¡Snek!

Patricio Swayze

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

I'm thinking hawk had probably caught the snek and was attempting to fly with it in its talons.  Snek breaks free and drops on unsuspecting woman.  Snek is pissed, so strikes at woman.  Hawk then goes to retrieve its prey.

I'm thinking that lady is a damn liar.  A snake falling from the sky isn't going to wrap around your arm and start striking your face.  The marks on her arm aren't consistent with talons, either.

4 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

I'm thinking that lady is a damn liar.  A snake falling from the sky isn't going to wrap around your arm and start striking your face.  The marks on her arm aren't consistent with talons, either.

She better not be lying. I sent her money for a “Snek Fell From The Sky And Bit My Arm All Over” t-shirt.

• Haha 2

On 2/5/2024 at 8:17 AM, Jerry Callo said:

It’s not so much the angry gerbil attacking your arm, it’s more why an angry gerbil is attacking your arm

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Harpo what dis snek? About two feet long. I might not have noticed it but I was out walking Bevo (female dog) and she noticed it. I never can get a great picture of sneks I encounter. 

For those of you following crime stories in the news I’m still in Atlanta.

IMG_9775.jpeg

IMG_9774.jpeg

Also, copperheads are ultimately pretty thicc. 

Even for a juvenile, that's pretty long and skinny. 

The baby copperheads I have seen are much shorter and the copper coloring doesn't really fill in until they are pretty mature. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 3/13/2024 at 7:37 PM, Nicole44 said:

Harpo what dis snek? About two feet long. I might not have noticed it but I was out walking Bevo (female dog) and she noticed it. I never can get a great picture of sneks I encounter. 

IMG_9775.jpeg

IMG_9774.jpeg

@Patricio Swayze to the white courtesy phone…

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/14/2024 at 9:26 AM, gsoda3 said:

looks like a dekays, but 2 feet long? 

This one was juvenile. The picture I took doesn’t capture how thin it is. I initially thought it was a large worm on top of that bush. It’s been raining a lot. Also the picture was taken at night so not sure if that helps with an identification. 

On 3/15/2024 at 9:02 PM, Nicole44 said:

This one was juvenile. The picture I took doesn’t capture how thin it is. I initially thought it was a large worm on top of that bush. It’s been raining a lot. Also the picture was taken at night so not sure if that helps with an identification. 

You and @Dutch both have harmless DeKay's brown snakes.

Nothing about these snakes would suggest copperheads.  For those who want to become better at identification, check out Central Texas Snake ID on the Facebook.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/13/2024 at 8:37 PM, Nicole44 said:

Have the Atlanta Rappers been notified of your whereabouts? 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/13/2024 at 7:37 PM, Nicole44 said:

IMG_9775.jpeg

IMG_9774.jpeg

This one is really stumping me unless you just suck at judging length. I can't think of anything other than some species of brownsnake.

• Hook 'Em 1