Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

Just now, BurntEyes said:

You forgot wins.

Now ask me if I give a fuck. 

Rape, Child abuse and Pederast rings bad, all else is in the game.

This holier than thou shit is why Texas is deeply embedded in mediocrity. 

If you don't want Texas to ever be a consistent national championship contender, fine.

If you do it is time to wake up to reality.

Agreed. Outside of Art Briles, Paterno, and etc type deals I could give two shits 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, BurntEyes said:

So you think Sexual assault is on the same level as money and PED shenanigans?

Also, how many national championships did Briles win? 

We are we talking about Briles?

Geez dude, you are touchy. I simply made an observation. Get the stick out of your ass. Dabo nor Briles (especially not Briles) are the solution as head coach. And for that matter neither is Urban considering the types of evil that he allows to fester in the programs that he runs. 

Might as well hire the HBU coach if Herman is told to kick rocks on his way out of Austin.

Just now, UDontKnow said:

Geez dude, you are touchy. I simply made an observation. Get the stick out of your ass. Dabo nor Briles (especially not Briles) are the solution as head coach. And for that matter neither is Urban considering the types of evil that he allows to fester in the programs that he runs. 

Might as well hire the HBU coach if Herman is told to kick rocks on his way out of Austin.

Why isn’t Dabo or Urban the solution? I’ll need further clarification  

2 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I'm not touchy I just get irritated by stupidity. 

I'm sure you're a morally upstanding project head coach guy. That's fine, because that means you enjoy mediocrity and rarely winning conference championships, much less national championship.

You brought up Briles as a moral comparison to Dabo and Urban AGAIN. So that means you DO think PEds and money shit is on the same level as Rape. We disagree, and your takes are shit just like you.

Irritated by stupidity, that's fresh coming from you. So it's win at all costs? In case you have dementia (which you likely do based on your posts), you have probably forgotten that Urban Meyer protected an enabled a wife beating assistant coach in Columbus. Is that on the same level as enabling rape? Or would you like to parse the different kinds of violence towards women, you sanctimonious cunt.

4 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Irritated by stupidity, that's fresh coming from you. So it's win at all costs? In case you have dementia (which you likely do based on your posts), you have probably forgotten that Urban Meyer protected an enabled a wife beating assistant coach in Columbus. Is that on the same level as enabling rape? Or would you like to parse the different kinds of violence towards women, you sanctimonious cunt.

Don’t care. Just win. 

Please tell me why Urban or Dabo isn’t the guy?

your moral high ground attitude is why we’ve been dog shit since DKR outside of Mack.

we make dog shit hires instead of doing what schools who actually give a shit about football do. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

I don't know how many times I have to repost the same thing.

Head football coaches are megalomaniacal.

Why did Saban leave LSU after winning a a natty?

Coaches move, for money but more frequently for ego. 

Be sure, right now Saban and Urban can laugh at Dabo.

Saban: Oh, you won an NC at a University huh, I got em at TWO universities, and more than you.

Urban: Hold my beer.

Do they actually have that conversation, no, but Dabo possibly does in his own head.

I don't think it's a lock, but to to automatically assume, counter to lots of evidence to the contrary, that it's impossible because he is "comfortable" let's me know you have, never in your life, known a head coach at any level.

All that said, Urban ends up at USC or Texas, book it. I am absolutely certain about it. If we can't get Dabo, who is my first choice, I'm okay "settling" for Urban. But that's the list, all of it. The rest is just more of the same shit, and I am no longer interested in eating any of it.

Saban left for the NFL dumbass.

• Like 1

I have come to the conclusion that it's impossible to consistently win in college football without some cheating because you will be going up against cheaters and lose. I am ok with my coach having to cheat a little to make us good as long as the cheating doesn't involve actual crimes; I don't give a flying fuck about breaking some bullshit rules made up by NCAA that many coaches break anyways.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Newy25 said:

Our offensive line is a rebuild next year. And in case you have not been paying attention, we have been recruiting that position as well as we game plan for TCU. 

While this year’OL is finally givingSam some pass protection, it’s not like they are busting holes to let our RBs get major yards consistently, and looking at the Tech game what they were doing with a three man rush toward game’s end was also embarrassing.

