Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

13 minutes ago, NameNotFound said:

Yes. And Herman is a lot of things but he's no coward. If your're going to take shots you better not fuck it up because he is going to respond with the same aggression. We saw this in his first year when Meyer was at one of the camps down here checking out Anthony Cook and Herman just showed up as the new face of the Texas program and basically shut his old boss down. 

Hopefully he is learning how to run this operation when you can't identify the enemy, that'll never change. The recent poll that identified 11 schools considering us their rivals makes it clear to everyone what type of hate we are dealing with. Add in that every region wants to recruit this state, anti-Texas agendas like what happened at Rivals-Adidas camp will only increase.

1 minute ago, Goodman said:

anti-Texas agendas like what happened at Rivals-Adidas camp will only increase.

Both you and CTJ mentioned it and its pretty clear what ya'll mean, but was this written about anywhere or are there any more details?  I guess I missed it.

3 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

I remember when he was interviewing for a residency spot. Looks like he ended up at aggy/TempleS&W and stayed on afterward as faculty.

If there is one thing that Grey's Anatomy has taught me, Brett Robin is absolutely cleaning up with the talent at the hospital.  Everyone screws everyone in those places.

13 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Hopefully he is learning how to run this operation when you can't identify the enemy, that'll never change. The recent poll that identified 11 schools considering us their rivals makes it clear to everyone what type of hate we are dealing with. Add in that every region wants to recruit this state, anti-Texas agendas like what happened at Rivals-Adidas camp will only increase.

Agreed. Just consider everybody an enemy and you're solid. Nobody is trying to help UT and negative recruiting tactics are applied to every big program. 

48 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Texas had this worked out by targeting Robinson early and staying on him. They failed to close because they weren’t prepared for the king kong-sized dump the program was going have taken on it by recruits and influencers at the Rivals event. They didn’t have a strong contingency there and it murdered momentum, no more severely than with Robinson, who went from a lean to not returning calls. Some of the fix for that is literally happening in real time for us on the 2021 and 2022 fronts with the staff.

i've heard allusions to the rivals dallas camp.  what happened?  i read that demas became the ring leader at the camp.  it became a shit on texas camp?

9 minutes ago, coachkiss said:

If there is one thing that Grey's Anatomy has taught me, Brett Robin is absolutely cleaning up with the talent at the hospital.  Everyone screws everyone in those places.

It’s true. Little known fact. South Austin’s mom is an ER nurse. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Richter said:

Both you and CTJ mentioned it and its pretty clear what ya'll mean, but was this written about anywhere or are there any more details?  I guess I missed it.

It's a conspiracy theory. It's not real. Plenty of our guys have been lauded for their play even when they were on an Adidas or Nike team. 

12 minutes ago, coachkiss said:

Brett Robin is a lesbian?

(Sorry, never watched the show. Just seemed like everytime I passed through and my wife was watching, they were doing their thing) ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

It's a conspiracy theory. It's not real. Plenty of our guys have been lauded for their play even when they were on an Adidas or Nike team. 

Dude, that’s not what they’re talking about. Its not 7 on 7 teams. Its the actual Rivals camp that happened without too many UT kids going and everyone shat all over Texas. It had nothing to do with shoe teams in 7 on 7. It was at the Rivals camp. Read. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

The camp's issue wasn't the Adidas vs Nike thing, it's that the event composition was a big group of aggy and OU commits, only a couple UT commits, and lots of undecided guys. Those conversations went about how you'd expect.

• Like 2

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Dude, that’s not what they’re talking about. Its not 7 on 7 teams. Its the actual Rivals camp that happened without too many It kids going and everyone shat all over Texas. It had nothing to do with shoe teams in 7 on 7. It was at the Rivals camp. Read. 

It's still a conspiracy theory. Show me an article where this is real. Where kids were dissing on our recruits. 

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

The camp's issue wasn't the Adidas vs Nike thing, it's that the event composition was a big group of aggy and OU commits, only a couple UT commits, and lots of undecided guys. Those conversations went about how you'd expect.

