are there any anti-vaxxers here?

Gil Bang

On 3/28/2019 at 7:42 PM, GRHorn said:

This is a tough one. Maybe it’s the anti-authoritarian in me, but I disagree with this story, big time. Any anti-vaxxer issues aside, there’s all kinds of times that people disregard doctor’s recommendations or orders in the care of people in their legal custody.  Can be gross negligence IMO such as, 

Kids who are so obese that they’re getting typically adult medical problems like type 2 diabetes or requiring surgical procedures to address things like sleep apnea. 

Kids whose dental care is so terrible that they have to have dental rehab performed under general anesthesia, sometimes multiple siblings the same day. 

Or how about people who have power of attorney who consent to terminally ill family members undergoing painful and unnecessary procedures?

What decides these? A case by case basis?

Then throw in the swat team swooping in at night to take all the kids from the parents...

Ah yes, the anti-authoritarian Donald Trump supporter. A rare breed indeed.

• Like 2

Baron's biggest problem is that he has Dotard's genes coursing through him.  He'll be an arrogant moron, just like the rest of the Orange Moron's spawn. 

And it should surprise no one that the Cunt in Chief is an anti-vaxxer.  Idiots gonna idiot. 

Edited by DigglerontheHoof
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, GRHorn said:

What’s funny about that?

You know what's not funny? Me getting a paper cut.

You know what's funny? You falling into an open sewer and dying. 

But I've thought Barron was autistic for a while now. Seems funny that others think it's obvious.

17 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

You know what's not funny? Me getting a paper cut.

You know what's funny? You falling into an open sewer and dying. 

But I've thought Barron was autistic for a while now. Seems funny that others think it's obvious.

Sorry.

I should've said that me getting a paper cut would be a tragedy.

21 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Didn't read through the full thread so I apologize if already discussed. Is anti vax a left or right point of view? 

For the record,  my son has autism and we gave him vaccinations but his diagnosis had nothing to do with vaccines.

It is a crazy thing, and on both sides of the spectrum.

• Like 6

Didn't read through the full thread so I apologize if already discussed. Is anti vax a left or right point of view? 
For the record,  my son has autism and we gave him vaccinations but his diagnosis had nothing to do with vaccines.

It's a moron's point of view.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 6

3e1c4a31ad32f069a9d24c440e92edcd.jpg

Give the man full custody and give the baby it’s shots and shove an IUD up her cootchie until she unfucks her brain.

And the husband was sent screenshots of her MUSING ON A PUBLIC FACEBOOK PAGE ABOUT FAKING ABUSE ALLEGATIONS because she’s just a touch dumber than your average garden variety moron.

And fuck those other two bitches who backed up her gross and destructive “plan”.

And the “I need proof of this fakery I believe in because I know deep down it’s bullshittery” plea would be hilarious if, ya know, kids weren’t dying and these almost eradicated diseases weren’t flaring back up with a vengeance.

I, and I cannot stress this enough, want to kick this waste of titties right in her dumb face.

• Like 6

On 3/28/2019 at 7:42 PM, GRHorn said:

This is a tough one. Maybe it’s the anti-authoritarian in me, but I disagree with this story, big time. Any anti-vaxxer issues aside, there’s all kinds of times that people disregard doctor’s recommendations or orders in the care of people in their legal custody.  Can be gross negligence IMO such as, 

Kids who are so obese that they’re getting typically adult medical problems like type 2 diabetes or requiring surgical procedures to address things like sleep apnea. 

Kids whose dental care is so terrible that they have to have dental rehab performed under general anesthesia, sometimes multiple siblings the same day. 

Or how about people who have power of attorney who consent to terminally ill family members undergoing painful and unnecessary procedures?

What decides these? A case by case basis?

Then throw in the swat team swooping in at night to take all the kids from the parents...

Absolutely none of those have to do with herd immunity which affects us all.  Why am I not surprised your dumb ass is an antivax dipshit.  Science>Bible you stupid fuck. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Absolutely none of those have to do with herd immunity which affects us all.  Why am I not surprised your dumb ass is an antivax dipshit.  Science>Bible you stupid fuck. 

Hey there buddy. Why am I not surprised your dumb ass is wrong again?

1) I’m not really religious. Non practicing Catholic.

2) I’m not an antivax dipshit. 

Have a good evening. 

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Hey there buddy. Why am I not surprised your dumb ass is wrong again?

1) I’m not really religious. Non practicing Catholic.

2) I’m not an antivax dipshit. 

Have a good evening. 

Lol.  Fair.  Apologies

Have seen the effects and I do get triggered.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 6:20 AM, HenryJames said:

So I was reading some of the comments to this tweet, and one person actually said that the stats show there is a greater risk of dying from the MMR vaccination shot than from measles itself.

I'm sure that those numbers are probably correct and it's not surprising to anyone with any brain cells left in their head.

