¡Snek!

Patricio Swayze

51 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

I'm not sure I could ever come back from a ninja tree dropping rattlesnake attack.  I'd probably never go outside again.  

11 or 12 years old in a small dingy at a fresh water marina complex. We're cruising around and under the docks (low tide) .  As we pass close by a dock pylon I look up to my right, and about 12" from my head is a decent sized snake (18-24" probably) coiled up on a ledge right above my head.  

I don't think I've ever moved so fast in the opposite direction in my life.  Turned out to just be a black snake, but 12" from your head, and it might as well have been a Momba.  How I didn't piss and shit my pants is a mystery to this day...

1 minute ago, miguelito said:

Imgur - I know, I know, it doesn't work too good.  But I've not had the problems that others have had.  I figured it was just everyone else fucking up.

I just wanted to show a picture of a checkered garter snake!

I haven't been able to post from Imgur.  Using tinypics, it's a photobucket owned site so trust isnt too high, but it works

Turns out that rattlesnake didn't jump out of a tree.  Croc Dundee thought it was a gator, paddled over and picked it up.

Nice video at the link:  "What kind of guy is your brother?"  "A glorious idiot."

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/38243373/upstate-man-bitten-3-times-by-rattlesnake-after-it-fell-from-a-tree-while-he-was-kayaking

An Upstate man has been released from intensive care after being bitten by a rattlesnake three times while kayaking on the Edisto River.

Michael Adams, 28, was kayaking on an annual camping trip when family members said he was bitten three times on the hand by the rattlesnake. The group traveled to the nearest landing and called 911.

Colleton County Fire and Rescue officials initially said that the snake fell from a tree and onto Adams, but his brothers said Tuesday that he yanked the snake out of the river because he thought it was an alligator.

"When somebody yelled they’d seen an alligator, he decided he was going to go after it and it turned out to be a snake and he still grabbed it," his brother, Kyle Colquitt said. "He reached in, grabbed it and it bit him three times in the hand. He turned around and said, ‘Well, it bit me,’ and we started paddling.”

They stopped at the first house they saw as Adams' hand began swelling.

According to WCSC, Colleton County Fire and Rescue officials say the medic arrived about 12 minutes later and began treating Adams. The Colleton Medical Center was contacted and had anti-venom available.

Adams, who is an army vet, and his family live in Anderson, South Carolina. They said he was in critical condition at MUSC in Charleston on breathing machines Monday, but is expected to make a full recovery.

On Tuesday the family said he was released from intensive care, but there are concerns about possible nerve damage from the snake bite.

If all goes as planned, Adams is expected to return home Wednesday or Thursday.

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Like 1