We seem to always have OL issues since 2005.

10 hours ago, Cajun said:

I'm beginning to agree.  He's afraid to make the big changes and lives around the edges.

CDC is politically more  savvy than Patterson, and makes better fashion choices, but is merely a talking head apparently and only engages in little skirmishes while avoiding big issues because he likes a nice paycheck and nothing that would threaten it.

Bellmont gonna Bellmont.

1 hour ago, tx ind said:

^^^Dabo appears to be different, very humble and you’re wrong.

The Dabo talk baffles me, not because he wouldn’t work out theoretically but that he wouldn’t leave a great gig and system he has worked for years to install, just to be able to come into this toxic tornado and less success. Doesn’t make sense even to mention him .

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, El Squared said:

The Dabo talk baffles me, not because he wouldn’t work out theoretically but that he wouldn’t leave a great gig and system he has worked for years to install, just to be able to come into this toxic tornado and less success. Doesn’t make sense even to mention him .

He can come to Texas and pair his church with Joel Osteen and take over Houston recruiting!

3 hours ago, Alien Octopus said:

Either he wins the Big XII or GTFO. In light of his track record I am thinking he should GTFO. 

I would offer Bryan Harsin the job. I believe he has won a lot more games than Mensa and coaches a more appropriate offense for the Big XII. With his resume, he will likely be more aggressive w poaching top coaches. Maybe he can teach his rbs not to reach for the fucking end zone going in and for his gotdamned lines to stay in legal  mother fucking formations and have more explosive plays than penalties.

Christ I wanted Harsin back in 2016. Shit I wanted Mack to step down after 63-21 in 2012 and have Harsin take over. He’d probably be our head coach right now and we wouldn’t have wasted a decade. Fuck you, Mack. Fuck you, Deloss. Fuck you, Red. Fuck everyone involved in that country club shit. Christ we need some fucking cocaine and testosterone in Bellmont. Enough of this shit 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Please point out where I said Saban left LSU and went directly to Bama, then let me know how exactly that effects my point, dumb ass.

Your entire argument is that we can get Dabo which is fucking laughable , there is only one national title winning coach that was poached from their school by another and he's currently coaching mediocre teams in College Station. No current title contending coach has left the program they built for another program other than Jimbo, Dabo ain't leaving Clemson.

Edited by Not a Sock

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

Fuck everyone involved in that country club shit. Christ we need some fucking cocaine and testosterone in Bellmont. Enough of this shit 

You mean the lady working event staff that told me after the loss outside DKR "Sir this is a tobacco free campus!" isn't the answer?

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

then let me know how exactly that effects my point, dumb ass.

Because Dabo ain't leaving for the NFL. He's already had more success at Clemson than Saban did at LSU by far. 

To further the discussion, we would have a better chance at snagging Saban than Dabo. 

Edited by ztejas

7 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Was it cigs or dip?

Heater. I did politely put it out because there were a few cops I had to walk by. Thinking back I doubt they would have cared. 

And obviously I'm joking. It was just a perfect way to end that horrible loss. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Fletch said:

Christ I wanted Harsin back in 2016. Shit I wanted Mack to step down after 63-21 in 2012 and have Harsin take over. He’d probably be our head coach right now and we wouldn’t have wasted a decade. Fuck you, Mack. Fuck you, Deloss. Fuck you, Red. Fuck everyone involved in that country club shit. Christ we need some fucking cocaine and testosterone in Bellmont. Enough of this shit 

To add to this, could you imagine what Harsin would’ve done with Shane? Or maybe he sees Mahomes for the stud that he is and offers him. Jesus Sam is tailor made for the Harsin offense. Jesus fuck I’m sick of playing “what if?” With UT sports. Either win or get the fuck out! No mother fucking excuses! Oh? Our starting qb got injured? Fuck you, win. You had a beef with one of your coaches, huh? Fuck you, win. The coaches office burnt down, eh? Fuck you, win. This has been OU, Bama’s, Auburn, tOSU, and LSU’s philosophy since the early 2000’s. Enough of this winning with class shit. I want 4 fucking quarters of assault on our opponent. Make em scared fuckless at the sight of burnt orange. I want opposing teams players seeing physiatrist for life after 4 years of getting their eyes gouged out and skull fucked by the machine The University of Texas outta be. Fuck!!!!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

Just hire Matt Campbell. It isn't sexy but at least his teams play with heart and fight.  They completely over achieve. Can you imagine trying to recruit players to Ames? 