It's also not surprising that the Anti-Vax movement can/has latched onto that stat because they don't comprehend how vaccines work.  Sure the MMR shot results in more deaths than measles.  And why is that?  Because EVERYONE else HAS been vaccinated.  Hard to die from something if you've taken a shot to make you immune to it. 

There's always a risk of an adverse reaction up to and including death with ANY medical procedure.  Even something as simple as Dental Work.  Doesn't stop you from having that procedure done.

Just really simple logic that's missed by them.

Edited by Drew

On 4/15/2019 at 9:18 AM, tucker said:

GOP has a response.  

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/16/republican-reject-democrat-vaccines-1361277

Most Republicans are rejecting Democrat-led state bills to tighten childhood immunization laws in the midst of the worst measles outbreak in two decades, alarming public health experts who fear the nation could become as divided over vaccines as it is over global warming.

Democrats in six states — Colorado, Arizona, New Jersey, Washington, New York and Maine — have authored or co-sponsored bills to make it harder for parents to avoid vaccinating their school-age children, and mostly faced GOP opposition. 

Meanwhile in West Virginia and Mississippi, states with some of the nation’s strictest vaccination laws, Republican lawmakers have introduced measures to expand vaccine exemptions, although it’s not yet clear how much traction they have.

I just about get pissed when a friend or family member brings up that I used to be a Republican, and even campaigned for a few.   

23 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Why on Earth would you think that is true?

I didn't really care if it was true or not.  My point was that even if it were true it would make sense since people that get vaccines wouldn't die of what they're vaccinated against, while simply getting the vaccine itself COULD, but probably doesn't, lead to some deaths.

In a perfect world, maybe what is described in 4 Corinthians, those who fuck up are those who pay the price. 

Meaning, the anti-vaxx parents would get polio or something, and die before they suck away any health dollars from the non-retarded segment of the population. 

This is child abuse to an extreme degree.

On 4/16/2019 at 5:25 PM, Dutchrudder said:

Why on Earth would you think that is true?

I know you're on the right side of the fight, but it seems to me a simple Gedanken experiment is also instructive.  Imagine a 100% effective vaccine administered to 100% of a closed population against a disease that would normally wipe out 1% of the population each year.  The disease is therefore eliminated.  However, the vaccine kills 0.01% of those who receive it.  Therefore, the vaccine is more deadly than the disease . . . in the specific situation where we are comparing it to the vaccinated population.  0.01% > 0.0%.

If we were to compare community mortalities with and without the vaccine, well, the vaccine obviously wins.  We would much rather lose 0.01% of the population each year as opposed to 1% of the population. 

These people can't do that math. 

• Like 1

I know you're on the right side of the fight, but it seems to me a simple Gedanken experiment is also instructive.  Imagine a 100% effective vaccine administered to 100% of a closed population against a disease that would normally wipe out 1% of the population each year.  The disease is therefore eliminated.  However, the vaccine kills 0.01% of those who receive it.  Therefore, the vaccine is more deadly than the disease . . . in the specific situation where we are comparing it to the vaccinated population.  0.01% > 0.0%.

If we were to compare community mortalities with and without the vaccine, well, the vaccine obviously wins.  We would much rather lose 0.01% of the population each year as opposed to 1% of the population. 

These people can't do that math. 

Sure that would be worth reviewing if it's true, but the fact of the matter is that there is an extreme amount of fake research and unfounded statistics on the anti-vaxx side because it's the only way way they can get more support. They deal in lies and misinformation without sending their "research" for peer review because it's simply not scientific. There isn't a great amount of research into the alternative of non vaccinated people because the control group would be unethical to create. The diseases they prevent are bad enough, and we know how they hurt people, many can cause death in children.

Have you seen their autism rate stats from these people? They claim something like 1 in 40 vaccinated kids get autism, while non vaxx kids are at like 1 in 500 (it constantly changes). Ever seen the source info? It's one pediatrician in Oregon who supposedly tracked all his patients data, but won't submit any of it for peer review because he claims patient confidentiality concerns. Of course they can't reveal the info because it would be like revealing the man behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz.

It's a farce, preying on the ignorant and those that want to believe something evil to vilify. They wrecklessly use children's health and safety concerns as a tool to sell books, herbal supplements and generate clicks for their own profit while simultaneously endangering the very people that seek better health via their info. Amazingly enough they have many convinced it's evil pharmaceutical companies profiting off these $20 vaccines, when they are trying to sell you the alternative treatments and guides. It's a disgusting cycle, and to simply believe them or give them the benefit of the doubt because they are well meaning is idiotic.

We know what the results of their practices are, and the danger they present to themselves and others in the community. I'm as libertarian as the next guy, but the basic principle of "do what you like to yourself so long as you don't harm others" is broken when it comes to antivaxxers. This is a public health issue that effects everyone, not just those ignorant enough to do this to themselves. We cannot let this movement continue to grow, it must be met with harsh resistance and scrutiny.

