest) and can tell you for certain TCU has a bit of money, but is still a small school/alumni base relative to UT. The majority of everyone else is either UT, BlowU, North Texas and a few stray aggy that forgot Houston is south. Same story with the Baptists in Waco, but they dont have as many people from other schools living there, no matter. Lubbock? Lol..

18 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Can we ask for a rider that bans Gary Danielson from calling Longhorn games.  Please?

That twat was one of the shittiest QBs ever to be an 8-year-NFL-starter with the Detroit Lions (I watched him play.) and no one cared how horrible they were, so he has NO credibility at all when making comments about good football playing is at any level because he wouldn't know good football plays if "good football plays" walked up, bit him on the ass, and said, "We're here!"

He stole money from the Lions and gave them nearly a decade of nothing but a dumpster-fire of a team in return. He gets immediately muted on the TV-- the Peter Principle, personified!

Only thing I know for sure, regardless of what happens, is fuck aggy.

Thought you might enjoy this TigerDroppings post (Wait! Is such a thing even possible?)

Topic is should Horns and Sooners join SEC? Wypipos post has 204 likes lol

77c07d1df8ab5c0f27e2463b279ff55b.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 7

At this point with the SEC network already showing all of the nonrevenue sports, why not kill the LHN and if the $$ makes sense?

Dumbass aggy fucked up putting high school sports on there, so the value it was bringing exposure to the other non-televised content and having our own studio. If that gets rolled into the SECN, what do we lose?
Since LHN is so gotdam difficult to get for cord cutters, its a gain. Not sure even UT's non revenue sports benefitted from that debacle to a significant level. The whole LHN thing was an ESPN experiment, they just made the mistake of being so sure it would work the contract was at least 5-10 years too long.

33 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Pretty sure there’s a statutory waiver of immunity for contracts for goods and services. But I haven’t looked at the particular statute in a LONG time.

It may be said for fun….but it’s almost certainly also somewhat true. If aggy is threatening to be a turd in the SEC’s lucrative punch bowl…the SEC would be foolish not to flush them and replace aggy with Texas and OU.

Seriously, if you told the other members of the SEC “you can trade aggy for Texas and OU right now”….the vote would be done before you get to the end of this sentence.

I think that’s only for parts performed.  Ask Mike Leach.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Well then, it's been a full day, and nobody seems to be fighting back, so I guess it's really gonna happen. Better start brushing up your "S-E-C" chants after mocking it for so long. Don't even pretend that it's not going to happen. The majority of surly posters probably won't, but you know goddamned well a vast majority of the 100K in attendance will, because that's just what you do. 

I love the crying over NIL and player compensation as though it would "kill college football." TV contracts and realignment are what is really going to kill it, rest assure. The only solace I might take is that OU flames out whenever they play an SEC school in the playoff. I can only hope this means they lose more often. I don't like losing to OU, but it is better playing them then Tulsa and Eastern State Teaching College, where we'll probably end up. 

Goddamnit, if we are relegated, I'm done with college sports. Maybe sports entirely. Just make the football players contract employees, this shit has nothing to do with schools as academic institutions. It's officially a minor league and some of those extra billions of dollars better go to the players who create that wealth.

I feel for you, man. That would blow donkey dicks if it were to happen to Texas.

Maybe you could become a Longhorn fan. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Unless my memory is bad, I think Tech is the only one of the 14 Big 12 schools, past or present, that has never played in a BCS/NY6 bowl game.

45 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You played in the Cotton in 05 and 08. I'm always confused as to whether that constitutes a NY6 appearance or not. 

Tech also played USC in the 1995 Cotton Bowl after that car wreck of a season with aggy on probation.

42 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Seriously, if you told the other members of the SEC “you can trade aggy for Texas and OU right now”….the vote would be done before you get to the end of this sentence.

Absofuckinglutely.

21 minutes ago, Hairy Biped said:

I heard some talk that it was Sark about a week before, but I completely ignored it because I didn't think there was anyway in hell they would risk him with his history until he at least had a few years of success and stayed sober somewhere else first.  Beard was a surprise for me too, but I'm not really a basketball fan, so I never really mined that kind of info.

