2018-19 NBA Season Thread

BigOrange1

I've seen multiple replays and can find no angle which supports Paul's claim of being spit on.  However, it's more than obvious he put his finger in Rondo's face.  That BS and he deserved to get smacked if you do that to a guy's face.  If he can't support his claim, then Paul needs to get 5 games, Rondo 3, and Ingram 6 or 7.

16 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I've seen multiple replays and can find no angle which supports Paul's claim of being spit on.  However, it's more than obvious he put his finger in Rondo's face.  That BS and he deserved to get smacked if you do that to a guy's face.  If he can't support his claim, then Paul needs to get 5 games, Rondo 3, and Ingram 6 or 7.

This is a better angle. I don't see why CP3 would poke Rondo in the face unless he was provoked.

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

This is a better angle. I don't see why CP3 would poke Rondo in the face unless he was provoked.

The easy alternative is Rondo said something that provoked him....  CP3 isn't exactly known for his diplomacy either.  Maybe Rondo did, I don't know.  Simply saying I didn't see anything definitive so he'll need more than his claim.  Melo's there.  Lebron's there.  2 refs are there.  They'll need to weigh in.

Rondo got the cheap shot first after he spit on a man like a bitch. Then Paul devestated him with a right upper cut and a straight left. He’s lucky Lebron was there to save him. Rondo’s a bitch

If you put your finger in a man’s face like CP did, getting punched isn’t a “cheap shot.”

As for Ingram’s shove, he’s likely just sick of Harden’s act like most non-Rockets and let his frustration get the best of him. Stupid to do so, even though the whining and flopping is just a fucking beating. Of course, he definitely deserves a long suspension for his cheap shot punch at the end.

1 minute ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

If you put your finger in a man’s face like CP did, getting punched isn’t a “cheap shot.”

As for Ingram’s shove, he’s likely just sick of Harden’s act like most non-Rockets and let his frustration get the best of him. Stupid to do so, even though the whining and flopping is just a fucking beating. Of course, he definitely deserves a long suspension for his cheap shot punch at the end.

Finger was for the spit. And what the fuck was Rondo running his mouth for anyway?  Defending pushing someone in the back?

Its game two. WTF is Ingram sick of?  Being a bust?  He fouled him. Will he cry when Lebron gets continuation from half court?  And then running in to throw a punch at the back of Chris Paul’s Head? Lol. If he can’t handle getting worked maybe he should try Euro ball or something. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Trae Young can ball.  I laughed at those who thought Sexton would be better.  That debate is far from being settled but I'll stake my money on Trae. 

Yeah, I laughed at the people who said he couldn't play.  He's the most refined offensive player out of college in a long time.  He can score from anywhere and can run the point.  Playing in a terrible East will help.  He'll prolly average 20/8 over the season.

• Like 1

yes, i recall the trae young wars back on shaggy. i too have been on the side that says he's going to be a good pro. he's not as a big as steph, and bottom line he's just not steph, but the kid has real game, beyond just his shooting. and with the spacing and tempo of the nba he should be even better there than he was in college.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

yes, i recall the trae young wars back on shaggy. i too have been on the side that says he's going to be a good pro. he's not as a big as steph, and bottom line he's just not steph, but the kid has real game, beyond just his shooting. and with the spacing and tempo of the nba he should be even better there than he was in college.

Shag hates anyone from OU with no rhyme or reason. Go look at all the hate for Baker Mayfield in college and now. It makes no sense except he played at OU and this is a UT message board.

15 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Trae Young can ball.  I laughed at those who thought Sexton would be better.  That debate is far from being settled but I'll stake my money on Trae. 

Who the hell thought Sexton would be better?  The debate was between Trae and Doncic, and I still believe Doncic has much higher potential than Young. One game against the hapless Cavs really shouldn't be the reason for "OMG TRAE IS SO GOOD" posts.

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

Who the hell thought Sexton would be better?  The debate was between Trae and Doncic, and I still believe Doncic has much higher potential than Young. One game against the hapless Cavs really shouldn't be the reason for "OMG TRAE IS SO GOOD" posts.

A fuckload of people thought Sexton was the better pro prospect.  Are you serious right now?  Who thought Trae should go top 3 overall?  Not one person I saw.  Doncic, Bagley and Ayton in their own class.  

What’s scary is this place is more objective than most.  
I mean I get it. Rivals will always hate their rivals players. But at least be reasonable and not Aggy where they said Vince was not a good QB. Baker and Trae Young were damn good in college. We'll see how they do in the pros.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:
What’s scary is this place is more objective than most.  

I mean I get it. Rivals will always hate their rivals players. But at least be reasonable and not Aggy where they said Vince was not a good QB. Baker and Trae Young were damn good in college. We'll see how they do in the pros.

I think Trae will have a pretty good pro career. He isn’t Steph and will never reach that level imo. The thing that will hang over him is the trade. IMO Doncic is the best player from this draft not named Ayton and trading him for Trae Young is gonna look bad on the Hawks for a long time imo 

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

A fuckload of people thought Sexton was the better pro prospect.  Are you serious right now?  Who thought Trae should go top 3 overall?  Not one person I saw.  Doncic, Bagley and Ayton in their own class.  

I don't think a lot had Trae Top 3 but most mock drafts and analysts had Trae over Sexton and both were drafted at about where they were expected.  I recall most mock drafts and analysts having Trae between 5-6 a lot, and Sexton sometimes crept up that high but mostly he was 7 or lower and he went 8.  One I recall that was very close had Trae at # 8 and then Sexton at # 9 (SI).  Trae would have gone higher if he was a little bigger (his wingspan is the much more concerning measurable than his height) and faster , that's just how it goes for smaller players, always going to be some skepticism there.  He should pile up some good stats on the roster they have right now, so it's a great learning opportunity for him to get a lot of experience this year.

• Like 2