2019 Texas Longhorns fall practice thread

Machinator

11 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Quoting a two day old post is a pretty decent indication that everyone is over it. 

I'm so sorry I don't have the time to constantly hit F5 for continual updates, 

So in other words go f*** your negative ass self.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Lerka Lerka said:

Shooter late to the calling B_B on his BS party and B_B showing his gaping sandy vagina, again. 

Would you expect anything more from an infected ass drip.

Seriously though there have only been one or two posters that I've gone on neg runs on. I'm done with it.

• Like 1

(Chip Brown) Practice report: Exclusive scoop from Tuesday's closed practice

AUSTIN, Texas — According to a few sources who observed the Texas Longhorns’ Tuesday fall camp practice No. 10, here’s what they had to say:

Chris Brown was Caden Sterns (ankle) replacement on the first-team defense. Running back Keaontay Ingram was in full pads and seemed to be moving around well, even though he was held out of contact with a bone bruise on his left knee. Jordan Whittington got a lot of the first-team carries, followed by Danny Young and then walk-ons Jarrett Smith (5-7, 200) and Jaren Watkins (5-5, 160). Watkins was the player transported out of practice via EMS. But UT put out a release later in the day Tuesday saying Watkins was treated for a “minor injury” and released from the hospital.

Cade Brewer kept his hot streak alive (after being named ESPN SportsCenter’s No. 10 play on Plays Of The Day for his one-handed TD catch in Sunday’s scrimmage). Brewer caught a touchdown pass from Sam Ehlinger in 11-on-11 toward the end of Tuesday’s practice. Malcolm Epps caught a touchdown pass from Casey Thompson and also made a great one-handed catch in the red zone against tight coverage from Jalen Green.

According to sources, Green has been the most consistent cornerback of fall camp. On Tuesday, Kobe Boyce was running at first-team corner along with Green. DeMarvion Overshown, who is returning from a mid-foot sprain, was working with the second-team defense.

The first-team defense in red zone work had Malcolm Roach and Ta’Quon Graham at end with Keondre Coburn at nose with three linebackers on the field — Ayodele Adeoye, Jeff McCulloch and Joseph Ossai — and five defensive backs (Green and Boyce at corner; Brandon Jones and Chris Brown at safety; and B.J. Foster and Josh Thompson rotating at nickel). Jake Smith is making plays when they throw to him while still in motion on receiver screens.

The first-team offensive line Tuesday was Sam Cosmi at left tackle, Junior Angilau at left guard, Zach Shackelford at center, Derek Kerstetter at right guard and Denzel Okafor at right tackle. The next time the first-team offensive line would take the field, it was Cosmi at left tackle, Parker Braun at left guard, Shackelford at center, Angilau at right guard and Kerstetter at right tackle. The second-team offensive line was Tyler Johnson at left tackle, Tope Imade at left guard, Rafiti Ghirmai at center, J.P. Urquidez at right guard and Christian Jones at right tackle.

After practice, Josh Thompson said he, Foster and freshman Chris Adimora have been working at nickel. Thompson also had praise for freshman cornerback Kenyatta Watson. Thompson said the biggest hitter on the team would be a close race between B.J. Foster and Chris Brown. When asked about the play of the cornerbacks, Thompson said, “Jalen Green has been showing up every day.”

Brewer said after practice he and Ehlinger, one of his roommates along with Brandon Jones and Thompson, have “cleaned up” the seam routes that Ehlinger struggled to connect with Andrew Beck last season. “We cleaned that up in the spring, and we’ve both improved that part of our games,” Brewer said. When asked if it was a “touch” thing, Brewer said, “It was more of a confidence thing — just developing that confidence together on those routes.”

Collin Johnson said after practice he’s proud of the way his brother Kirk, an injury-plagued fifth-year senior, has responded to a left shoulder joint sprain that will keep him out at least six weeks. “Probably only Kirk Johnson could handle something like that with the attitude he’s shown,” Johnson said, referring to the determination his brother has shown in wanting to return from yet another injury.

Johnson said at Big 12 Media Days Devin Duvernay is a player he thinks will surprise on offense this season. He still feels that way, 10 practices into fall camp. “Devin’s a nightmare in the slot,” Johnson said. “He’s a beast. He’s the best route runner I’ve played with. I’m excited to go to war with that guy.” When asked about the play of Brennan Eagles at Z receiver, which has enabled Duvernay to move from Z to to the slot, Johnson said: “Brennan is understanding the game more and more, and he only knows one speed, and that’s all-out.”

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Cosmi-Braun-Shack-Angilau/Okafor-Kerstetter on OL sounds good.

It’s pretty obvious who the top 6 are. Ideally we have 7-8 guys we can count on to start at some point in the season. Who are those other two guys? It sounds like Imade is the closest to being in that group. 

48 minutes ago, satyanash said:

(Chip Brown) Practice report: Exclusive scoop from Tuesday's closed practice

Reveal hidden contents

AUSTIN, Texas — According to a few sources who observed the Texas Longhorns’ Tuesday fall camp practice No. 10, here’s what they had to say:

Chris Brown was Caden Sterns (ankle) replacement on the first-team defense. Running back Keaontay Ingram was in full pads and seemed to be moving around well, even though he was held out of contact with a bone bruise on his left knee. Jordan Whittington got a lot of the first-team carries, followed by Danny Young and then walk-ons Jarrett Smith (5-7, 200) and Jaren Watkins (5-5, 160). Watkins was the player transported out of practice via EMS. But UT put out a release later in the day Tuesday saying Watkins was treated for a “minor injury” and released from the hospital.

