Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

On 6/11/2019 at 12:52 PM, Goodman said:

Herman tried his best to sell the Meh/Warehime combo to anyone who would listen 2 years ago and failed. He's trying to sell Drayton & Orlando as HC candidates and that has not worked. Giles is likely headed to an analyst or fb operations role when done on the field.   Who knows though, we go out and win 10-11 games to go along with a top 10 class this year and we could easily be having this same conversation for a 3rd year in a row.

Herman still selling Mehringer....

"Mehringer handled the bulk of the Xs and Os talk during Herman's allotted time at the Angelo Football Clinic on Wednesday. "

https://247sports.com/college/texas/LongFormArticle/Texas-Longhorns-Football-Tom-Herman-speaker-2019-Angelo-Football-Clinic-San-Angelo-Hardee-McCrary-Drew-Mehringer-132848679/

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Nah, just like reacted to Zach Evans' nonsense or something like that. 

I think that was the money thing that wasn't about taking money. It took a millennial interpreter to set the olds straight.

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I really want this Serb tackle instead of Lindberg. He's got some growing to do but watch his tape. He mauls defensive ends like they are filthy Bosnians. 

Only at Shaggy Surly can Serbian war crimes become a recruiting joke. What a magical place. 

Edited by TheFlyingBoat
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Only at Shaggy Surly can Serbian war crimes become a recruiting joke. What a magical place. 

Not for me. I went through Yugoslavia during the beginning of the war. Zagreb, Plitvice, Split and on down through to get to Greece. Just a few snipers here and there made the vacation a little less enjoyable than it could have been.

Edited by Bevo

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

This recruitment jumps from 70% to 80% if Herman sticks the landing with Ransom and his family this weekend.

So refreshing to see a 9.95 gymnastics reference instead of boring old baseball or basketball. 

8 hours ago, Bevo said:

Not for me. I went through Yugoslavia during the beginning of the war. Zagreb, Plitvice, Split and on down through to get to Greece. Just a few snipers here and there made the vacation a little less enjoyable than it could have been.

Split and Dubrovnik are still pretty fab.