/Soapbox :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Sure that would be worth reviewing if it's true, but the fact of the matter is that there is an extreme amount of fake research and unfounded statistics on the anti-vaxx side because it's the only way way they can get more support. They deal in lies and misinformation without sending their "research" for peer review because it's simply not scientific. There isn't a great amount of research into the alternative of non vaccinated people because the control group would be unethical to create. The diseases they prevent are bad enough, and we know how they hurt people, many can cause death in children.

Have you seen their autism rate stats from these people? They claim something like 1 in 40 vaccinated kids get autism, while non vaxx kids are at like 1 in 500 (it constantly changes). Ever seen the source info? It's one pediatrician in Oregon who supposedly tracked all his patients data, but won't submit any of it for peer review because he claims patient confidentiality concerns. Of course they can't reveal the info because it would be like revealing the man behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz.

It's a farce, preying on the ignorant and those that want to believe something evil to vilify. They wrecklessly use children's health and safety concerns as a tool to sell books, herbal supplements and generate clicks for their own profit while simultaneously endangering the very people that seek better health via their info. Amazingly enough they have many convinced it's evil pharmaceutical companies profiting off these $20 vaccines, when they are trying to sell you the alternative treatments and guides. It's a disgusting cycle, and to simply believe them or give them the benefit of the doubt because they are well meaning is idiotic.

We know what the results of their practices are, and the danger they present to themselves and others in the community. I'm as libertarian as the next guy, but the basic principle of "do what you like to yourself so long as you don't harm others" is broken when it comes to antivaxxers. This is a public health issue that effects everyone, not just those ignorant enough to do this to themselves. We cannot let this movement continue to grow, it must be met with harsh resistance and scrutiny.

/Soapbox :)

The bolded part needs to be tattooed on every anti-vaxxers forehead.

On 4/24/2019 at 10:14 PM, Bookman said:

Yes they’ve had their shots. It’s their children who are at risk.

That likely doesn’t matter either. If you were born between 1963-1989 there’s a chance you aren’t immune either. How many people get blood tests to ensure their vaccines were successful? 

There is a lot of confusion and anger from the one anti-vax person I know right now. She voted for Trump specifically because of his historical statements on vaccines.

This morning has gone rapidly from bewilderment to denial to the "fact" that he was bought by the pharmaceutical industry back to confusion about how such a super rich guy got bought back to anger that the industry threatened his family's safety because that's the only explanation. It's been wild.

13 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

There is a lot of confusion and anger from the one anti-vax person I know right now. She voted for Trump specifically because of his historical statements on vaccines.

This morning has gone rapidly from bewilderment to denial to the "fact" that he was bought by the pharmaceutical industry back to confusion about how such a super rich guy got bought back to anger that the industry threatened his family's safety because that's the only explanation. It's been wild.

I’ve started handing anti-vaxxers Tic-Tacs and telling them that they are medicine to prevent autism.  When they reject that claim, I loudly accuse them of being bought off by Big Pharma and spreading its myth that peppermint oil doesn’t prevent autism.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

talking about this right?

https://www.statnews.com/2019/04/26/trump-vaccinations-measles/

As measles outbreaks rage in a number of states across the country, President Trump urged families to vaccinate their children on Friday.

“They have to get the shots. The vaccinations are so important,” Trump told reporters as he left the White House. “This is really going around now. They have to get their shots.”

in some ways, becoming president has made Trump a better person. He's now around and receiving reports and information from people a lot smarter than he's ever had himself surrounded by. He's a stereotypical low information voter and it's promising that at least his mind can be changed on some stuff like this.

Pediatrician, two of them actually, said mom should naturally pass on protection to our 1-month old through milk and should last until about 3 months.  Can't get the measles protection until 12 months so we are in a 9 month no-man's land.  At least the anti-vaxxers have the decency to advertise their stupidity so we know who/what/where to avoid.  

It's what's coming next that scares me to death.  The easily influenced person that keeps to themselves, the silently stupid.  Formerly the salt of the Earth that we needed in droves to make society work.  Now, they're looking at this heated debate, and 10% of them are siding with the anti-vaxxers and they will silently chose to not vaccinate their kids.  And they won't advertise their decision as some brave choice against the establishment or as a point of bragging as a natural, granola parent of the Earth.  That's who is gonna fuck us.  Not this current wave of banner-waving dipshits.  You wouldn't let them share dessert with your kid anyway.  It's what's coming next that's gonna screw us.  The people that make bad choices and don't let anyone else know about it.  You know...people.  

Guest Lobo

Well, his homestate of Indiana is home to the leading herd immunity rate talk show based in Pawnee, "Ya Heard 'Bout the Herd with Perd."