Cade Brewer kept his hot streak alive (after being named ESPN SportsCenter’s No. 10 play on Plays Of The Day for his one-handed TD catch in Sunday’s scrimmage). Brewer caught a touchdown pass from Sam Ehlinger in 11-on-11 toward the end of Tuesday’s practice. Malcolm Epps caught a touchdown pass from Casey Thompson and also made a great one-handed catch in the red zone against tight coverage from Jalen Green.

According to sources, Green has been the most consistent cornerback of fall camp. On Tuesday, Kobe Boyce was running at first-team corner along with Green. DeMarvion Overshown, who is returning from a mid-foot sprain, was working with the second-team defense.

The first-team defense in red zone work had Malcolm Roach and Ta’Quon Graham at end with Keondre Coburn at nose with three linebackers on the field — Ayodele Adeoye, Jeff McCulloch and Joseph Ossai — and five defensive backs (Green and Boyce at corner; Brandon Jones and Chris Brown at safety; and B.J. Foster and Josh Thompson rotating at nickel). Jake Smith is making plays when they throw to him while still in motion on receiver screens.

The first-team offensive line Tuesday was Sam Cosmi at left tackle, Junior Angilau at left guard, Zach Shackelford at center, Derek Kerstetter at right guard and Denzel Okafor at right tackle. The next time the first-team offensive line would take the field, it was Cosmi at left tackle, Parker Braun at left guard, Shackelford at center, Angilau at right guard and Kerstetter at right tackle. The second-team offensive line was Tyler Johnson at left tackle, Tope Imade at left guard, Rafiti Ghirmai at center, J.P. Urquidez at right guard and Christian Jones at right tackle.

After practice, Josh Thompson said he, Foster and freshman Chris Adimora have been working at nickel. Thompson also had praise for freshman cornerback Kenyatta Watson. Thompson said the biggest hitter on the team would be a close race between B.J. Foster and Chris Brown. When asked about the play of the cornerbacks, Thompson said, “Jalen Green has been showing up every day.”

Brewer said after practice he and Ehlinger, one of his roommates along with Brandon Jones and Thompson, have “cleaned up” the seam routes that Ehlinger struggled to connect with Andrew Beck last season. “We cleaned that up in the spring, and we’ve both improved that part of our games,” Brewer said. When asked if it was a “touch” thing, Brewer said, “It was more of a confidence thing — just developing that confidence together on those routes.”

Collin Johnson said after practice he’s proud of the way his brother Kirk, an injury-plagued fifth-year senior, has responded to a left shoulder joint sprain that will keep him out at least six weeks. “Probably only Kirk Johnson could handle something like that with the attitude he’s shown,” Johnson said, referring to the determination his brother has shown in wanting to return from yet another injury.

Johnson said at Big 12 Media Days Devin Duvernay is a player he thinks will surprise on offense this season. He still feels that way, 10 practices into fall camp. “Devin’s a nightmare in the slot,” Johnson said. “He’s a beast. He’s the best route runner I’ve played with. I’m excited to go to war with that guy.” When asked about the play of Brennan Eagles at Z receiver, which has enabled Duvernay to move from Z to to the slot, Johnson said: “Brennan is understanding the game more and more, and he only knows one speed, and that’s all-out.”

It doesn’t seem very exclusive 

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Epps is a funny dude

He seems to have an interesting personality.  I had a strange conversation with him at the meet the horns event Sunday.  I told him I was looking forward to seeing him jump over some dudes this season.  He got kind of serious and didn’t really look me in the eye and said, “we don’t jump over people in this program.”  I said something like, “ hmm. Oh yeah?” And the guy next to him said something to the effect of the league doesn’t let them hurdle over people.  I told him that wasn’t what I meant, I meant Mossing some guys and then it seemed like he just said “oh ok”.

12 minutes ago, Richter said:

He seems to have an interesting personality.  I had a strange conversation with him at the meet the horns event Sunday.  I told him I was looking forward to seeing him jump over some dudes this season.  He got kind of serious and didn’t really look me in the eye and said, “we don’t jump over people in this program.”  I said something like, “ hmm. Oh yeah?” And the guy next to him said something to the effect of the league doesn’t let them hurdle over people.  I told him that wasn’t what I meant, I meant Mossing some guys and then it seemed like he just said “oh ok”.

LJH hurdled people all the damn time. 

It’s pretty obvious who the top 6 are. Ideally we have 7-8 guys we can count on to start at some point in the season. Who are those other two guys? It sounds like Imade is the closest to being in that group. 

Imade probably is #7. While we haven't seen much word of him in the first team during fall, he got some reps in the spring. On a purely physical basis there's no question he can handle playing. I'd think he could be hidden between Cosmi and Shack without too much of an issue - no worse than Vahe last year.

I'm general guard depth is okay. Tackle and center are what really could be issues. A Kerstetter injury would be a double whammy because of his center experience, and he's probably the second best tackle on the team right now. In general the drop from first to second team at tackle and center still appears pretty significant.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Haven’t heard much this camp about Christian Jones, but he needs to be the guy to step up if a tackle gets hurt or kerstetter has to move to center. 

He was a developmental take who played soccer most of his life until he got huge. I think expecting a huge amount out of him as an RS Freshman is a lot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Richter said:

He was obviously making a joke and you did not pick up on it. Dude is a clown, but funny.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Haven’t heard much this camp about Christian Jones, but he needs to be the guy to step up if a tackle gets hurt or kerstetter has to move to center. 

Nope. Whoever isn’t starting at tackle between Lerstetter/Okafor is the backup tackle. It’s not realistic to expect a guy who came in as raw as Jones to be ready to play in his second year.