They beat teams they're underdogs against and lose to teams they should beat. We already have that. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

I had a handful of players I was friends with because of who I knew back around the MNC days and the stories I’ve heard about Mack not in front of cameras. 

they told me getting called into his office was the worst because he would rip you apart and etc. 

I know @Goo Punch knew some players on the team around them too and has shared/heard similar stuff. 

Don't see anything wrong with this. Keep it inside the family.

6 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

No, but we can hire a head coach that is willing to and has shown the ability to, at the highest level, teach those things and has proven such by actually, you know, winning championship at that very level.

It's a crazy idea.

The two best football coaches this school ever hired would not pass this test. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

PSA: y'all sound like aggy calling for Bellicheck coaching in College Station when you discuss Dabo as a real possibility to replace Herman. Texas has nothing to offer that Clemson doesn't outside of an intangible and rapidly fading "blueblood" status which nobody gives a shit about.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, troph said:

That’s his brand. I’m sure he believes some of it but it’s how he relates to the outside football world. No way he’s an egoless Sunday school teacher. No one at the top is without ego. And don’t underestimate boredom.

Yep.  We tended to think the same of Mack and look how that ended up.

9 hours ago, Fletch said:

Well if it testosterone and coke, then hire Briles. We can run a campaign for giving scholarships and voting rights to felons at the same time.

• Hook 'Em 1

I wouldn’t take Barry Switzer but that’s about it. Jimmy Johnson is welcome anytime.

*and I don’t want Briles but Baylor’s blend of evangelical hypocritical bullshit at the top and hardon for finally winning was more of an issue than Briles. That university will kick a woman out for giving a BJ to her fiancé, and if you don’t think that’s a license for bad dudes to do bad things because she knows SHE’S going to get in trouble first when she reports an assault then I don’t know what to tell you. Any father that sends his daughter to Baylor is asking for trouble.

• Hook 'Em 1

What? 
So DKR and Mack never won a championship at Texas? Interesting, could have sworn they did. 
More importantly, the point is NOT what coaches in the past of have done, but what we want from the future coach.
You enjoy mediocre, super duper ethical, I'm a good guy, head coaches that suck at their actual job of, you know, winning football games and more importantly conference and national championship, all good. I don't. BTW, Mack was actually pretty shitty at winning conference championship. So perhaps we agree there. 

He was saying no natties before DKR or Mack was hired. They don’t fit your current criteria at the time they were hired.

DKR can’t be in the discussion anymore. He didn’t have scholly limits and had unlimited resources and competition was limited nationally to about 8-10 teams and one - OU - wasn’t in his conference.
  • Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

My point was head coaches are megalomaniacal. Saban, after winning an NC in a situation not entirely dissimilar to Clemson, but really more prestigious, left for what the though we're greener pastures. Whether that be the NFL or not, he backs my point of coaches being megalomaniacal. Jimbo did it, but admittedly under different circumstances. Your very first response to was inform me he left for the NFL, and call me a dumb ass, falsely indicating that I wrote he left LSU and went straight to Bama. I didn't, and you were incorrect in that accusation.

Most people think Dabo would go to Bama if Saban left. Why? Because it's a higher profile university, in a more "prestigious" football conference, and he attended Bama. While he did not attend Texas, Texas is absolutely higher profile, in a conference largely regarded, incorrectly or not, as more prestigious than the ACC. Not only that, but if he's not stupid he recognizes that it extremely fertile recruiting territory and oh yeah, Ousux is the ONLY other real contender for the conference. 

My point is and was it does fucking happen. Not that it will. That it's not impossible given the mindset of head coaches, and it's not. 

