Jump to content
ohchaucer

Shit Trader Joe's makes (when it's open)

Recommended Posts

This is what I bought instead, had it tonight, real fucking good. Definitely recommend. 
 
Linguine-Clam-Sauce-3.jpg
 

Must have gotten a better bag than me but game I bought of that was not good. The Thai fried rice isn’t good either. Way too much lemon grass. Had the chicken lo mein and was pretty impressed with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2019 at 2:04 PM, Hank_Hill said:

62196-mushroom-alfredo-sauce.jpg

This shit plus the cauliflower gnocchi and some spinach is a great quick weeknight dinner

Picked this up tonight with quite a few other suggestions from this thread. I love gnocchi. The cauliflower is interesting -- definitely doable. Bought some raw spinach and cooked it on the side to eat with it. Is that how you do it? Or do you cook it and mix it in with the sauce and gnocchi. I tore up some prosciutto and cooked that in too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Zepol87 said:


Must have gotten a better bag than me but game I bought of that was not good. The Thai fried rice isn’t good either. Way too much lemon grass. Had the chicken lo mein and was pretty impressed with it.

The Thai fried rice is ass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I mix it with the sauce, also add a lb of mushrooms. Prosciutto is a great look

That sounds badass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is all their Mexican stuff branded “Trader Jose’s” or just their tortillas?  Picked up some tortillas the other day and got them home and noticed that.  Laughed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Is all their Mexican stuff branded “Trader Jose’s” or just their tortillas?  Picked up some tortillas the other day and got them home and noticed that.  Laughed.

Triggered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

 Check out the name on the linguini above. 

Ha...Asian Stuff is Trader Ming’s too it looks like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Trader Joe's labels are sometimes named in accordance with the ethnicity of the food in question, such as "Trader Jose's" (Mexican food), "Baker Josef's" (flour and bagels), "Trader Giotto's" (Italian food), "Trader Joe-San's" (Japanese food), "Trader Ming's" (Asian food), "JosephsBrau" (beer), and "Trader Jacques'" (French food and soaps). 


Jingle Jangle Ice Cream is back and still my jam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2019 at 11:07 PM, C-Man said:

Picked this up tonight with quite a few other suggestions from this thread. I love gnocchi. The cauliflower is interesting -- definitely doable. Bought some raw spinach and cooked it on the side to eat with it. Is that how you do it? Or do you cook it and mix it in with the sauce and gnocchi. I tore up some prosciutto and cooked that in too.

 

First off I am not one of those cauliflower every thing health nuts. But if you cook the cauliflower gnocchi right it is one of my favorite things to eat and is a low calorie filling meal. 

Follow the pan fry directions exactly, once they have browned on a few sides, toss in some butter (or olive oil) sprinkle a little fresh parm on top and it's fucking better than some $30+ pasta dishes I have had at restaurants. 

The key is getting the outside crisp, pull too early and it's soggy as shit.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Is all their Mexican stuff branded “Trader Jose’s” or just their tortillas?  Picked up some tortillas the other day and got them home and noticed that.  Laughed.

Several of their Mexican items are branded Trader Jose's.  Italian stuff = Trader Giotto's.  Asian stuff - Trader Ming's.  Just one of TJ's little quirks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JimmyHoffa said:

 

First off I am not one of those cauliflower every thing health nuts. But if you cook the cauliflower gnocchi right it is one of my favorite things to eat and is a low calorie filling meal. 

Follow the pan fry directions exactly, once they have browned on a few sides, toss in some butter (or olive oil) sprinkle a little fresh parm on top and it's fucking better than some $30+ pasta dishes I have had at restaurants. 

The key is getting the outside crisp, pull too early and it's soggy as shit.  

Yeah, I tossed it in with the water and covered and let it sit. Got brown on bottom, not the rest. I think it was cooked through. Will toss in some butter next time. It wasn't bad. Wasn't great. But I like the cauliflower aspect enough to try again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mack Tripper said:

Instead of water, use butter from the beginning and by the time it's done you'll have brown butter gnocchi. I added sage and pancetta. 

 

thanks for the invite 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, just to make sure I got this right, the spicy hummus as well as the everything but the bagel yogurt dip with their pita bite crackers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HenryJames said:

spacer.png

Trader joe's is selling live Water Bears?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...