I just don't believe it. It's just message board nonsense. No one knows what was said. Who cares if they had a bunch of guys there and we didn't? 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 8

55 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That is not what ambivalence is, and that’s not the way you, or anyone else, feels about Evans. Evans is true ambivalence for us. If we got him, we’d all get super pumped and find ways to rationalize the shit we don’t like. If he goes somewhere else, we’ll all say fuck it and we’re glad we didn’t have him. Either way, there’s no indifference and therefore we’re really ambivalent. Lindberg is a case of general indifference. 

I hear you, but I am just trying to say I am not losing any sleep if he goes elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, Evans is great and can help us immediately. Anyone who says otherwise is lying, but the way he has approached his recruiting process has just turned me off to the kid. Maybe that all goes away once he hits a campus, maybe it is a harbinger of things to come. Who really knows?  Lord knows I was a cocky asshole as an 18 year old 6A football player and I wasn't even a bluechip recruit. I can't imagine the felatio that he probably has to fend off on a daily basis from people trying to get close to him. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I just don't believe it. It's just message board nonsense. No one knows what was said. Who cares if they had a bunch of guys there and we didn't? 

I don’t even know how to respond to this fucking aggy fake news bullshit. Whatever dude. IT and TFB brainiacs have all referenced the Rivals camp hurting our momentum. And that’s outside what I’ve heard from other folks with connections.  It’s also where Broughton went hard towards aTm until his mom set his ass straight. But yeah, I’m sure your head planted firmly in an ostrich hole is probably correct. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Seriously? If you're in a mixed group of CFB fans you don't shit talk our rivals? And these kids have even more of an incentive to do that since they're recruiting for their classes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I don’t even know how to respond to this fucking aggy fake news bullshit. Whatever dude. IT and TFB brainiacs have all referenced the Rivals camp hurting our momentum. And that’s outside what I’ve heard from other folks with connections.  It’s also where Broughton went hard towards aTm until his mom set his ass straight. But yeah, I’m sure your head planted firmly in an ostrich hole is probably correct. 

They also sell shit for $9.95. If aggy had said some shit like this, we would all he making fun of them and saying BOMC!!!!

• Fuck You 2

9 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

It's still a conspiracy theory. Show me an article where this is real. Where kids were dissing on our recruits. 

8 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Lmao, just admit you didn’t know what you were talking about.

7 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

They also sell shit for $9.95. If aggy had said some shit like this, we would all he making fun of them and saying BOMC!!!!

But the denial of information in favor of your own personal line of thinking is the most aggy thing there is...which is what you’re doing. And to the “we’re doing ok” notion, much of the momentum we have is based in 2021. Broughton got a head check from his mom. 

Robinson and Ransom who attended that camp went from leans to gone. Sure that’s just a coincidence despite lining up what everyone else is reporting though. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

But the denial of information in favor of your own personal line of thinking is the most aggy thing there is...which is what you’re doing. And to the “we’re doing ok” notion, much of the momentum we have is based in 2021. Broughton got a head check from his mom. 

Robinson and Ransom who attended that camp went from means to gone. Sure that’s just a coincidence despite lining up what everyone else is reporting though. 

Plus we're not doing the "it's all a BOMC conspiracy!!!" nonsense. It was a misreading of the dynamics on our staff's end to not build up enough early class cohesion.

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Wow. One player? What will we do between July and November?

This point has not relation at all to the Rivals camp and why we lost credibility with Robinson in the first place. Will we recover? Maybe. Does that mean the Rivals camp didn’t fuck us? No. Why don’t you just tell Trust The Corches!

Robinson and Ransom who attended that camp went from means to gone. Sure that’s just a coincidence despite lining up what everyone else is reporting though. 

Oh right, because no one ever flips from a school they committed to early. We haven't even begun the season, but I guess we should all give up because we don't lead for a few players. 

• Fuck You 2

This point has not relation at all to the Rivals camp and why we lost credibility with Robinson in the first place. Will we recover? Maybe. Does that mean the Rivals camp didn’t fuck us? No. Why don’t you just tell Trust The Corches!

Unless we shit the bed, I'll trust the coaches, not some internet dude who tells us he has sources. Just like we were supposed to have another commit last night, and Leal wasn't an aggy lean, or Clemson just does things differently in regards to PEDS and cheating. Jesus Christ. 

• Fuck You 3

13 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Wow. One player? What will we do between July and November?

