¡Snek!

Patricio Swayze

so a snake broke into a house to bite a sleeping person.  what the FUCK@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

spawn of satan, they are.

seriously, the fuckity fuck?!  kill all of them.  late nature sort the shit out.

3 hours ago, crash_davis said:

so a snake broke into a house to bite a sleeping person.  what the FUCK@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

spawn of satan, they are.

seriously, the fuckity fuck?!  kill all of them.  late nature sort the shit out.

pretty sure nature IS sorting the shit out

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 11:25 AM, smwhorn said:

I still don't understand how Texans don't realize that there are as many or more rattlers on Texas beaches, than all of the rest of the state combined.  The abundance of prey is pretty much unlimited in the dunes and so are they.  About 10 years ago me and a buddy drove up State Park Road 100 on South Padre Island all of the way until sand had covered the road where you couldn't go any further without 4 wheel drive.  We decided to get out and look around, and not more than 30 feet off the road, in the dunes to the bay side of the island, I came across a pit with dozens and dozens, maybe even hundreds of rattlers.  Scared the shit out of me.  They're everywhere in the dunes.  You just usually don't see them. 

I still don't understand how Texans don't realize that there are as many or more rattlers on Texas beaches, than all of the rest of the state combined.  The abundance of prey is pretty much unlimited in the dunes and so are they.  About 10 years ago me and a buddy drove up State Park Road 100 on South Padre Island all of the way until sand had covered the road where you couldn't go any further without 4 wheel drive.  We decided to get out and look around, and not more than 30 feet off the road, in the dunes to the bay side of the island, I came across a pit with dozens and dozens, maybe even hundreds of rattlers.  Scared the shit out of me.  They're everywhere in the dunes.  You just usually don't see them. 

I'm 31 and been in Texas for about 25 years of my life and this has never crossed my mind. Fuck the beach now
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

I'm 31 and been in Texas for about 25 years of my life and this has never crossed my mind. Fuck the beach now

Keep in mind that an encounter with a venomous snake isn't really dangerous, but an interaction with one very well can be.  The best course, just like pretty much any other aspect of life, is to educate yourself about the risks.  If you know where they are, most often in the dunes, you can avoid those areas and still enjoy the beach.  They're no more interested in interacting with you, than you are with them.  What get's me is seeing dumbass drunk people sneak off into the dunes to take a piss, with no clue of the dangers there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Just when you can’t take any more of that incessant yapping, they go and totally redeem themselves. Effing awesome!

Dachshunds are all bite. My parents' 15 year old one is missing an eye but she's killed over 50 rats and 3 snakes from the field behind their house. She lives to kill. Their 50lbs other dog hasn't killed a thing in his life.

Edited by SimonBolivar

1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

Dachshunds are all bite. My parents' 15 year old one is missing an eye but she's killed over 50 rats and 3 snakes from the field behind their house. She lives to kill. Their 50lbs other dog hasn't killed a thing in his life.

Mine aren't.  Mine are spoiled little sissy brats that won't go outside if it's so much as misting or less than 55 degrees.  The only things they kill are the toys I buy them.

• Like 1

had a Mini Dachshund that weighed 10lbs soaking wet...  he was a ball of muscle, teeth, and testosterone.  A much bigger dog (off leash) attacked him and he basically tore it's face off before I could even yank back on his leash.  Blood and fur everywhere.  There is a reason they used them to hunt badger.

Also if you left a beer unattended he would knock it over so he could lap it up....  I loved that little shit of a dog. 

He would always follow me around until our son was born, then he'd just stay in the room next to him...probably for scraps, but he was very protective right from the git go.

Spoiler

105_0551_zps019c82c2.jpg

• Like 6

I spent a great deal of time as a kiddo with a standard Dachshund named Fritz that used to hang out at my grandmother's place.  I think it's because he was standard and not a "toy" model, but he was a quiet, even tempered, great dog/good boy.  Probably because I was a little kid, but he seemed to be pretty good sized for a Dachshund.  I have been favorably disposed ever since despite encountering a lot of yappy spastic toy models.  I do not care for any "toy" or "teacup" version of anything.  Too much breeding, they're the hemphiliac, incestuous Romanovs of the animal kingdom.

Edited by TwiceHorn

19 minutes ago, mchookem said:

you'd think instinctually they'd know not to fuck with each other

These satanic beasts have tiny brains and their only instinct is to be evil.

if I were president, there wouldn’t be any snakes or mosquitos. Exception for the indigo snake just in case we missed some rattlers.