¡Snek!

Patricio Swayze

It was a joke related to a story I’ve told here before. I had a friend who was so cheap that when we were out dove hunting and came across one of these rascals he leans his shotgun up against a tree and beat the snek to death with a stick. All to save one shell.

In other news, another friend reached into a faucet hole to turn off the water and got bit by a rattler last week out near Lubbock. Made the local news. His arm swole up pretty bad and he spent some time in the hospital but he came out ok. Didn’t lose any limbs or digits. Pretty lucky. Y’all be careful out there.

30 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Stupid ? Time and I’m not a hunter, but couldn’t the snake stumbled upon just be shoo’d away instead of killing it?  

if i'm taking a nice hike and happen on a rattlesnek, i'm letting it go.  if i'm already in the killing mood with gun in hand and a box full of shells, snek never had a chance.

25 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Texas rat snek

I guess I should have qualified that pic with its location. Second floor of a Quest testing lab in western PA. 

I assume some other variant of rat snek then. 

Edited by heso

Siamese copperheads

snakecrop5.png

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article218718450.html

has video

In subsequent Facebook posts, state biologists fielded questions that explained both heads are capable of attacking and biting, both heads will eat their prey, and both mouths can distribute the venom to their victims.

At least one person asked if it’s possible the two heads would fight over food, a question that has not yet been answered by wildlife officials.

Edited by clapclapclap