Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Texas is going to land one of them soon. Texas has also effectively stopped recruiting George. It's recruiting, shit changes, take it FWIW, fuck off if you don't like the message, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Kiss his ass, Kiss my ass, Happy Hannukah, etc. 

giphy.gif

🎵   Mele Kalikimaka  🎵

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

When/if I have time tomorrow, I'll throw out some more bullshit on the 2020 class. That considered, there's a decent shot it is one or the other, to total four. The SLC guy is for sure a tackle, and he'll commit if pushed. Others might burn enough daylight that they'll be headed elsewhere. Talk of a smaller class continues as of now. We'll see. 

So you are saying Lindberg better jump onboard soon?  

Edited by lemonandaturd

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I mentioned this vaguely on the Non-Texas 2020 thread, but since he's being discussed here, I'll just throw out there that you guys should stop worrying about anything regarding Evans. I argued against that 2 months ago, but new shit has come to light. He was suspended from school recently and he didn't exactly put the work in this spring during NS's spring camp. All of the hype has gone to his head and there are comps to him out there with way less baggage. Texas is going to land one of them soon. Texas has also effectively stopped recruiting George. It's recruiting, shit changes, take it FWIW, fuck off if you don't like the message, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Kiss his ass, Kiss my ass, Happy Hannukah, etc. 

I suspect it was our poster tweeting that flawless Superman edit at him that really gassed him up and pushed him beyond the pale.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

When/if I have time tomorrow, I'll throw out some more bullshit on the 2020 class. That considered, there's a decent shot it is one or the other, to total four. The SLC guy is for sure a tackle, and he'll commit if pushed. Others might burn enough daylight that they'll be headed elsewhere. Talk of a smaller class continues as of now. We'll see. 

SLC guy will get pushed,  the staff likes him a lot.

5 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

So you are saying Lindberg better jump onboard soon?  

Like the zen master says, "we'll see". He's already bigger than folks would like, plays like a guard, and isn't nasty. Texas has a lot of guard talent incoming. 2021 is a badass OL class with a fuckton of Texas leans. GTs on the OL might also be an ongoing thing that UT happily works on every year. 

19 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Washington is a neighbor and should have been on him the entire time, was on him most of his recruitment. Who gets credit for Overshawn, Adimora & Owens? I would have Naiver in that top tier.

Eh. I think he’s a step below. He’s good but he also spent all of last cycle on Catalon and couldn’t land him. Like I said, he’s above average, but I’d say the other 3 are elite. 

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Like the zen master says, "we'll see". He's already bigger than folks would like, plays like a guard, and isn't nasty. Texas has a lot of guard talent incoming. 2021 is a badass OL class with a fuckton of Texas leans. GTs on the OL might also be an ongoing thing that UT happily works on every year. 

After seeing Calvin Anderson contribute and having Parker Braun eager to come here, play and get Master's degree credits,  I like the idea of taking "free agent"  proven seniors from shitty programs.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I mentioned this vaguely on the Non-Texas 2020 thread, but since he's being discussed here, I'll just throw out there that you guys should stop worrying about anything regarding Evans. I argued against that 2 months ago, but new shit has come to light. He was suspended from school recently and he didn't exactly put the work in this spring during NS's spring camp. All of the hype has gone to his head and there are comps to him out there with way less baggage. Texas is going to land one of them soon. Texas has also effectively stopped recruiting George. It's recruiting, shit changes, take it FWIW, fuck off if you don't like the message, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Kiss his ass, Kiss my ass, Happy Hannukah, etc. 

Yup!  His ego is beyond repair.  He's also completely walled off anyone trying to guide him through the process including his brother it seems.  Watch Evans' tape and watch Bijan's.  Evan's is a workhorse in the mold of Trey Sanders.  Bijan is a homerun threat that can probably carry it 20 times a game.  I read some comps on him but he's been compared to David Johnson and it's easy to see it when you watch his highlights.  It's why tOSU has him top 2 on their board along with Milton.  Also watch his interviews and compare him to Evans' bullshit recently.  Complete opposite and a complete culture fit for what this staff is looking for.  We should be thankful USC is a complete shit show because he'd be committed to them right now.  

