¡Snek!

Patricio Swayze

5 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Swimming towards you isn’t chasing or attacking. I’m gonna need to see some proof of these snakes chasing people. Just one video.

Any of you east Texas Nancy boys ever come across a timber rattler? Closest to me that I have heard of sightings of them já the woodlands.

There's a few just across the road from the TPW office on Texoma. 

Of course. I hated seeing Ricky go out like that.

It wasn’t Ricky, it was the Irish ginger.

Also, that guy in the video mentioned that they dive to escape predators. I’ve seen over a hundred cottonmouths in my life, chased them (with weaponry), and been chased by them on countless occasions. Never once, have I seen one dive. On land, I don’t think they’re going to come after you unprovoked, but in the water, they’re territorial as shit. Back to the video, he mentioned that the snake’s venom glands were full. Do you think this guy made that video with a snek that he’d maybe caught, and then had it de-fanged kind of like those cobra kissing dipshits do? I’ve just never seen one that docile, ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a snake-this time.  I went to the farm this past weekend, and this little feller has set up housekeeping in the overflow of the bathroom basin sink.  I tried to grab him with a hemostat, but he's too fast for me. And slippery.  The interwebs tell me that I can drive him out with hot water, but I don't want to hurt the little feller.  So, Imma just gonna plug the hole for like the next six months.  Maybe he'll go back to whence he came. 

B661B954-74D4-4623-9658-B33DA7EC4E89.png

Sister in law sent this today. Was in the street in front of their house in Cypress (the live along a creek and golf course). Texas Coral  

OcU6rLtx_o.jpeg

i have been out looking for Hognose snakes the last couple of days with no luck. Might try again tomorrow. Did see another rough green snake and a ribbon snake, but they are so damn fast. 

Edited by Patricio Swayze

17 hours ago, bmbmd said:

For those who may have skimmed by the link, a couple of excerpts:

rattle1.jpg?itok=-M4Y4BcL

In 20 years of fishing the Upper Brazos River in Texas, Shane Davies of River Run Guide Service (214-418-9786) has earned a reputation for using unusual baits to catch big bass. But he topped himself on a recent outing, landing a 10-lb. largemouth with, of all things, a rattlesnake. Here's the story--with the pictures to prove it--of how Davies pulled off his unusual catch.

rattle9.jpg?itok=jXJVS23A

He grabbed the ¾ oz. Stanley weedless jig he'd been fishing and threaded the hook through the rattler's bottom lip and out the top of its head.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I could take credit for this one, but Lt Colonel Homesickhorn sent this picture this morning from Kerrville, asking what kind of snek he was looking at.
ed38c4ea393cf2d8ab8089bd90fc689f.jpg

I told him it was a hognose, and to figure out a way to catch the fucker and bring it to me in Lakeway (we’re at a family event here until Sunday.

Now, the little fucker is mine.
4c6d9025d8b0a5d362d257db357e0801.jpg

• Like 3

I wish I could take credit for this one, but Lt Colonel Homesickhorn sent this picture this morning from Kerrville, asking what kind of snek he was looking at.

ed38c4ea393cf2d8ab8089bd90fc689f.jpg

I told him it was a hognose, and to figure out a way to catch the fucker and bring it to me in Lakeway (we’re at a family event here until Sunday.

Now, the little fucker is mine.

4c6d9025d8b0a5d362d257db357e0801.jpg

So white. I know you so I know my assumption is correct

You lucky fucker. Nice western or plains hognose. I still haven’t found a eastern. Hoping next spring to find one.

I left out the fact that my dad said that there were actually three of them down by our mailbox. I told him to try and collect all three, but by the time he got back down there, there was only this guy. I figure that to probably mean that an adult female lives around my folks place, and these little guys are her hatchlings. He’s going to keep an eye out for more, and when I go back home in a couple of weeks, you can bet your ass I’m gonna be looking. He’s a cool little critter, and actually is young enough to not know that being handled isn’t par for the course for a wild snake. Little Homesick named him L.W., for Lakeway. But we’re calling him ‘Dubs’.