Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

10 hours ago, Druggist said:

I was stunned at the turn of events at first and was pretty much speechless.  Then I thought about Costa Rica and their summer cottage on the ocean in Nova Scotia.   It was an investment.  My in-laws are pretty awesome compared to the ones in the holiday thread.

You are a kept man. Good on ya.

No amount of money or in-law influence will ever outweigh wielding the remote.  You think these people will give a shit about you when you divorce their daughter in 5 years?  They'll do everything they can to make your life hell.

Your remote is always there for you.  Get your priorities straight, take the loss pussy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Druggist said:

I was stunned at the turn of events at first and was pretty much speechless.  Then I thought about Costa Rica and their summer cottage on the ocean in Nova Scotia.   It was an investment.  My in-laws are pretty awesome compared to the ones in the holiday thread.

At least she had the decency to press pause instead of just flipping the channel over to Grey's Anatomy or whatnot.

My wife is Sand Aggy. She gives zero fucks about football and I don't think she even ever went to a game while she was in school. Still, she's going to root for Tech and annoy the shit out of me for 3 hours 5 hours during the game just because. So I come up with this brilliant idea: I bet her $20 that Tech is going to win. She spent the entire game talking shit to me every time Texas scored and was rooting for the Horns the whole time. Best $20 I ever spent.
And that $20 will turn into something like this, right?

ed2b25aac757576c36a743e123199c22.jpg
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

My wife is Sand Aggy. She gives zero fucks about football and I don't think she even ever went to a game while she was in school. Still, she's going to root for Tech and annoy the shit out of me for 3 hours 5 hours during the game just because. So I come up with this brilliant idea: I bet her $20 that Tech is going to win. She spent the entire game talking shit to me every time Texas scored and was rooting for the Horns the whole time. Best $20 I ever spent.

Reverse pay for the win.  Impressive. 

On 11/11/2018 at 8:18 AM, Incredulity said:

Well, mine has perfected the art of sending some garbled gibberish of a text and then not being able to answer the phone when I call for a translation moments later.

Which basically broke me of giving a fuck about when she texts.  Quick scan for the words hospital, kids name or emergency. If not, I will deal with it when I get home.

From now on, respond to a gibberish text with:  Ok, cool.  Hook'em.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2018 at 10:44 AM, Mitch Cumsteen said:

THAT is how you do marriage.  (As we ignore the clutter obscuring Mitch's view of the tv)