Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

On 1/22/2021 at 2:54 PM, Brisketexan said:

The El Gallo green is top-notch.  But honestly, the Trader Joe's version is better.  Either one of em, I can damn near just drink it.

You guys should just make your own. It's easy AF. Takes about 20 minutes for 3 or so cups of the stuff, which lasts me several weeks during which I put it on everything I make. I use that shit on breakfast tacos, wraps, salad dressing, whatever. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

You guys should just make your own. It's easy AF. Takes about 20 minutes for 3 or so cups of the stuff, which lasts me several weeks during which I put it on everything I make. I use that shit on breakfast tacos, wraps, salad dressing, whatever. 

so post your recipe, numbnuts. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, futureman said:

so post your recipe, numbnuts. 

I’ve posted it several times on this website. But here you go. They’re all basically all the same. 

https://www.delishknowledge.com/creamy-jalapeno-salsa/

ive also modified with avacado oil, as well as using mixtures of Hatch/Anaheim chiles and Serrano. At this point I basically just eyeball the number or peppers and garlic. 

if you burn the garlic, or even overcook it, throw out. Do not use it. It will ruin the sauce completely. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Dogs, chili, and do I see brisket, too? 

Harrison Ford That Belongs In A Museum GIF

It was just some leftover chili I had made using cubed chuck, and some of the cubes stayed somewhat loosely intact. 

FYI, those are Martin's "Big Marty" buns that HEB recently started carrying. If you can find one that's open, pick some up. Highly recommended.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, threesheets said:

Is that water as the base of the sauce?  Are you fucking kidding me?

I might try a bite if she'd started with dairy.  Cream/half & half/milk, something for fuck's sake.  I mean, it would still be fucking disgusting, but I'd try it.

I agree with all of this except it being disgusting. heavy cream and cheetos would be awesome. 

5 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Had some bacon lying around as men do. Cooked it.

Had some leftover chili. Cooked it in the bacon fat.

Added some eggs. Why? Because I live in a country that put a man on the moon and invented the gloryhole.

For those of you who have sons...show them this when they are ready to become men.

BE4565F0-8775-4EA9-B0EE-FF17998CCBB1.jpeg

CAED5340-84B9-432F-A9BC-DF84CA3C8FEC.jpeg

8DF14045-B72A-4FA8-AF2C-EC40A7D64774.jpeg

8199F300-6816-400F-B475-E4370582153B.jpeg

Looks OK, I guess.

2.0:  good thing my HEB is never open.  otherwise if they sell out of those fries, my kids will hunt you down and kill you.

last of the chili I made on Thursday to take with us on a ski trip we cancelled on Friday.  ran out of fritos yesterday, so had to go with broken Calidads.

pretty sure the japs triggered my run upstairs.  can't complain.  got to take care of business while I still had power to my bidet. never know exactly when the next blackout will hit.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wd40 said:

2.0:  good thing my HEB is never open.  otherwise if they sell out of those fries, my kids will hunt you down and kill you.

last of the chili I made on Thursday to take with us on a ski trip we cancelled on Friday.  ran out of fritos yesterday, so had to go with broken Calidads.

pretty sure the japs triggered my run upstairs.  can't complain.  got to take care of business while I still had power to my bidet. never know exactly when the next blackout will hit.

spacer.png

Ha! We used Calidad's on Saturday night to dip the chili in as a midnight snack

• Hook 'Em 1

Wanted to do chili dogs but Kroger was out of buns and chili. So grabbed some hot dogs and Hawaiian rolls. Had some bulgogi and hoisin sauce at home so mixed them together and I present to you bulgogi/hoisin braised hot dogs served on toasted Hawaiian rolls. We're on rolling blackouts so the final shot was taken in the dark990ca9dacc23a41017a5f628cd0c4138.jpga865c9955f3a7d6ff55bc2eb80a951f6.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, NateHitch said:

Wanted to do chili dogs but Kroger was out of buns and chili. So grabbed some hot dogs and Hawaiian rolls. Had some bulgogi and hoisin sauce at home so mixed them together and I present to you bulgogi/hoisin braised hot dogs served on toasted Hawaiian rolls. We're on rolling blackouts so the final shot was taken in the dark990ca9dacc23a41017a5f628cd0c4138.jpga865c9955f3a7d6ff55bc2eb80a951f6.jpg

This is amazing. Mary Shelley would be proud.