Christ, how can losing a guy who was at the top of their board - CLEARLY - at a huge position of need be bad after the last like 3 years of recruiting. 

WE'RE TEXAS, right? everything will be ok! even if it is our #5-10 guy at the position

/s

3 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

Shep has surprised me. His head's being screwed on right was my big concern based on much of the apparent drama in the recruitment. He so far seems to be getting in line with all the other ducks very nicely. His talent gives him a chance to make a very big difference should this hold up. Lindberg is rather the opposite; he is unlikely to wash out, drop out, or fail out, but he is not as much of a physical freak.

I think Shepherd being in a stable, nurturing environment may be a new development for him.  Changes like that usually promote positive development.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Shut the fuck up you moron. You are seriously raging for a dozen posts because apparently you don't believe that Oklahoma and Texas A&M committed teenagers would talk trash about Texas.

You have a history of terribly idiotic takes but this one may be your fucking magnum opus. And calling it an "aggy" thing to say is a pussy bailout move that has nothing to do with reality. This is the same group of posters who reveled in the fact that a recruit group text back in the day shit talked A&M constantly which led to Charlie Strong's best class. It's not "aggy" to realize that other schools and their recruits do the same damn thing ours do when given the chance, that's actually the exact fucking opposite of "aggy" thinking.

So, again. Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Shut the fuck up you moron. You are seriously raging for a dozen posts because apparently you don't believe that Oklahoma and Texas A&M committed teenagers would talk trash about Texas.

You have a history of terribly idiotic takes but this one may be your fucking magnum opus. And calling it an "aggy" thing to say is a pussy bailout move that has nothing to do with reality. This is the same group of posters who reveled in the fact that a recruit group text back in the day shit talked A&M constantly which led to Charlie Strong's best class. It's not "aggy" to realize that other schools and their recruits do the same damn thing ours do when given the chance, that's actually the exact fucking opposite of "aggy" thinking.

So, again. Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

Which sock are you again? Sydney or CTJ?

• Fuck You 12

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

Christ, how can losing a guy who was at the top of their board - CLEARLY - at a huge position of need be bad after the last like 3 years of recruiting. 

WE'RE TEXAS, right? everything will be ok! even if it is our #5-10 guy at the position

/s

Every fucking year we freak out about players, and yet Herman has proven he's delivering. We were in a fucking hole before he got here, so yes, so far he's doing well. Will we get a good RB? I hope. Does anyone know if Bijan commits to tOSU he's done? No. Like every other school our coaches aren't giving up. If Ryan Day shits the bed and we don't, you don't think Bijan will have second thoughts. According to here, VB's mom set him straight, but Bijan's mom won't in the end since she loves Texas, too? 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 5

39 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Brett Robin is a lesbian?

(Sorry, never watched the show. Just seemed like everytime I passed through and my wife was watching, they were doing their thing) ;)

You didn't miss anything. Those were the only parts worth watching.

• Haha 1

Just now, Spider2YBanana said:

Every fucking year we freak out about players, and yet Herman has proven he's delivering. We were in a fucking hole before he got here, so yes, so far he's doing well. Will we get a good RB? I hope. Does anyone know if Bijan commits to tOSU he's done? No. Like every other school our coaches aren't giving up. If Ryan Day shits the bed and we don't, you don't think Bijan will have second thoughts. According to here, VB's mom set him straight, but Bijan's mom won't in the end since she loves Texas, too? 

well, time to flip you to ignore.

thank's for contributing to, what is literally the dumbest sidetrack of the year so far in the recruiting thread. that is actually a tough one to win.

bloody hell.

eli wallach goodbye GIF

5 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Which sock are you again? Sydney or CTJ?

You might consider the possibility that there are multiple people who hate your shitty posts on their own merits, not due to some conspiracy where the only sock accounts allowed by the admins are ones who think you suck. But I'll stop dealing with your tedious bullshit for everyone else's sake. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Just now, Huckleberry said:

You might consider the possibility that there are multiple people who hate your shitty posts on their own merits, not due to some conspiracy where the only sock accounts allowed by the admins are ones who think you suck. But I'll stop dealing with your tedious bullshit for everyone else's sake. 

So put me on ignore. Problem solved. 

• Fuck You 2