OB: Lathan Ransom update 

Spoiler

Tucson (AZ) Salpointe DB Lathan Ransom and his father are leaving Austin after Ransom's unofficial visit. I spoke with Ransom's father for a little while and it sounds like the visit could not have gone any better for Texas. 

Though it was an unofficial visit, Ransom's dad said this one was every bit as good as the official visits they've taken to OU and LSU. The entire family (Lathan, dad, mom, sister) will return in a couple weeks for an official visit. 

Lathan and his father spent a ton of time with safeties coach Craig Naivar and really connected well there. They also went out on Lake Travis with Hudson Card and his father, and Lathan really clicked with the Texas players (Caden Sterns was mentioned specifically).

Ransom is planning to release a list of favorites tomorrow, and his dad had no problem saying Texas would make the cut. 

"Texas going to be in there. That’s one thing I can say for sure. I know the five and I'll let Lathan release that, But Texas will be in there. They'll 100-percent be in there."

I'll have much more in tomorrow's 3-2-1. Got a lot of other stuff I need to work on before I get to that.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Eh. I think he’s a step below. He’s good but he also spent all of last cycle on Catalon and couldn’t land him. Like I said, he’s above average, but I’d say the other 3 are elite. 

Catalon had a lot of factors pulling him away from us including a sooner mom. I guess he should have realized it earlier and given up but the numbers and quality at Safety he's been able to land in 2 years is Tier 1.

40 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

imgur>

Image result for that's just like your opinion man gif

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Goodman said:

With the talent at OL in '21, 4 this year would seem enough.

I've said this for a while.  Take 4 this cycle and 5-6 next cycle.

As many in-state we lead for right now on OL for 21', don't forget Robinson and Ransom have a teammate that's a stud OL that's likes us a lot.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Like Evans could get really fat and lazy and do nothing in college. For being an avid weight lifter, his brother his not healthy looking.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Elko Fong wrote it. 

- Texas leads for Bijan. 

- He thinks LSU still leads for Ransom. 

- CB'ed Thompson to Texas. Thinks UT is battling Auburn. 

- Jahari Rogers is down to Texas or Florida. 

- Thinks if Omeire visits Texas as scheduled on June 21st that Texas can get back in it. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

here you go :: 

Hearing five-star running back Bijan Robinson will take his official visit to Texas the weekend of June 21. The Longhorns became a major player for the Tucson (Ariz.) Salpointe Catholic standout during a spring visit and there is buzz that the Big 12 program leads including our own National Analyst. Robinson is taking his official to Ohio State the weekend of June 14 and Angulo adds that UCLA and USC are also in the mix to get officials. The Bruins have also been one of the top schools in this recruitment and has been there three times.

--

Robinson's teammate in 247Sports No. 2 safety Lathan Ransom is expected back on June 14. Word is LSU still leads this recruitment despite Ranson just visiting Austin this past weekend but obviously the Longhorns hope they can sway that. Ohio State, Notre Dame and Oklahoma are battling as well with the Sooners getting a trip in April with the Irish set for June 7 and the Buckeyes on June 21. These will be return trips to OSU and ND as well.

--

Flipped my 247Sports Crystal Ball to Texas regarding the nation's No. 3 safety Chris Thompson Jr.The Longhorns look to be battling Auburn for the Duncanville (Texas) High standout.

--

A source close to Arlington (Texas) High Top247 cornerback Jahari Rogers says Texas and Florida are the top two for the blue-chipper.

--

While there has been a lot of buzz as of late regarding LSU and Texas A&M for Top247 receiver Troy Omiere, if he visits Austin again on June 21 as currently scheduled, perhaps the Longhorns can swing this one back in their favor.

