2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Also since about 2 weeks ago to today....is Warren still alive? Witness protection? Klobs has gotten more press than Liz. 

Klobs appears to be capitalizing on the creepy horny dude vote based on the tweet from the previous page 

Edited by 6th Street

39 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

If he just starts quoting John Wayne lines, I’ll donate the max and start going  door to door for him.   I demand he start calling Mayor Pete “Pilgrim” and  Bernie “Old Timer.”

He starts doing that, and how long before the ads start out with, "Joe Biden? I thought you were dead."

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

If Klobuchar sticks around longer than Warren, I'll be despondent.  I don't even know how she has possibly made it this far.  She is the least inspiring of any of them.

It's basically the original Biden strategy.  No real initiatives above protecting what's already there (Obamacare) but more importantly, a return to normalcy.  It's not a bad strategy, except for Biden being really shitty at running for national office.

9 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

If Klobuchar sticks around longer than Warren, I'll be despondent.  I don't even know how she has possibly made it this far.  She is the least inspiring of any of them.

Amy is a career politician and Liz isn't. Simple as that.

Warren is great, and what we can all take solace in as shittier options overtake her is that she will continue to be awesome even if this aspiration dies, because it's not about her personal aspirations for her. Like Bernie, she's not just in this because she wants to climb the ladder. She has beliefs and ideas.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

It's basically the original Biden strategy.  No real initiatives above protecting what's already there (Obamacare) but more importantly, a return to normalcy.  It's not a bad strategy, except for Biden being really shitty at running for national office.

I think it's the best strategy. A return to normalcy is probably the only centerpiece that you can build a winning coalition around this cycle. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I think it's the best strategy. A return to normalcy is probably the only centerpiece that you can build a winning coalition around this cycle. 

Agreed.  A vast swath of people just want a normal government again.  The numbers support that, too.  The only people really going after that now are Bloomberg and Klobs.  Bloomberg has more detailed policy positions, though, so there's that.

The two people in this field I am most comfrotable with as prospective presidents (who I also agree with the most on policy, but that's not determinative) are Amy Klobuchar and Mike Bloomberg. Had Warren been a stronger candidate I would be with her, but she's not, so I ain't. I think she'll be great as AG or head of CFPB though. 

• Like 1

So they want a smiling face who will calmly reassure them that everything is going to be fine in their newest safe space, instead of a fat orange retard telling them that things have never been better and we’re winning bigly again.  

Meanwhile the rich keep getting richer, the poor stay poor, nothing really changes and they’re ok with that because it’s back to the kinder gentler team D in control of things.

As China’s plan to become the economic and technology center of the world comes to fruition while we crumble into idiocracy caring only about our team winning. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Mike enjoying his unopposed honeymoon.

Just another poll, but another poll that runs contrary to the idea that Sanders would do poorly in a general election.  

Bloomberg tops Trump 51 - 42 percent;

Sanders defeats Trump 51 - 43 percent;

Biden beats Trump 50 - 43 percent;

Klobuchar defeats Trump 49 - 43 percent;

Warren wins narrowly over Trump 48 - 44 percent;

Buttigieg is also slightly ahead of Trump 47 - 43 percent.

• Like 1

So they want a smiling face who will calmly reassure them that everything is going to be fine in their newest safe space, instead of a fat orange retard telling them that things have never been better and we’re winning bigly again.  
Meanwhile the rich keep getting richer, the poor stay poor, nothing really changes and they’re ok with that because it’s back to the kinder gentler team D in control of things.
Yes. That’s pretty much the best political strategy available. You don’t get to do anything until you win.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Klobs at a close 3rd in one poll this morning.  If she beats Warren and Biden in NH, they need to drop out.  (They won't.)  They're already running out of money and if they're that far down, there is no path for them.

If she wins third, then she has a real path to the nomination.

If she doesn't win third, she has none.

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

How about this scenario. Democrats hold the house, win back the Senate but Trump gets re-elected. Trump flips into (back to) a fake Democrat.

That's not out of the realm of possibilities if Bern is the nominee.  The Republicans have some tough Senate races and you could see a lot of ticket splitting.

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

How about this scenario. Democrats hold the house, win back the Senate but Trump gets re-elected. Trump flips into (back to) a fake Democrat.

Trump pulls any pin he can get his fat stubby fingers into on every grenade within reach screaming that every explosion is the Democrats fault. 

56 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

If she wins third, then she has a real path to the nomination.

If she doesn't win third, she has none.

What will be interesting is if she finishes a strong third and Biden finishes a distant fifth or something.  She then has Nevada and South Carolina before Bloomberg is on the ballot.  What if Biden's support in those two states props her up to a solid #2?