Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

7 minutes ago, futureman said:

where did you see this?  I’ve heard that OU is his leader. 

I've seen this on a couple OU sites. They think they're getting Collins and Bryant. 

Bryant to OU seems like a slam dunk right now. Texas hasn't offered.  

Edited by billfromlaketravis

2 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

Letting BC go would be the mistake that keeps on hurting for years (decades?). Brewster hurt us enough. BC is much younger and seems to connect with an awful lot of the guys we want. An expert on recruiting our turf is a danger, even to a renascent Texas. Unless he aspires to coach on the field, we should be able to craft a custom position for him and pay what it takes to keep him.

LSU already made a run at BC last year.  That got stopped dead in its tracks.

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

He either told Perroni something or Perroni is sunshine pumping because some of the posters are giddy about something from Perroni's recruiting notes from the UA.

They’re giddy because Jimbo said he’d bring in the number 1 or 2 class. 😂

20 hours ago, RGBIII said:

—2021 Denton Ryan defensive end Ja'Tavion Sanders made his way to Austin and picked up a Texas offer. The fast-rising defensive end prospect mentioned that there are several Texas fans in his family. He hasn’t visited many other schools, and Tom Herman personally made the offer to him. Sanders said that made his offer experience meaningful. He’s still sorting through all of the new offers, but Texas will definitely be a player for him throughout his recruitment.

Is this Spencer Sanders' little brother?

2 hours ago, cafe society said:

To be clear, I am all for paying BC and keeping him on staff, it just seems that there is a lot of mentioning Samples in conjunction with BC of late.

With the recent success, Texas is able to both cast a wider net and work on recruiting more of the time-intensive top blue chips.  Herman could either spread BC thinner over a bigger number of recruits or give him more help.  Samples was brought in about a year ago - almost the same time as Herb Hand.  He was needed so the staff could maintain the same level of personal contact with a bigger pool of recruits.  Herman already knew Samples from his playing day and if the results are any indication, he's looking like a great assistant to BC but I haven't heard of anyone that could replace Carrington.

3 hours ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

Strong take for being 100% wrong.  Things were getting very personal long before Herman arrived in Austin.  Do you actually believe Herman didn't know exactly where things were headed when he signed off on the Mrs backing Smith's ex?  Do you think he'd let that roll with one his mentors being Meyer and the relationship even a fraction of healthy?The bad blood ran deep and still does even with Meyer's departure..  that recruiting board tweet was from the Ohio State staff, not OU.

So when and what caused the problems between Herman and Urby??  Sounds like from your post it began while Herman was still in Columbus.

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

No matter where Vernon Broughton ends up, I’m thinking that his ranking is going to go up significantly. 

He’s a 4 Star @ .9212 in the composite 

But 247 currently has him as a 3 Star @ 89

308th in the nation/ 15th SDE / 40th in Texas

247’s ranking will change... I would think. 

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

So when and what caused the problems between Herman and Urby??  Sounds like from your post it began while Herman was still in Columbus.

I have absolutely no intel on this, but Herman probably found out that Urby was a fraudulent piece of shit and Urby knew about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

No matter where Vernon Broughton ends up, I’m thinking that his ranking is going to go up significantly. 

He’s a 4 Star @ .9212 in the composite 

But 247 currently has him as a 3 Star @ 89

308th in the nation/ 15th SDE / 40th in Texas

247’s ranking will change... I would think. 

He’s a beast. We should offer his dad too. Great genes.

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Cbus times for sure, not sure on the cause.   I have 2 really dialed in Buckeye connections, one said it was the attn Herman was getting and an alpha thing..  other thought it was recruiting staff for his ultimate departure.  Both?

4 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Supposedly Urban hated how much credit Herman got for the 2014 title.

Seems like it might have started earlier than that.  I'm sure that Herman knew that meeting with Nick Saban and Kirby Smart in Tuscaloosa just a few weeks after he left Columbus would piss off Urban Meyer.  Just as obviously Herman didn't give a crap.  That would be a very short window for Urban's envy of the credit being given to Herman souring a previously healthy relationship.

1 hour ago, Magus Ossis said:

You can see, surely, how hard it will be to give him a title he already has? This will take some problem-solving, but I trust the coaches to find a way.

It was mentioned finding creative ways to add titles and compensation for BC to keep him at Texas longer.  Maybe in a few years, combine BC's recruiting duties along with spending time on the AD Staff where CDC mentors him. 

Later in his career, I could see BC as a great fund raiser with the opportunity to one day become an AD somewhere.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

It was mentioned finding creative ways to add titles and compensation for BC to keep him at Texas longer.  Maybe in a few years, combine BC's recruiting duties along with spending time on the AD Staff where CDC mentors him. 

Later in his career, I could see BC as a great fund raiser with the opportunity to one day become an AD somewhere.

This sounds more like it 

BC isn't going to be a 20-something forever. There is a window to how long you can be "young, relatable, and like a big brother".

When you are older than the recruit's parents, you are no longer in the "like a big brother" window. You can be the "cool uncle who gets it/who I can confide in", but you are no longer "like a big brother".

But being likable can always be to your advantage and being a fundraiser is a natural evolution in the career trajectory.

• Like 2

Damn. There’s been a lot of ducking sunshine this weekend. 2020 is gonna be a great damn class.

Herman has unlocked the blueprint for maximizing recruiting at UT. Hit your top in-state targets that would make up a top 10 class by itself, and then bring in roughly 5 OOS guys that fill gaps in the state of Texas talent pool for that year.

if this staff hits its optimal OL class like it’s looking to, lands Evans, hits on most of its DL options and closes on a couple more of these OOS studs, like Ringo and Flowe, then this may end up being the best class in the country.

AND that’s after landing back-to-back #3 classes preceding 2020. That kind of talent combined with the kind of development and coaching we’ve seen from this staff means perennial 10+ win seasons and playoff contention year in and year out.

6 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

You should probably quit posting after your third drink.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/8553611/Branard-Wright

I’m not sure what you’re thinking but Wright is a hard pass. A guy who looks like that this far out form college is a huge red flag. Our defense requires the DL to stunt and penetrate gaps. We have no use for a 350 lb DT who can’t move. 

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Damn. There’s been a lot of ducking sunshine this weekend. 2020 is gonna be a great damn class.

Herman has unlocked the blueprint for maximizing recruiting at UT. Hit your top in-state targets that would make up a top 10 class by itself, and then bring in roughly 5 OOS guys that fill gaps in the state of Texas talent pool for that year.

if this staff hits its optimal OL class like it’s looking to, lands Evans, hits on most of its DL options and closes on a couple more of these OOS studs, like Ringo and Flowe, then this may end up being the best class in the country.

AND that’s after landing back-to-back #3 classes preceding 2020. That kind of talent combined with the kind of development and coaching we’ve seen from this staff means perennial 10+ win seasons and playoff contention year in and year out.

Hell ducking yeah.