LSU is going in dry

texifornia

I’ve always rooted for LSU. Except for the Cotton Bowl when Roy dragged his nuts on their face.
This makes me like them more.
First college game I ever went to. Dad got us tickets on the Texas side. I had no ties to the team or anything, didn't have any UT clothing. Dad wasn't a Texas fan, just wanted to take me to two blue bloods in the Cotton Bowl. Watched Simms and Roy go off. Texas fan for life after that. /csb

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Lived in LA for over a decade - Love the Tigers, behind my Horns!!!!

Son’s room growing up was half LSU and half UT! Asked as a child if his Grandpa (‘63 Horns Team) would be mad if he went to LSU - Grandpa said, “As long as it’s not aggy”!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

First college game I ever went to. Dad got us tickets on the Texas side. I had no ties to the team or anything, didn't have any UT clothing. Dad wasn't a Texas fan, just wanted to take me to two blue bloods in the Cotton Bowl. Watched Simms and Roy go off. Texas fan for life after that. /csb

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I was so fucking hungover in the Delt house that morning. Goddamn I still cringe thinking about that hangover. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gmr548 said:

2 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

I was so fucking hungover in the Delt house that morning. Goddamn I still cringe thinking about that hangover. 

I went to that game. Didn’t think much of the matchup, because LSU was ~8-3 and Texas was 8-3 or 9-2, so tickets weren’t that expensive and a group of friends from high school/middle school days went. 

It was not my first college game however. I think that my first was UT vs Alabama in the Cotton Bowl when Bear Bryant coached his last game. Fairly certain Texas won 14-12 after taking a late safety so that they could waste time before booming the ball away with seconds left in the game. 

I cheer for LSU against everyone not called Texas.  Our family lived in Baton Rouge for 11 years, grew up going to the games in the 70s when they were coached by Charlie McClendon.  

Nothing beats a Saturday night game at Death Valley. 

Hope they do go in dry on UGA.

Edited by DigglerontheHoof

Been to BR a couple of times for basketball games never FB but always enjoyed it even though UK got whooped the times I’ve been.  Almost got my ass kicked for no reason at all other than they’re just crazy as fuck.  I like watching Tiger games from BR, think they do it right.  

Need some diversity of opinion in this thread... I've always hated LSU. Overrated as a program, and their unemployed trailer trash fanbase was super obnoxious in the 2009 CWS. 
I have had the opposite experience with their fans. I worked with a ton of LSU grads and they can hand-wring with the best of us Longhorns. Especially during the decline of the Mad Hatter. They were good at making fun of themselves.

Oh, and they can fucking party. Come one, come all, they don't give a shit as long as you aren't an asshole and have a good time.

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I cheer for LSU against everyone not called Texas.  Our family lived in Baton Rouge for 11 years, grew up going to the games in the 70s when they were coached by Charlie McClendon.  

Nothing beats a Saturday night game at Death Valley. 

Hope they do go in dry on UGA.

Great, now I read your posts in that horrible accent.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Great, now I read your posts in that horrible accent.  

Momma was coonass but dad was Texan and had a really pronounced Texas accent. Growing up with the two of them left me with a fairly ambitious accent...hard to place. 

But if I’m down that way for a few days I’ll start to parle.

• Like 1