I heard Sark too about a week before from a buddy who is pretty well tied in. I didn't really believe it but started talking myself into it as Urban seemed more and more unlikely.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Well then, it's been a full day, and nobody seems to be fighting back, so I guess it's really gonna happen. Better start brushing up your "S-E-C" chants after mocking it for so long. Don't even pretend that it's not going to happen. The majority of surly posters probably won't, but you know goddamned well a vast majority of the 100K in attendance will, because that's just what you do. 

I love the crying over NIL and player compensation as though it would "kill college football." TV contracts and realignment are what is really going to kill it, rest assure. The only solace I might take is that OU flames out whenever they play an SEC school in the playoff. I can only hope this means they lose more often. I don't like losing to OU, but it is better playing them then Tulsa and Eastern State Teaching College, where we'll probably end up. 

Goddamnit, if we are relegated, I'm done with college sports. Maybe sports entirely. Just make the football players contract employees, this shit has nothing to do with schools as academic institutions. It's officially a minor league and some of those extra billions of dollars better go to the players who create that wealth.

You ain't gonna quit sports. You'll get suckered in once again with the promise of another season.

It absolutely sucks right now for you.

Fuck it. Carry on.

Nobody gave a shit about Stillwater, Ft. Worth, or Lubbuttock yesterday either.

Waco can fuck right off.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Thought you might enjoy this TigerDroppings post (Wait! Is such a thing even possible?)

Topic is should Horns and Sooners join SEC? Wypipos post has 204 likes emoji106.png lol

77c07d1df8ab5c0f27e2463b279ff55b.jpg

Not afraid at repping despite the obvious shot at Texas right below. 

I also love that they've already adopted atm. Although they need to cut out the capitalization of the T. They'll be on to aggy soon enough. 

Edited by ztejas

51 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You played in the Cotton in 05 and 08. I'm always confused as to whether that constitutes a NY6 appearance or not. 

THE FUCK YOU SAYING YOU FOR!?!?  I graduated from UT you fucktard.  (I just love that gif of the fat fuck morphing into coach too cool, but seriously uncool to accuse  me of being a tech fan).

NY6 playoff era games, the Cotton Bowl in 05 & 08 was not a selection bowl participating in the BCS, it was the Big12’s #1 game outside of the BCS.

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Tech also played USC in the 1995 Cotton Bowl after that car wreck of a season with aggy on probation.

1995 was pre BCS and pre Big12

1 minute ago, TKthunder2 said:

THE FUCK YOU SAYING YOU FOR!?!?  I graduated from UT you fucktard.  (I just love that gif of the fat fuck morphing into coach too cool, but seriously uncool to accuse  me of being a tech fan).

NY6 playoff era games, the Cotton Bowl in 05 & 08 was not a selection bowl participating in the BCS, it was the Big12’s #1 game outside of the BCS.

Please. It's Mr. Fucktard.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Shiiit… I always assumed you were a tech fan, as well

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Oh? We are finally getting to the point where we can dominate this league and make it to the NCAA post season consistently. I mean we go the SEC with like 19 other schools we are talking about not just beating OU but everybody else. That will happen maybe three or four times a century. 

How does our lack of success in the past ten years make you think this? Even our best teams of all time would struggle through a gauntlet like that. And not to mention the screwy unbalanced bullshit schedules of super leagues.

you seem like a pussy

4 hours ago, mdleast said:

Hmm

fuck Ketch

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

Instead aggy is playing the part of Luke when told Texas might come to the SEC

200.gif

48e0a621-db8e-43e2-8d93-052533ac84e9_tex

4 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

So it is almost like someone tried to scrub this from the internet. Had to go back on the wayback machine to a 2018 cached version of shaggybevo (yeah 3 iterations ago.. fuck you eskimo hut dude and fuck you to Steve Patterson, but I digress)

I give you the original outside looking in gif...

omni1.png

I never fail to laugh at this image.

3 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

The sooner gets it. This is how things are.

3 hours ago, Cashcar said:

552CA1C7-B64D-4883-A0B5-CFB847F1C77C.jpeg

I also never fail to laugh at this one.

3 hours ago, cdain3 said:

504488c2-e6d8-4352-8849-cf45a4fd9de0_tex

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Ohhhhh this is delicious….

“You knew disruption was coming,” says one college administrator. “At the end of the day, it’s all going to be about money.”

