2019 Texas Longhorns fall practice thread

Machinator

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

I’ve been to 2 of these in my life. This year and before the 2005 NC season. 05 I brought a football which I think the entire team signed. I had to tell almost every player not to sign on the Longhorn because I was saving that spot for Vince. They all looked sad but it was worth it. 

Same this year but not as many signatures. Sam signed on the Longhorn.  We’ll see if it turns out to be as valuable as the 05 one. I’ll go again next year for good measure. 

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

You sure do talk about others “peens” a lot. Sounds like you have a fetish there. 

No, but it’s hard not to notice when the less endowed start slapping their small junk all over the site to act like they’re tough just because they disagree with the take. 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

No, but it’s hard not to notice when the less endowed start slapping their small junk all over the site to act like they’re tough just because they disagree with the take. 

Calling you a bitch isn't acting "tough". It's a fact based on how you keep acting, bitch. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Ok. Follow me here. If Ingram had to miss extended time it would be Young, Whitt and a walk-on. Almost certainly one of the two starters would get dinged during the course of a season. Hence one plus a walk-on. There’s no starter going to carry the load for 13 games. Which means a walk- would have to get significant playing time. And then it would fall to which games he were forced to play in. 

We shouldn’t even play them in games. Too risky, imo. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Fud said:

I’m concerned about the continued usage of Ehlinger in practice. He only has one throwing arm, and could tear a rotator cuff, an UCL, or her tennis elbow in literally any throw. Too risky, imo. 

Sneak peek at next weekend’s scrimmage. 

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

I’ve made it pretty clear that I’m fine with their being hurt during the course of normal practice.it happens.
Oh noes, I was wrong about their being injured during the scrimmage. How will I ever weather your small peen BS. If the coaches held them out it was smart. It would also be against the grain of their prior pre season work. 

You know the normal thing to do when you’ve been shown to be a dead ass wrong know nothing bitch is to let it go and move on.
  • Like 3

Jake Smith is smooth as hell at RB.

I know Herman said today that "it wouldn't be fair to put Smith at RB right now" but they can put him back there if need be. I actually think Smith is better in the backfield than he is at WR. Smith can't be a workhorse type because of his size but he should be getting 5-7 touches a game out of the backfield because of his ability to make guys miss. Smith is electric with the ball in his hands. 

RB is also a position where you can simplify things for a guy like Smith. Just give him the ball and let him make a play. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

10 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Jaren Watkins' hudl is pretty fun to watch -- scat back.

HUDL Highlights - Jaren Watkins

Not sure about the testing numbers but Smith was a 4.48, 4.2 shuttle guy, while Watkins was 4.41, 3.98. At least that is what is on Hudl, and that speed showed up on their respective videos.

Edited by HtownHorn

12 hours ago, GotThatFire said:

I’ve been to 2 of these in my life. This year and before the 2005 NC season. 05 I brought a football which I think the entire team signed. I had to tell almost every player not to sign on the Longhorn because I was saving that spot for Vince. They all looked sad but it was worth it. 

Same this year but not as many signatures. Sam signed on the Longhorn.  We’ll see if it turns out to be as valuable as the 05 one. I’ll go again next year for good measure. 

If it works again I’ll need a series of 6 numbers toot sweet please...

12 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Just hold out every starter until game 1. And every backup. Just walkon on walkon rest of camp. 

Jeremiah Johnson nodding gif. 

10 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Jake Smith is smooth as hell at RB.

I know Herman said today that "it wouldn't be fair to put Smith at RB right now" but they can put him back there if need be. I actually think Smith is better in the backfield than he is at WR. Smith can't be a workhorse type because of his size but he should be getting 5-7 touches a game out of the backfield because of his ability to make guys miss. Smith is electric with the ball in his hands. 

RB is also a position where you can simplify things for a guy like Smith. Just give him the ball and let him make a play. 

Stop it.

Thats a ridiculous statement.  Saying that then posting a vid of a 1 yard run?  

GTFOH.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

Stop it.

Thats a ridiculous statement.  Saying that then posting a vid of a 1 yard run?  

GTFOH.

A lot of his film is at RB. There's plenty of big runs at RB if that's your thing. Open his HUDL.

Watch the 2nd and 3rd plays. He's the definition of a scatback. He could easily play RB at this level and be very good at it. Not giving him touches out of the backfield would be dumb even absent the injuries because he has the ability to house runs like these. It's the same concept as bubble screens which you will see a lot of with Smith in the slot. Get guys that are fast the ball in their hands. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed