¡Snek!

Patricio Swayze

That's why I kill all snakes, never know when that diamond back water snake is an rattler pretending to be a water snake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya and what if a pit viper stumbles across the skin of a garter snake, puts it on, and masquerades as a sweet little friend of mankind.
  • Like 1

Swayze is correct -

Vertical lines on mouth mean not a cottonmouth and are an easy ID even if you can't see pupils or recognize a pattern.

Lots of them will even flatten their heads to make them look more diamond shaped and fool you into thinking they're a moccasin, but the stripes are a dead giveaway.

This thread is nightmare fuel.

My worst snek tale ain't too bad.  We have timber rattlers in the hills of northeast Iowa/southeast Minnesota, and they tend to like rocky outcroppings often found along streams and rivers in the area.  One of my favorite bike trails sits in the Root River Valley, which is pretty prime snek country.

Anyhow, I'm riding along, full tilt, and see a stick up ahead on the trail.  At the last second, I swerve to not run it over.  It was not a stick.  It was a snek.  A pissed off rattler, and it went right for my exposed calf.  He missed, thankfully, and scurried off.  I'm still not sure how I didn't have a heart attack on the spot and crash.

Fuck sneks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...