The report stunned Bjork, he says.

In fact, as The Houston Chronicle’s story published at about 2:40 p.m. local time, Bjork was speaking to two reporters, shooting the you-know-what about everything in college athletics (oddly enough, much of the conversation centered on the long-running feud between the Aggies and Longhorns—they haven’t played since A&M left the Big 12 in 2012).

In the middle of the conversation, Bjork’s phone buzzed and up flashed the caller ID: It was school president Katherine Banks.

“I’ve got to take this,” Bjork said, “it’s the boss.”

Banks, his own president, informed Bjork of the story in a 10-minute phone call that unfolded just before his head football coach, Jimbo Fisher, took the main stage for his appearance at SEC media days. 

Minutes later, the AD stepped into a dimly lit hallway here, smiled and delivered an unmistakable message to a group of reporters, jump starting one of the more bizarre days to ever transpire at this event.

https://www.si.com/.amp/college/2021/07/22/texas-oklahoma-sec-inquiry-stuns-sec-texas-am?__twitter_impression=true

And we all know what Bjork said right after that…wow…

My favorite bit of delusion from this: "That’s why we left, to have our own identity. We’re a flagship university."

No. You're not. Like the Sooner above said... you were a pawn to make this happen. Part of a 40-year-long attempt by the SEC to drag us in. And yeah, you finally made it possible. But you were duped. You were always a means to an end, you poor delusional fools.

2 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

If this is the case, it is done and over and A&M has no pull in the SEC and no one should be surprised.

Knew it as soon as I heard A&M was leaving for the SEC. It was known.

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I’m pretty sure that ESPN would discontinue LHN and roll the leftover contract into the SEC network numbers to facilitate this and allocate those t3 rights and funds to all SEC members. 

Yeah, people who are thinking about the LHN being a speed bump forget that ESPN owns both the LHN and the SEC. They will figure this out.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Um... Saban didn't make Bama, chief. 

True. But it had been a long, long time since Bear Bryant, with a bright blip of Gene Stallings in the wasteland in-between.

32 minutes ago, runthebone said:

This dumb sooner doesn't know what happened next?

OU isn't exactly known for being one of the better institutions of higher learning, ya know.

Also, the reason nobody's bringing up "academics" is that the Big XII is, even including UT, among the bottom of all conferences in that department. We're basically it.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

The most disappointing thing about this news is how many on here were apparently closeted on their desire to play aggy again. After they bitched and threatened state legislature action if we left, the hypocrits bailed themselves as soon as they got an invite. Then Case and Tucker shoved a derp derp pineapple up their ass as a parting gift. 

I hope we never play them again and they have to live with their all time win-loss against us and the memory of Case’s face. I guess the best scenario is aggy steps on their own dick and gets kicked out of the SEC, but I don’t see how that could happen contractually. At a minimum, I hope we don’t renew the thanksgiving tradition (cwidt?) with them in order to not make them feel more important than they are. Sadly, we have some alumni and a lot of tshirt fans who have been wanting to play aggy again for several years. These idiots of our own plus all aggy will make it difficult to avoid playing them on thanksgiving. 

If aggy threatens to quit the SEC, I’m sure there will be others willing to take the 16th spot. 
College Football GIF by Oklahoma State University

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

12 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

The most disappointing thing about this news is how many on here were apparently closeted on their desire to play aggy again. After they bitched and threatened state legislature action if we left, the hypocrits bailed themselves as soon as they got an invite. Then Case and Tucker shoved a derp derp pineapple up their ass as a parting gift. 

I hope we never play them again and they have to live with their all time win-loss against us and the memory of Case’s face. I guess the best scenario is aggy steps on their own dick and gets kicked out of the SEC, but I don’t see how that could happen contractually. At a minimum, I hope we don’t renew the thanksgiving tradition (cwidt?) with them in order to not make them feel more important than they are. Sadly, we have some alumni and a lot of tshirt fans who have been wanting to play aggy again for several years. These idiots of our own plus all aggy will make it difficult to avoid playing them on thanksgiving. 

If aggy threatens to quit the SEC, I’m sure there will be others willing to take the 16th spot. 
College Football GIF by Oklahoma State University

don’t be a pussy. we’re playing them and we’ll win more than we lose.