Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Re: DJackson attending the aggy game this weekend

EEtDxlgX4AQCIQY?format=jpg&name=small

Reveal hidden contents

EEtDy8_W4AA0Xdt?format=jpg&name=smallEEtDzkLX4AIR_2M?format=jpg&name=small

He really has no idea what is going on in the state he covers. Jimbo is being taken behind woodshed.

gibbs has seen the writing on the wall, like for instance Herman and crew running through the Top 3 DL in the state for the 2020 cycle.

Edited by HtownHorn

When you’re basing the entirety of your lean on “aTm got there first and he doesn’t hate the coaches” I feel like maybe, just maybe, you are wish-casting and there’s a good chance you’re fucked. 

Stanford gets you an elite degree. Any kid considering Stanford seriously can be negative recruited successfully against aTm academics. 

Ohio State gets you shitty academics but an NFL pedigree and a chance to win titles. 

Texas gets you good academics and a chance to perhaps go after titles if you believe the program is on the upswing. That’s a leap of faith for a kid. 

I can make a case for all those schools depending on the kid and his priorities. Now make the case for aTm. 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

When you’re basing the entirety of your lean on “aTm got there first and he doesn’t hate the coaches” I feel like maybe, just maybe, you are wish-casting and there’s a good chance you’re fucked. 

Stanford gets you an elite degree. Any kid considering Stanford seriously can be negative recruited successfully against aTm academics. 

Ohio State gets you shitty academics but an NFL pedigree and a chance to win titles. 

Texas gets you good academics and a chance to perhaps go after titles if you believe the program is on the upswing. That’s a leap of faith for a kid. 

I can make a case for all those schools depending on the kid and his priorities. Now make the case for aTm. 

You might want to refresh your views on tOSU's academics as they've made big strides and are now close to moving into the public ivy realm. They are in the top 20 publics for research.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

You might want to refresh your views on tOSU's academics as they've made big strides and are now close to moving into the public ivy realm. They are in the top 20 publics for research.

Similar to Florida. But you know what, it’s still Florida and Ohio. In both cases I’d like to believe it but then I keep meeting their alumni. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

aTm got there first and he doesn’t hate the coaches

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Which has absolutely fuck-all to do with an undergraduate football player.  

Good sir, you grossly underestimate the complexities of poultry science. As we type, some aggy is using the Schrodinger equation to finally solve the dilemma of the chicken and the egg.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Similar to Florida. But you know what, it’s still Florida and Ohio. In both cases I’d like to believe it but then I keep meeting their alumni

Can any university overcome 9K new Midwestern Provincial aggy level group thinkers injected every year?  

Our theory is all the gene pool with any ambition, drive, or moderate, and above, attractiveness left long ago.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

Back To Topics

Brian Perroni STAFF

Houston Episcopal four-star junior offensive tackle Donovan Jackson made the trip to Texas A&M on Saturday to watch the Aggies take on Auburn. The game didn't go quite as A&M fans had hoped, though.

"This is the first game I've been to this year there, but I've been to others before," the 6-foot-4, 308-pound class of 2021 prospect said. "I know how loud it can get in there. It wasn't that loud this time around and it was disappointing with the run game not really being able to move the ball. But I know how it can be and I know that coach Fisher has always had really good running teams."

The nation's No. 46 overall prospect in the class of 2021, Jackson is aware of the potential to contribute early in Aggieland.

"I had some people come up to me and tell me, 'We could have used you today,' but I don't look at schools like that," he said. "I know there is going to be competition everywhere and I know that everybody has good players. A&M struggled [Saturday], running the ball at least, but that's not going to be the case every game.

"No matter what, though, it's going to be a battle to go in and immediately play anywhere. Kenyon (Green) was able to do that at A&M this year, but's rare. I would love to be able to do that, too."

Jackson has built a solid rapport with the A&M coaching staff and was able to talk to Jimbo Fisher for a bit on Saturday.

"I talked to coach Fisher briefly after the game," Jackson said. "He obviously wasn't in a great mood and said there were things they needed to do better as coaches. But I still got to spend a little time with him and it's always good to talk to him."

Jackson was at the game with teammate and fellow A&M offensive tackle target Cullen Montgomery. He also was able to spend some time with another top target on the offensive line.

"I sat with Bryce (Foster) for a little bit and talked with him," Jackson said. "But he had another engagement already planned, so he had to leave a bit early."

At the moment, Jackson only has one other game he plans to attend.

"Right now, the only one I have for sure is the Ohio State game vs. Penn State (on Nov. 23)," he said. "I might make it back for A&M-Alabama and I might go other places, but the only one for sure is Ohio State

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Back To Topics

Brian Perroni STAFF

Houston Episcopal four-star junior offensive tackle Donovan Jackson made the trip to Texas A&M on Saturday to watch the Aggies take on Auburn. The game didn't go quite as A&M fans had hoped, though.

"This is the first game I've been to this year there, but I've been to others before," the 6-foot-4, 308-pound class of 2021 prospect said. "I know how loud it can get in there. It wasn't that loud this time around and it was disappointing with the run game not really being able to move the ball. But I know how it can be and I know that coach Fisher has always had really good running teams."

The nation's No. 46 overall prospect in the class of 2021, Jackson is aware of the potential to contribute early in Aggieland.

"I had some people come up to me and tell me, 'We could have used you today,' but I don't look at schools like that," he said. "I know there is going to be competition everywhere and I know that everybody has good players. A&M struggled [Saturday], running the ball at least, but that's not going to be the case every game.

"No matter what, though, it's going to be a battle to go in and immediately play anywhere. Kenyon (Green) was able to do that at A&M this year, but's rare. I would love to be able to do that, too."

Jackson has built a solid rapport with the A&M coaching staff and was able to talk to Jimbo Fisher for a bit on Saturday.

"I talked to coach Fisher briefly after the game," Jackson said. "He obviously wasn't in a great mood and said there were things they needed to do better as coaches. But I still got to spend a little time with him and it's always good to talk to him."

Jackson was at the game with teammate and fellow A&M offensive tackle target Cullen Montgomery. He also was able to spend some time with another top target on the offensive line.

"I sat with Bryce (Foster) for a little bit and talked with him," Jackson said. "But he had another engagement already planned, so he had to leave a bit early."

At the moment, Jackson only has one other game he plans to attend.

"Right now, the only one I have for sure is the Ohio State game vs. Penn State (on Nov. 23)," he said. "I might make it back for A&M-Alabama and I might go other places, but the only one for sure is Ohio State

EFF_adlXsAcGPd3?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

EFF_clIWsAApdzj?format=jpg&name=360x360EFF_cyHXkAEnELS?format=jpg&name=small

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Perroni says Texas is one of Jackson's top schools, but didn't he just say last week Texas wasn't much of a factor?  I think we know how this ends.

Thought he said something along the lines of "Texas seems to have confidence here, and I've recently learned it would be a mistake to dismiss that"