Beyond that, I have consistently, over and over said there are TWO options. So.. if I'm wrong and we end up with my back up choice of Urban..  oh fucking no!

To leverage conversations with both is the smart business move.

To select anyone outside those two is absolute confirmation that Texas athletics is committed, forever, to mediocrity. That's an option too, I'm just not going to care about it anymore. I'll commit to running out of fucks to give about the fucked up program of mediocrity. I don't want that, but history is telling me I should.

Primarily, my point has been that I don't want another project, feel good, next big thing, up and coming head football coach. If you are good with that type of coaching... Well good for you.

Finally, and most importantly, this is the fire Tom Herman thread. I've provided ample evidence over and over and over again as to A) Why he is a shit coach and B) Why, financially, not dumping him immediately is actually a lose/lose for both academics and athletics. Since that is the point of this thread and the first focus I don't really care to further debate, here, what Dabo will or will not do. 

You have a view of absolute certainty, about what another human might or might not do. That you have a personal link and view into the mind of a head coach. I think there are possible alternatives to your absolute certainty. One of us seems reasonable and the other like a person looking for an argument based on "data" that they made up.

I'm finished going back and forth with you and others of the same certainty as time will tell. First, we need to dump the albatross around our neck and then avoid finding a new one.

LMAO bigger brands. Dabo has won 2 national titles  in the last 5 years that ties Texas with the amount of titles we have won in the last 50 years. Dabo and Clemson are already at the top of the CFB Clemson already pays him 9 million a year and he is king of that school and town and recruits at an elite level now. Texas and Alabama offer nothing more to Dabo as he is already proven that he can win with what he has built at Clemson. Talking about brand is just fans wish casting and would be an argument if we are talking about poaching a coach from mid tier program but Clemson is already at the top of the food chain. Coaches may have massive egos but they aren’t stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yknow. probably a more sanguine way of looking at this whole mess is that rarely do coaching changes work out for the better, and, they're inevitable.

We wandered the desert for 30 years after DKR hung it up.  Alabama same after Bryant.

Rarely do programs find a "worthy successor" to the best coaches in their program history.

None of that is to say we should have kept Mack, he was done here.

And no program can avoid eventually having to change coaches.

• Hook 'Em 1

In terms of brand we are probably two plays away from having titles in the 60’s, 70’s, 90’s and 00’s - UGA ‘83 and Bama ‘09. We’d have another confirmed legend in Fred Akers and well that wouldn’t change anything today but it sure as shit would make “We’re Texas” mean something. Would love another 2 titles to my personal experience.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, troph said:

In terms of brand we are probably two plays away from having titles in the 60’s, 70’s, 90’s and 00’s - UGA ‘83 and Bama ‘09. We’d have another confirmed legend in Fred Akers and well that wouldn’t change anything today but it sure as shit would make “We’re Texas” mean something. Would love another 2 titles to my personal experience.

It means something to the fans, it does not mean anything to Dabo who is rolling in Clemson and has no TX ties. Brand matters to those that have been attached to the program at some point.

2 minutes ago, troph said:

With our recruiting and coaches we are not even in the same stratosphere as title contending teams. I think we try to convince ourselves we are landing studs or diamonds in the rough then we barely beat shitty middle of the pack teams. Bama, Clemson, Ohio st would beat us by 21 with ease. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, immamac said:

I thought this thread was about firing or not firing Tom Herman. From the last few pages it seems like everyone just shares the same conclusion? Herman is out at Texas? Completely irredeemable?

Unless we successfully attempt a coup against CDC, he’s not going anywhere 

This week will be the cleanup 2.0

So we are supposed to believe that TH was told to clean it up after last year. He cleaned house and the thing was polished up, tip top! Everyone like the sunshine pumping crowd and obviously CDC were sold. We struggle and stumble to a 2-0 record only to be shocked that this thing is still not clean. How much more cleaning does CDC want to see. Damn CDC, a polished up turd is still a polished up team that is ill prepared and makes huge mental mistakes, cannot over come obstacles and just plays like a bunch a celebrating Aggies after a stop at the line of scrimmage, after they drive your ass back 40 yards!

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas