Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

I don’t think we are even at the halfway point of the Evans recruitment. Even if he commits to a Georgia or Bama right now, I think theres a good chance it comes down to us or aggy at the end. Proximity is going to factor in once push comes to shove.  

1 minute ago, Caddox said:

I don’t think we are even at the halfway point of the Evans recruitment. Even if he commits to a Georgia or Bama right now, I think theres a good chance it comes down to us or aggy at the end. Proximity is going to factor in once push comes to shove.  

I agree 100%. He stated he wanted to see something to the affect of “maulers” on the O-line. With our recent domination of O-Line recruiting, especially the ‘21 (granted they would still be young when he’s a So-jr) class , he has to see we are building something.  A Win Over LSU would have to get his attention. 

10 minutes ago, Caddox said:

If you truly believe it will be a matter of proximity, more likely to be LSU. aggy is lulz and not sure Herman willing to put up with the amount of shenanigans Evans is bringing to the table.

Edited by UDontKnow

3 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

I agree 100%. He stated he wanted to see something to the affect of “maulers” on the O-line. With our recent domination of O-Line recruiting, especially the ‘21 (granted they would still be young when he’s a So-jr) class , he has to see we are building something.  A Win Over LSU would have to get his attention. 

Don't. Listen. To. A. Word. Evans. Says.

He just contradicts himself the next day every time. 

20 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Don't. Listen. To. A. Word. Evans. Says.

He just contradicts himself the next day every time. 

It's not like he put out a Top 5 or anything and then immediately visited two schools not on the Top 5 the next week or anything.

4 hours ago, Sock Monkey said:

I don't totally disagree, but I'd rather have a Daniel Young at 3rd string running back than asking a non-Jordan Whittington WR to move to running back in case of injury. 

Daniel Young was recruited and developed to be a player. He is, at minimum our third down back and going into fall camp last year was our number 1 back. When they recruited and signed him they thought he would be a key contributor. He is far from a depth player if I understand how the term is used. 

6 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Daniel Young was recruited and developed to be a player. He is, at minimum our third down back and going into fall camp last year was our number 1 back. When they recruited and signed him they thought he would be a key contributor. He is far from a depth player if I understand how the term is used. 

He's going to play the position they want Hullaby to play, likely will get more looks in a 21 personnel package where he can play the FB/HBack position ala Meier or Flowers at OU.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 hour ago, elguapo said:

It’s unacceptable that the fucking University of Texas is having so much trouble landing an elite RB. This shit needs to get resolved yesterday.

The irony is that Texas has a bad ass running back (Whittington) even though Drayton had nothing to do with it.  He may save Drayton’s ass.  

13 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Who needs the best RB to come out of Texas since Peterson? Give me Kyle Porter and Daniel Young and I'll see you at the Alamo bowl. 

If Zach Evans ends up better than Jamaal Charles I'll take a jam boy to the Taj Mahal, all expenses paid and lick the jelly off him from head to toe and apologize to him for the entirety of British Imperialism via interpretive dance. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Tree Fidy said:

bd3eee88d116a57f528aaca2103228a6.jpg

I guess he wasn’t repping Dawgs or Horns.

I'm so meh on this kid. He looks like the fat linemen we make fun of aggy for taking. The video that autoplays on his 247 profile is of him getting beat like a drum over and over again at a camp.

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

What the fuck am I even looking at?  That could just be two assholes on Surly texting at each other. Scroll up and you’ll probably see the nudes those two were exchanging. 

From the screenshot, all I can make out one of the guy's names: Matthew. Given that it is someone in the know about Georgia and quite possibly from Texas, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Tree Fidy is texting with Matt Stafford. You're welcome.

6 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

From the screenshot, all I can make out one of the guy's names: Matthew. Given that it is someone in the know about Georgia and quite possibly from Texas, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Tree Fidy is texting with Matt Stafford. You're welcome.

Wrong. It’s Saint Matthew. This is the word of the Lord. 

37 minutes ago, NoName said:

i mean, no offense but he wasn't a take as a depth guy. he was a 4*, top 25 player in Texas and inside the top 200 nationally in the composite. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Lorenzo-Joe-14139/high-school-14777/

0.9257 score

I think he was also the first commit in the class of memory serves correctly. Don’t usually take a depth guy as commit #1

• Like 1