¡Snek!

Patricio Swayze

• 2 weeks later...
Reimer's Ranch this morning.  He didn't rattle and Biff basically stepped on him, but luckily I was able to pull him back before the snek struck.  We did not continue on the trail.
Kj--DPy4z-F2M-DAxMhCzIVv8kZ2Q-IjN3uH3z072vVfgARgxOFnFuj9rag6qX_uDAN3VkKlxlldLoi16kFkgiOEI3aiuUuCXBLmdAwCZ0oRbVW189wBkDojHKHgOv5Rej2FLABGB4AohneJbUsOqkGljzP08MFA8-4KWM8_GV19HPxrZyup-CHv4KfHb_OXMJN63vreIBcEj9kLu5PwfdnkwzyqwWbcsoz7uMYI1BoFeq-SrbmpgHueVIohj5KwNVHsqqK0Sl1IdPgsol-ao8Th7q5zekGsUQZNz49aAx7McJEGKtVMohAsh8sf9kPZ3mjHjqpJO6izuIVm6iTjg9kiWXmS-d_-fp1ySdWOExpehG9skIQSLOF4S71_FnEQeReJ29lKUAsU-YftA-BsgTm59dibsqnJ_YYBcu9-CRgviSFnMGkvBVKMokMR6TlEKLfWhb1mnLsQEBytZQA0FR8sWSXneaZ3w86T8vu167GBL7tkMmvhXC5w8KHu2BcmfflnwA1731M3_9FWcOI6zMnKEJGP8O_ERmA8R_ShajWAKprN6A7nLXteBi1c79BLJVLKTOR6dPnO7mfo6kQX2Xu6enBnVVdVZc25DhARo0HN7ieP9N9lSd4iI_EwCPOt34A9XPwCQ3ptrjRDpklw0C9deHJHQP0=w575-h766-no

Can’t see on Tapa or on webview. Wonder why not

30 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

A spot that was told about by a herper. It’s mostly a bunch of boards and stuff behind some abandoned structures kind of in the middle of the island.

Lots and lots of these sneks in the dunes......

2 hours ago, smwhorn said:

Lots and lots of these sneks in the dunes......

There are.  I used to teal hunt down by Bryan beach in high school. I have a pic somewhere of 3 5’+ rattlesnakes killed during one hunt. Every damn one of them was on the walking path from the truck to the tank. 

1 hour ago, Moby Ric said:

Not really it keeps things like snakes and mice out of my garage.  I personally don't want snakes and mice in my garage, but maybe some people do.

Just saying you could use traps that are more humane.  But you do you man.  I'm just a guy on the internet.  This world is fucked up enough as it is.

Had a decent sized moccasin slide off the drive into parents tank yesterday as I walked by.  He looked to have been well fed, lots of bullfrogs I’m sure.  Slid right back out into the reeds and sat about 2’ off the water.  Too many grandkids around, will get the .410 treatment at some point. 

On 5/27/2019 at 4:31 PM, 4th and 5 said:

Almost hit a large coachwhip in the neighborhood yesterday. Go the truck stopped and jumped out to grab it but made it into a jasmine bush before I could get a hand on it. They are one fast moving snake. 

This morning, other end of the same street, 4 foot rat snake, couldn’t stop in time but missed him, hopped out but he gone.

Edited by 4th and 5

On 5/27/2019 at 8:20 PM, Shaggy3.0 said:

These guys were hanging out on my parent’s home.
Will snek be nearby?

42fce8f348ff462273e91dd681f84949.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dunno about their relevance to snek population but those things are badass. We had a fat one on our porch for a couple years that we actually gave a name to. Mofo ate a TON of bugs. 

I have one resident lizard like that. Scared the shit out of me when I sat down on patio sofa and he was hanging out on the cushion edge and went crazy. See him every few days. He's cool but pretty sure he's the one crawling in my grill and leaving little shit pellets to cook on. Not cool...