• Like 2

Here’s what Kurelic said on OSU board

And finally for tonight, Arizona running back Bijan Robinson is going to make an official visit to Ohio State the weekend of June 14. That gives the Buckeyes a shot - the Ohio State staff does a great job with kids when they get them on campus for their official visit. But this one I am told is going to be a tough battle for the Buckeyes based on where things stand right now.

Kendall Milton is on the West Coast, but has Midwest background. Robinson on the other hand is a West Coast type guy. Tony Alford does a super job recruiting for the Buckeyes and we have certainly seen what Ryan Day has done with elite prospects. If you missed it, I had a story on Saturday detailing the spectacular array of elite talent Day has brought in to the Ohio State. 

But in the case of Robinson, I am told Arizona, UCLA and Texas are the three schools most likely to land Robinson, and the Buckeyes are going to have to hit a home run on Robinson’s official visit.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

this is the stuff I come here for. :D🏁

7 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Elko Fong wrote it. 

- Texas leads for Bijan. 

- He thinks LSU still leads for Ransom. 

- CB'ed Thompson to Texas. Thinks UT is battling Auburn. 

- Jahari Rogers is down to Texas or Florida. 

- Thinks if Omeire visits Texas as scheduled on June 21st that Texas can get back in it. 

Couldn’t care less about Omeire. He’s a 95 composite grade right now, but he’ll probably finish the cycle around 90.

Edited by Burt Macklin

Thompson going to Auburn, nah.  Jahari, orange house.  Thompson, orange house.  If the AZ kid  Ransom likes the fucking  South Louisiana swamp better than Lake Travis, then go fiddle some Jole Blon with Ogre.   Omeire, I don't care

Edited by lemonandaturd

7 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Couldn’t care less about Omeire. He’s a 95 composite right now, but he’ll probably finish the cycle around 90 or 91. 

This. Aggy needs to save us from ourselves on Omeire. 

Fong is drifting into Perroni/Tarp territory for me. The Auburn-Thompson stuff is the first I'm hearing about it. The Florida mods have already stated the Gators didn't do enough on Rogers visit to get him, but Fong thinks it's a dead heat, the f***? The IT guys seems very confident on Ransom, but Fong thinks we didn't do enough on an unofficial visit? 

Is contractually obligated to mention the SEC in every paragraph? 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

Just now, lemonandaturd said:

Thompson going to Auburn, nah.  Jahari, orange house.  Thompson, orange house.  If the AZ kid  Ransom likes the fucking  South Louisiana swamp better than Lake Travis, then go fiddle some Jole Blon with Ogre.  

Ironic given that he's an OU legacy

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

This. Aggy needs to save us from ourselves. 

Fong is drifting into Perroni/Tarp territory for me. The Auburn-Thompson stuff is the first I'm hearing about it. The Florida mods have already stated the Gators didn't do enough on Rogers visit to get him, but Fong thinks it's a dead heat, the f***? The IT guys seems very confident on Ransom, but Fong thinks we didn't do enough on an unofficial visit? 

Is contractually obligated to mention the SEC in every paragraph? 

The Auburn and Florida stuff is just mentioning whoever's going to be in second place (CTJ recently visted Auburn and they've been consistently sniffing around). He's got pageviews to get and announcements to not spoil.

The Ransom thing is pretty even-handed.

You're tinfoil hatting a bit.

Edited by texifornia

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yep. Hand, Beck, Washington. After that, there’s a decent gap. Naivar’s not bad but it took Washington taking over Sterns’ recruitment to get him to flip.

after that, all the other position coaches on staff are below average recruiters for a major program.

nice try but mehringer is the top recruiter of any school in the entire country.  

4 minutes ago, bEastTexas said:

He’s said in interviews sometime in August but there is some thought he could shut it down during his OV or shortly after. 

The only source I've seen on the thought that Bijan might shut it down during his OV was TFLoss misquoting OB so take it with a grain of salt