Slayer’s Gary Holt calls Imagine Dragons the ‘shittiest band on earth’

ztejas

https://tonedeaf.thebrag.com/slayer-gary-holt-imagine-dragons-shittiest-band/

So me and Gary Holt agree on one thing at least. 

As Loudwire reports, Gary Holt also found himself watching Imagine Dragons’ halftime performance and was so incensed that he took to Instagram to note that they “suck giant hairy monkey balls”.

Edited by ztejas

I was at a 3-day music festival in San Diego in September and they were the "headliner" on Saturday night. I had zero interest in seeing this band live so I skipped out early. I told this to some co-workers and they thought I was crazy (my co-workers are nice but have shitty taste in music).

That said, a few of their songs are kind of catchy so I can see how some young people (and older people with shitty taste in music) might like them.

20 minutes ago, noharleyyet said:

I know it's get off my lawn'ish, but I just don't get it....good thing the garish cacophony was rescued by Lil Wayne....

It isn't get off my lawnish at all. I'm in my 20s and they are literally (and yes, I mean literally, the way the word was intended to be used) the only band I will every time, all of the time, tell someone that's driving to turn off or change the station. 

You can play Alex Jones talking about gay frogs over an album on Mongolian throat singing and it will annoy me less than any Imagine Dragons song. 

They are just irredeemably bad in a way that so few artists ever have been.

They are harmless pop with catchy hooks and no cussing. Tweeners love them and parents don’t feel bad about going along to a show. That said the lead singer is terrible and can’t hold a note. But even my son who’s a fan thought the halftime show sucked.

Fuck that. You are a bad parent if you are enabling this shit.

It's music for soccer moms and their children to listen to as they drive to and from practices, games and tournaments.  Bland, harmless, disposable, manufactured in a lab and focus group tested corporate pop.  It's almost like listening to a sound machine on the most annoying setting.  This shit has existed in one form or another for decades.  

Popular music - top of the charts - is full of nasty explicit lyrics or “clean” songs that are worse. I was in a spin class and a song came on about going to a gang bang. Look, I have my kids steeped in Willie, Guy Clark, and around the music mountain of all genres from there but I’m just not gonna complain when my 9 and 11 year old want to crank up thunder or whatever it takes. They’ve ingested those lyrics and they aren’t harming anyone. So we turn it up. Because we ain’t going to no gang bang that’s for damn sure.